Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati Bengals first round pick suffers HUGE injury
(08-02-2016, 01:48 PM)Gohards Wrote: Looks like we will most likely be without WJIII this season. I cant find much else on this story but this is what i have so far.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000678910/article/bengals-william-jackson-suffers-torn-pectoral-muscle?campaign=fb-nf-sf32328457-sf32328457

Correct me if wrong but I think he'd only be out 2-3 months 
Reply/Quote
Per rotoworld:

Bengals first-round CB William Jackson III has been diagnosed with a torn pectoral, and is out indefinitely.

"Jackson will likely be headed to injured reserve/designated to return. It's not as big of a blow as it might initially seem, as Jackson was ticketed for No. 4 corner duties to begin the season. The Bengals still have Adam Jones, Dre Kirkpatrick and Darqueze Dennard. The real blow is that it stalls Jackson's development, costing him invaluable training camp time."

But on the other hand, again per rotoworld:

Steelers SCB Senquez Golson is out 12 weeks with a Lisfranc injury in his foot.

"It sounds like a sprain and not a fracture, but it's still a huge blow to the Steelers' secondary. The 56th overall pick in last year's draft, Golson was markered in as Pittsburgh's starting slot corner. They will likely turn back to William Gay on the interior, with Ross Cockrell and raw rookie Artie Burns manning the boundaries. Golson missed all of 2015 due to shoulder surgery."

The point? While this still stings, our team is as deeply talented as any team in the league. They are built to withstand injuries such as these. It is certainly a testament to how well they have drafted and developed players. The steelers, however, are back in as bad or worse of a bind when it comes to their secondary. We should count ourselves very fortunate for the depth we have.

WjIII will heal up from this and jump right back into becoming our future. It would be nice to have him this season, but truth be told, we do not downright NEED him to be successful. The Cincinnati Bengals will be fine moving forward. The Pittsburgh Steelers? Maybe not...

Reply/Quote
We are still better able to handle injuries to CB better than most teams. This would prompt me to call Leon and get him in. The guy can be a serviceable #4 and #3 when needed.
Reply/Quote
Can we all just agree this effing franchise is cursed?  Bang Head
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Sucks but good thing we invest in DBs. Hopefully it won't stun his growth to much.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It's not the end of the world.

We don't know what kind of impact he would have made, but I don't think he was going to be replacing our 1 or 2. As it is, he can take a few months, learn the plays and maybe provide some depth in the playoffs when — most likely — we'll be getting thin. Having him on the bench for a few months may not be a bad thing if he can come in when the season starts wearing guys down. And if he can't come in at all this year, we've got a first round pick with a year's experience learning the scheme who didn't have the same pressure a lot of rookies go through.
Reply/Quote
First round picks don't get hurt during training camp when they hold out. This new CBA has screwed us again.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 03:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: First round picks don't get hurt during training camp when they hold out.  This new CBA has screwed us again.

lol most unexpected comment today...  
Reply/Quote
Dude this sucks..

I hope were calling Leon Hall.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
sigh...
Reply/Quote
Don't worry, we'll use a first rounder on a position that is already one of our biggest strengths, ignoring our biggest need, and this is what happens.

Boy, it would be nice to have Corey Coleman or Sterling Shepard next to AJ right about now.
Reply/Quote
Bummer. Get Leon Hall back in here quick
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:21 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Don't worry, we'll use a first rounder on a position that is already one of our biggest strengths, ignoring our biggest need, and this is what happens.

Boy, it would be nice to have Corey Coleman or Sterling Shepard next to AJ right about now.

Coleman was gone and Shepard was not worthy of being drafted that high, not to mention Tyler boyd, by all accounts, is as advertised. So unless they have a crystal ball and ignored this injury prophecy then your point is moot. They drafted just fine.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully we can find someone to fill in for his role as a gunner on punts.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
There's gotta be a younger guy with at least one good Achilles tendon out there. Leon Hall is done.... They probably give him a call if his back is good though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
As bad as this sucks , we can afford to lose a db, if we would have lost boyd, we'd be in serious trouble. Boyd is going to get a lot of playing time from the start.

Hopefully dennard steps up . I really think shaw is going to make some noise this year and probe to be a steal
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:42 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Hopefully we can find someone to fill in for his role as a gunner on punts.

James Wright
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 02:50 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Correct me if wrong but I think he'd only be out 2-3 months 

Depends on the severity of the tear.  When you consider that an activity like running, or tackling, requires a good bit of stress on the pectoral muscles, I'd say that he could possibly be done for the season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well this sucks. Need to get Leon back asap
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 02:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Terrible news. WTS, does anyone know if Shaw has been taking the most snaps at CB or S this spring? I see this effecting us similarly to last year when DD went down. I had hoped to see more of Shaw at S, but this most likely stops that.

Would be happy to bring Hall back as well, just not sure this will be a reason for it;as Radio was probably already going to be inactive if we brought back Leon.

Shaw saw his first time at safety yesterday as a second teamer. He had an INT. That's all I know thus far about where he's playing.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote