Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati Bengals first round pick suffers HUGE injury
(08-03-2016, 12:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Anyone who mentioned calling up Leon Hall, thought you should know he as of right this second is inside the NY Giant's building. So he might be no longer available soon.

I don't understand why he would pick NY over us.

But it looks like its happening, and he might be picking off Dalton in primetime.
Reply/Quote
Sucks, i haven't been on here for a bit cause my computer went down but i heard about it.

Was really hoping to see what WJ3 could offer atleast on ST's this year. Still might though, he could be back in late November.

The Kroft injury was concerning but as long as he is ready for the opener its all good. This would really suck if it was our 3rd
Preseason game or something. Happy that Uzomah is looking good, plus Kroft has had snaps in big time games so he should
be fine coming back in time to take a little heat off of the other TE's.

Would be great if Eifert was back for the Steelers game. From what i have heard he might even be ready for the opener but i
am not holding my breath with our history. The Dennard injury actually concerns me the most, dude needs to show he can
stay healthy. Love the player but cannot help the team when you are not dressing.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 11:43 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I don't understand why he would pick NY over us.

But it looks like its happening, and he might be picking off Dalton in primetime.

Well we kinda told him to walk.... I can see why he would pick NY over us. We essentially gave him the boot.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 01:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Dennard injury actually concerns me the most, dude needs to show he can
stay healthy. Love the player but cannot help the team when you are not dressing.

Dennard didn't have any durability issues until he hit the NFL. Kirkpatrick had similar issues but has stayed healthy as of late. I think Dennard will end up just fine.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 01:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Dennard didn't have any durability issues until he hit the NFL. Kirkpatrick had similar issues but has stayed healthy as of late. I think Dennard will end up just fine.

You are correct, thank you for this. I just have really high hopes for Dennard which is why i am frustrated.

I know it is high praise but the coaches said he reminded them of Leon Hall, he actually reminded me of Darrell Revis
with his hips and ability to turn on the ball and pick it off. I think Dennard could be great if he could stay healthy.

Much better than Kirkpatrick. Same with WJ3 who i think was a great pick. Too bad we won't see much of him this
year but i doubt we would of saw much of him anyways as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 11:31 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: That seems very flawed to me. Especially while living within the "entitlement generation".  

You act like it's easy to become a 1st round NFL pick.  If you want to talk entitlement you should look at the old man signing all those checks.

(08-04-2016, 01:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well we kinda told him to walk.... I can see why he would pick NY over us. We essentially gave him the boot.

That, and I think we as fans tend to erroneously lump the Bengals in with the Packers/Steelers/Patriots/Seahawks teams that are places people go for a chance at a ring.  Cincy just doesn't seem like one of those "go get a ring" places quite yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
OBJ could learn a lot about humility from Leon... doubt that he will though....
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 01:57 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: OBJ could learn a lot about humility from Leon... doubt that he will though....

Hey now, why isn't it called "swagger?"
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 01:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That, and I think we as fans tend to erroneously lump the Bengals in with the Packers/Steelers/Patriots/Seahawks teams that are places people go for a chance at a ring.  Cincy just doesn't seem like one of those "go get a ring" places quite yet.

Sure we are. We just have had too many injuries the last few years when the team was actually built to do it.

2013 - OL limped in, Atkins gone, Newman gone, Hall gone, Eifert gone, Burfict limping in, Huber gone, and a few other injuries.
2014 - I don't think I even need to go into it
2015 - I don't think I even need to go into it

In 2011 and 2012 the team was in rebuild mode.
Reply/Quote
Bengals haven't ruled out WJIII returning this season. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/04/william-jackson-to-have-surgery-could-return-for-bengals-later-in-season/
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 02:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bengals haven't ruled out WJIII returning this season. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/04/william-jackson-to-have-surgery-could-return-for-bengals-later-in-season/

I don't think there is really any reason to bring him back... If there is any risk of reinjury, best to just hold off till next year. He can focus on the mental side of the game his rookie year.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 02:18 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Sure we are. We just have had too many injuries the last few years when the team was actually built to do it.

2013 - OL limped in, Atkins gone, Newman gone, Hall gone, Eifert gone, Burfict limping in, Huber gone, and a few other injuries.
2014 - I don't think I even need to go into it
2015 - I don't think I even need to go into it

In 2011 and 2012 the team was in rebuild mode.

