Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati sports is cursed
The bearcats blew a lead and lost. Scooter Gennett got injured and the Bengals will probably suck again. Cincinnati sports is cursed
Reply/Quote
More cheer from one of our favorite eternal optimists.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 06:56 PM)Trademark Wrote: The bearcats blew a lead and lost. Scooter Gennett got injured and the Bengals will probably suck again. Cincinnati sports is cursed

Well the Bengals go out in one, Bearcats usually the 2nd game. So it seems we're getting worse.
Reply/Quote
Is it a single sport or is it multiple sports?  If you are referring to more than one, the proper phrasing would be: Cincinnati sports ARE cursed.  Kentucky is a hell-hole degenerate area.  Perhaps it's loser-ocity leaches into the soil and causes Cincinnati to have no pride.  *Shrugs*
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 07:10 PM)Beaker Wrote: More cheer from one of our favorite eternal optimists.

He's a "realist".  Quite jovial fellow though.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 07:10 PM)Beaker Wrote: More cheer from one of our favorite eternal optimists.

Unfortunately sometimes the truth hurts... Sad
Reply/Quote
Maybe the head coach should have spent more time focusing on his opponent and less time talking in the media about OSU and "taking over Columbus".
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati sports isn’t cursed, just s****y coaching across the board when the going gets tough
Reply/Quote
Mick Cronin is Marvin Lewis. He can get you there but that's it. He does what he does and refuses to adapt. That stupid matchup zone can't defend the 3 but he won't come off it for anything. The only thing missing is, "We just have to play better." I knew when the bracket came out that we weren't beating Iowa, who is a bunch of 3 point shooters.

I feel like the Bengals have a new HC who won't be stuck in the 90's and therefore might give us a better chance in today's NFL and I'm hopeful about David Bell being an upgrade for the Reds.

The Bearcats have a massive upgrade in football, at least until some bigger program snatches him away. But as long as Cronin is here, the basketball program will be what it is. He just flat out refuses to recruit dead eye shooters and he always has. And it seems like he has a job here for life because he'll never get fired and no one will ever do us the favor of snatching him away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I’m a UF grad and Gator fan but the remainder of my family went to UC, so I’m a sidewalk fan.

I’m very disappointed in Cronin. Think UC should do better.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 12:35 PM)McC Wrote: Mick Cronin is Marvin Lewis. He can get you there but that's it. He does what he does and refuses to adapt. That stupid matchup zone can't defend the 3 but he won't come off it for anything. The only thing missing is, "We just have to play better." I knew when the bracket came out that we weren't beating Iowa, who is a bunch of 3 point shooters.

I feel like the Bengals have a new HC who won't be stuck in the 90's and therefore might give us a better chance in today's NFL and I'm hopeful about David Bell being an upgrade for the Reds.

The Bearcats have a massive upgrade in football, at least until some bigger program snatches him away. But as long as Cronin is here, the basketball program will be what it is. He just flat out refuses to recruit dead eye shooters and he always has. And it seems like he has a job here for life because he'll never get fired and no one will ever do us the favor of snatching him away.

(03-23-2019, 12:57 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m a UF grad and Gator fan but the remainder of my family went to UC, so I’m a sidewalk fan.

Agree with both of you. I was in the minority of UC fans who wanted Cronin fired after that debacle against Nevada at last years tournament. An absolutely inexcusable loss, but he retained his job and still shows he cannot/ will not adapt to win a game.

Mick needs to go if the UC basketball program is going to make any progress in March.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 12:57 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m a UF grad and Gator fan but the remainder of my family went to UC, so I’m a sidewalk fan.

What makes it extra frustrating is how, outside of this year, Xavier has that thing where they beat teams they probably shouldn't in the tournament and UC has that thing where they don't beat teams they probably should.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 06:20 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Is it a single sport or is it multiple sports?  If you are referring to more than one, the proper phrasing would be: Cincinnati sports ARE cursed.  Kentucky is a hell-hole degenerate area.  Perhaps it's loser-ocity leaches into the soil and causes Cincinnati to have no pride.  *Shrugs*

As someone who lives in Kentucky (Lexington) I don't think of myself as a degenerate. I, and many of my Kentucky friends and relatives, are loyal to Cincinnati sports teams. I'd like to see how those teams would do without the support of Kentuckians.  Mad
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 01:34 PM)BengalRed Wrote: As someone who lives in Kentucky (Lexington) I don't think of myself as a degenerate. I, and many of my Kentucky friends and relatives, are loyal to Cincinnati sports teams. I'd like to see how those teams would do without the support of Kentuckians.  Mad

The Bengals are Kentucky's team... The Browns own Ohio.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 01:45 PM)jason Wrote: The Bengals are Kentucky's team... The Browns own Ohio.

Kentucky Bengals. I like it.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
At least the Bengals have a picture of a chubby guy with two guys laughing and pointing in the background to represent the best in data anylitics now! If that doesn't inspire confidence nothing will..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 01:45 PM)jason Wrote: The Bengals are Kentucky's team... The Browns own Ohio.

Have you forgotten about the Sinclaire Community College Tartans? They're in Ohio too! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 09:38 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Unfortunately sometimes the truth hurts... Sad

Except that there is zero truth (or logic) to his post, it's simply pessimism.
Reply/Quote
Because we’ve never seen this thread before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 02:25 PM)Beaker Wrote: Except that there is zero truth (or logic) to his post, it's simply pessimism.

If you have a stock that lost money for 27 years in a row would you bank on that stock succeeding the 28th year? To the point where you praised every move?

The Bengals are a true outlier in the league as EVERY TEAM has won a playoff game since we last did. Most teams have won 5+ over that span.
Reply/Quote