Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City in Virginia cracking down on swearing
(06-20-2015, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What does this have to do with the OP?

Adding it to the list of things you're never to young to start.
(06-20-2015, 10:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Really?  You insinuated Fred is lazy or stupid.

I was unaware "your" language skills are beyond reproach while you comment on other's language skills?  

lol comical.
(06-20-2015, 10:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lots of savages then.   No rule of law.  Until he came Wink

The Middle East is one of the places you claim doesn't have the "rule of law."
(06-20-2015, 10:56 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Adding it to the list of things you're never to young to start.

Assuming you meant too "x infinity". 

My bad, I didn't realize we were making a list. I thought we were talking about swearing. 

But to show I can adapt:

You are never too young to start saving 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-20-2015, 10:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The Middle East is one of the places you claim doesn't have the "rule of law."

No rule of law. Corrupt governments, they slay factions of people who aren't muslims or believe in a western civil society. They treat women and children like sex slaves. Often buying and selling them.

So no they don't have the rule of law. They are not a civilized society.

What does this have to do with swearing?
(06-20-2015, 11:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No rule of law.  Corrupt governments, they slay factions of people who aren't muslims or believe in a western civil society.   They treat women and children like sex slaves.   Often buying and selling them.    

So no they don't have the rule of law.   They are not a civilized society.  

What does this have to do with swearing?

They don't allow swearing either.

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-20-2015, 11:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: They don't allow swearing either.

ThumbsUp

Fair point. But I never said I supported that... I do think businesses can hold that standard of they choose.

I have only stated that I don't swear nor do I see a point in doing.
(06-20-2015, 11:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Assuming you meant too "x infinity". 

My bad, I didn't realize we were making a list. I thought we were talking about swearing. 

But to show I can adapt:

You are never too young to start saving 

Checking it twice, too.  Wink

Tell me, was I the one who started criticizing and insulting other's language skills?
(06-20-2015, 11:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No rule of law.  Corrupt governments, they slay factions of people who aren't muslims or believe in a western civil society.   They treat women and children like sex slaves.   Often buying and selling them.    

So no they don't have the rule of law.   They are not a civilized society.  
And according to you everyone who grows up in the Middle East is a savage. Everyone.

Quote:What does this have to do with swearing?

Read the thread.
(06-20-2015, 11:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Fair point.   But I never said I supported that... I do think businesses can hold that standard of they choose.    

I have only stated that I don't swear nor do I see a point in doing.

. . . and that those who do are low class, uneducated, unintelligent, lazy, and have a limited vocabulary.
(06-20-2015, 11:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: . . . and that those who do are low class, uneducated, unintelligent, lazy, and have a limited vocabulary.

How you want to label them is your business.
(06-20-2015, 08:07 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I suppose after reading that you incorrectly thought if we used her rules for swearing the more inflammatory language we use the better.

Making broad derogatory generalizations about a group of people based upon their race is racism. Racism is obscene and inflammatory. I would much rather have my child exposed to  the occasional f bomb than racist remarks. What is really sad is several different people have told you the same thing and you're still oblivious and continue your rationalizations.

ThumbsUp

Don't let the racist homophobe get you all 'worked up'
(06-20-2015, 10:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not one personal attack in there.....  

And btw i am on my phone and its autocorrects..  

Besides if your down to grammar errors then you have nothing to add.

A phone won't autocorrect you're to your.
If you spell it correctly, and forget the apostrophe, it will add it for you.  It will not drop the 'e'.
(06-21-2015, 11:20 AM)Harmening Wrote: A phone won't autocorrect you're to your.
If you spell it correctly, and forget the apostrophe, it will add it for you.  It will not drop the 'e'.

(Yesterday, 09:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  
"Not one personal attack in there.....  

And btw i am on my phone and its autocorrects..  "

His autocorrect doesn't autocorrect "i" to "I" either.

He must have bought an iFone instead of an iPhone.
(06-20-2015, 07:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So all it takes are a few f-bombs to convince you someone is the next JD Salinger, or something?

Silly strawman argument.

Proof that you do not have any real argument.
(06-21-2015, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Silly strawman argument.

Proof that you do not have any real argument.

You do realize you calling arguments "strawman arguments" has become the ultimate strawman argument, don't you?
(06-21-2015, 02:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You do realize you calling arguments "strawman arguments" has become the ultimate strawman argument, don't you?

Then you don 't know what the term "strawman" means.

I will continue to call them out whenever I see them.  And I fully understand why that bothers you so much.  Personally i do not have to pretend people said things they did not ion order to win an argument.
(06-21-2015, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you don 't know what the term "strawman" means.

I will continue to call them out whenever I see them.  And I fully understand why that bothers you so much.  Personally i do not have to pretend people said things they did not ion order to win an argument.

I know a bit about misdirection and projection, too.  Still, I don't think arguing with someone with your level of confidence is particularly productive.

Oh nuts to it. Please explain how my argument falls under the umbrella of "strawman." Educate me, oh wise one!
(06-21-2015, 04:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote:   Please explain how my argument falls under the umbrella of "strawman."  Educate me, oh wise one!

I said that some of the greatest authors in history use swear words.

You claimed I said that all it takes is a few F-bombs to make me think an author is great.

Those two comments are not even close to the same.  You had to claim I said something I did not to make me look bad.  That is the classic definition of a strawman argument.
(06-17-2015, 10:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What the hell??

Oh, that's right.  Father Fred knows best for everyone...  LOL

Because I OPPOSE a law that limits the freedom of an individual?

It is sad that you just automatically attack me without even thinking that I am taking a position you usually agree with.