So Cincy is the place to "get excuses for not getting a ring when you go there to get a ring" or something?

Anyways, I get it...bad stuff happens and we've had some hard luck stories BUT I still don't think Cincy comes up in people's minds as a "take a cut to get a ring" locale.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 02:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bengals haven't ruled out WJIII returning this season. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/04/william-jackson-to-have-surgery-could-return-for-bengals-later-in-season/

Potentially playing Ogbuehi's role from last season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 03:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So Cincy is the place to "get excuses for not getting a ring when you go there to get a ring" or something?

Anyways, I get it...bad stuff happens and we've had some hard luck stories BUT I still don't think Cincy comes up in people's minds as a "take a cut to get a ring" locale.

The Bengals are good enough to get a ring. If we weren't so devastated by injuries the last few years we could have easily went deep into the playoffs. We have just been hit by the injury bug really hard the last few years, so hopefully all of our major guys don't get injured, or one position group doesn't get a lot of injuries.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 05:06 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Bengals are good enough to get a ring. If we weren't so devastated by injuries the last few years we could have easily went deep into the playoffs. We have just been hit by the injury bug really hard the last few years, so hopefully all of our major guys don't get injured, or one position group doesn't get a lot of injuries.

Or maybe... just maybe... hear me out now, because this might be a bit of a stretch....

Maybe it's because they have the worst coach in NFL Postseason history, bar none, have watched him lose 7 playoff games, win none, and refuse to move on?

Just throwing things against a wall and seeing what sticks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 05:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Or maybe... just maybe... hear me out now, because this might be a bit of a stretch....

Maybe it's because they have the worst coach in NFL Postseason history, bar none, have watched him lose 7 playoff games, win none, and refuse to move on?

Just throwing things against a wall and seeing what sticks.

I honestly feel bad for Lewis. Two years he made the playoffs he didn't have his starting QB, one year his whole offense was destroyed, two other years we backed into the playoffs with a team that didn't have a lot of talent on it, and another one where his kicker missed two short FGs that could have changed the game. He's probably one of the unluckiest coaches in the NFL when it comes to the health of his team in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 02:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hey now, why isn't it called "swagger?"

I liked Odell Beckham Jr. until he played against Norman last year.

That was just screwed up. You don't just hit the guy in the face mask play after play like that.

The refs and the coaches were all to blame but i don't blame Norman at all for the way he fought back that day.

OBJ was intimidated, dropped balls and wanted to fight instead of play football. OBJ needs to grow up.

Swagger is much different than this.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 01:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Well we kinda told him to walk.... I can see why he would pick NY over us. We essentially gave him the boot.

For what, being the rational ones by not signing someone fresh off back surgery?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 09:45 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: For what, being the rational ones by not signing someone fresh off back surgery?

I think we should have signed him, unless he was asking too much money.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 05:18 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I honestly feel bad for Lewis.

If you feel bad for Lewis your heart must absolutely break for all the NFL HC's who don't even get a dozen plus chances to do anything in the NFL.  Hell, Bruce Arians won a playoff game just one year after being forced to start Ryan flippin' Lindley at QB for a playoff game.  Cry Marvin Lewis a river!

I WILL say that I don't believe in luck or karma or any of that crap, but some Jets fan must have sold his soul to the devil for their 2009 playoff success because Shane Graham and Nate Kaeding combined to go 0-5 in FGs (4 of them under 40 yards and 2 of them under 30) against them.  A possible, if not probable 15 points left on the field against a team that won 2 playoff games by a total of 13 points.  Oof!

(08-04-2016, 08:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I liked Odell Beckham Jr. until he played against Norman last year.

That was just screwed up. You don't just hit the guy in the face mask play after play like that.

The refs and the coaches were all to blame but i don't blame Norman at all for the way he fought back that day.

OBJ was intimidated, dropped balls and wanted to fight instead of play football. OBJ needs to grow up.

Swagger is much different than this.

I guess I don't get it.  I recall some folks (not you...not sure) saying Pacman taking a rookie WR's helmet off and slamming his head into it after the play was over was "swagger" but OBJ hitting a guy in the face after the play is over is NOT swagger, it's just screwed up.  Wacky.
Reply/Quote