Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City in Virginia cracking down on swearing
Are they great authors only because they used swear words?
(06-19-2015, 02:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The reason your not supposed to swear is because you sound like an uneducated moron when you use that language.   Yeah the words mean what they mean.... But it's a low class, uneducated, style of speaking.  

Steve Jobs swore like a sailor.

Thanks for proving again how clueless you are.
(06-22-2015, 05:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Are they great authors only because they used swear words?

What would ever give you that idea?

Oh, wait, I forgot about your problems with reading comprehension.  Let me explain it so that you can understand.

Some great authors use swear words, but not all great authors use them.
(06-22-2015, 05:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Steve Jobs swore like a sailor.

Steve Jobs dropped out of College after one semester.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-22-2015, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Steve Jobs dropped out of College after one semester.

He must have been really stupid then...

[Image: 322013111241.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-22-2015, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Steve Jobs dropped out of College after one semester.

Yeah a fact fred likes to omit. After all he can't let facts get in the way of his story .
(06-22-2015, 05:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Steve Jobs swore like a sailor.

I once had someone argue that Steve Jobs didn't smile a lot...so that meant he was better and whatever he did.

Seriously.

I posted picture after picture of him smiling and having a good time until they gave up.
(06-22-2015, 05:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: He must have been really stupid then...

[Image: 322013111241.gif]

No he was absolutely brilliant. Where did I say he was stupid.

Just thought he might not be the best example to rebuke the "uneducated" stance.

(06-22-2015, 05:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What would ever give you that idea?

Oh, wait, I forgot about your problems with reading comprehension.  Let me explain it so that you can understand.

Some great authors use swear words, but not all great authors use them.

So swearing isn't necessary for success or greatness.... Thanks for making my point.
(06-22-2015, 05:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So swearing isn't necessary for success or greatness....  Thanks for making my point.

Nor is it an impediment....

(06-22-2015, 05:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nor is it an impediment....

Never said it was.... Fred was advocating their greatness was due to swearing. And that was a contributing factor to their success.

Even though it's pointless to discuss anyone who uses swearing in any form of art .... It matters how they conduct themselves in their personal life. Big difference for comedians, artists, and author's and other such invoved those entertainment fields.
(06-22-2015, 05:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So swearing isn't necessary for success or greatness....  Thanks for making my point.

You never even tried to make that point.
(06-22-2015, 05:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No he was absolutely brilliant. Where did I say he was stupid.

Just thought he might not be the best example to rebuke the "uneducated" stance.

So you think Steve Jobs was low class and never educated himself on any issues after he left college?

You think it is impossible to gain any sort of education on any subject without going to college?
(06-22-2015, 05:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Never said it was....  Fred was advocating their greatness was due to swearing.  

I never said that at all.  That is just a strawman argument you invented because you have no legitimate answer to what I really said. 
(06-22-2015, 05:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No he was absolutely brilliant. Where did I say he was stupid.

How does Steve Jobs rebuke the low class, uneducated, limited vocabulary stereotype?
(06-22-2015, 05:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Never said it was....  Fred was advocating their greatness was due to swearing.   And that was a contributing factor to their success.    

Even though it's pointless to discuss anyone who uses swearing in any form of art ....  It matters how they conduct themselves in their personal life.   Big difference for comedians, artists, and author's and other such invoved those entertainment fields.

He wrote some great authors use profanity. He never claimed their greatness was due to profanity.
(06-22-2015, 06:16 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How does Steve Jobs rebuke the low class, uneducated, limited vocabulary stereotype?

Don't ask me; ask Fred.

(06-22-2015, 06:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you think Steve Jobs was low class and never educated himself on any issues after he left college?

You think it is impossible to gain any sort of education on any subject without going to college?

"Strawman arguement!!!!"

I didn't say any of that. It's just that I would have used someone other than somebody that dropped out of College after 1 semester to rebuke the uneducated assertion. But we're just different like that.

(06-22-2015, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't ask me; ask Fred.

No need. You answered my question with your lack of an answer.
(06-22-2015, 06:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He wrote some great authors use profanity. He never claimed their greatness was due to profanity.

And it's been proven over and over here in this thread that swearing for entertainment is not swearing in Real life.

So yes in fantasy land it's ok to swear. Also ok to murder in fantay land as well.

Unfortunately for you both this is a discussion of real life not fantasy land.