Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City in Virginia cracking down on swearing
Can't say I'm surprised. This group has given their opinion on Potty mouths before.

You are never too young to start cussing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-20-2015, 01:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Swear words are used to add emphasis and/or impact.  

If you don't use them then that means you have a more limited vocabulary. 

The greatest authors use swear words.  Funny that people claim they are smart by not using them

So all it takes are a few f-bombs to convince you someone is the next JD Salinger, or something?
(06-20-2015, 06:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I find it hilarious that some actually think it's reasonable to swear in conversations of any seriousness .  

I guess I just choose to conduct myself in a more respectful way.    

I am pretty happy that it surprises people when they hear me swear.

You're certainly no savage.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-19-2015, 02:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's funny considering people get hung up on which words we use and which we don't....  

The reason your not supposed to swear is because you sound like an uneducated moron when you use that language.   Yeah the words mean what they mean.... But it's a low class, uneducated, style of speaking.  

We shouldn't be limiting it as government. But its ok for a business to limit.

You're consistently using "your" incorrectly which is indicative of your level of intelligence and education.  Funny you should comment on other's intelligence or command of the English language.

The bolded portion is another of your ridiculous stereotypes. I'll add it to the growing list.
(06-20-2015, 03:40 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Have you ever seen me swear on these boards?  Or make any personal attacks towards anyone?

You know why you haven't seen that..... Because I have proper manners.

Declaring everyone in Central America, South America, and Africa are savages is ignorant. Supporting government prohibition of same sex marriages based upon your religion is discriminatory. Claiming blacks as a whole are less tolerant of others based upon sexual orientation is racist.

Good manners are worthless without good values.
It's Potty Mouth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyNC4bMd2CY
(06-20-2015, 12:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but most people drop the F-bomb when they are NOT escaping from Alcatraz (or whatever that movie is about).  I personally say fudge and figs and "oh shrimp" because it's funnier and people are so used to hearing these "taboo" words that saying the censored versions gets more of a reaction.

Now in the times I've actually been in danger and swore in reaction without thinking (a car recently ran a red light while I was crossing a busy road and almost tagged me) my unconscious go-to statement was revealed to be "Jesus f***ing Christ!" despite the fact that I don't normally swear nor do I believe Jesus was a divine being.  Another time I dropped the f-bomb (and I do so when I'm around my friends and it fits the situation, honestly) without thinking involves people aggressively encroaching upon me wherein I consistently and without thinking yell "Get your f***-ing hands off me."  SO, I use it, but when I have the foresight to choose what I say, I tend not to.

I don't intentionally cuss in front of my family or at my current job like I did when I was in the Ranger Regiment. There is a time and a place. Someone asked why do you swear and I answered the question. That does not mean every other word out of my mouth is a curse word.  

People who can't use your or you're in a sentence correctly have no business criticizing the language skills of others.
(06-20-2015, 10:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Declaring everyone in Central America, South America, and Africa are savages is ignorant. Supporting government prohibition of same sex marriages based upon your religion is discriminatory. Claiming blacks as a whole are less tolerant of others based upon sexual orientation is racist.

Good manners are worthless without good values.

Why are you continually trying to shove all threads into this one.... The only thing you have not mentioned is whether Santa claus is real.

Go and live somewhere there is no rule of law.
(06-20-2015, 06:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I find it hilarious that some actually think it's reasonable to swear in conversations of any seriousness .  

I guess I just choose to conduct myself in a more respectful way.    

I am pretty happy that it surprises people when they hear me swear.

Who wrote any conversation?

It's really respectful calling every individual from two continents savages. Nelson Mandela = savage. Your respectfulness is exceeded only by your intellect.

I thought you didn't use the crutch of swearing?
(06-20-2015, 10:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why are you continually trying to shove all threads into this one....  The only thing you have not mentioned is whether Santa claus is real.  

Which countries have no laws?

Rolleyes
(06-20-2015, 06:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you can't achieve the same emphasis or inpact with non swear words?

If you can't then you should do some crosswords and work on that vocabulary..... That or your just lazy in your speech.   It's probably the latter since your an educated man.

"you're" x infinity

Is that last paragraph a personal attack?  Couldn't be because you don't do that.

Wink
(06-20-2015, 06:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can't say I'm surprised. This group has given their opinion on Potty mouths before.

You are never too young to start cussing.

Or discriminating against others based upon your religion.
(06-20-2015, 10:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Which countries have no laws?

Rolleyes

You mean the ones who don't enforce laws, take bribes, allow gangs, cartels to run over normal citizens..... Yeah the ones I mentioned.
(06-20-2015, 10:38 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: "you're" x infinity

Is that last paragraph a personal attack?  Couldn't be because you don't do that.

Wink

Not one personal attack in there.....

And btw i am on my phone and its autocorrects..

Besides if your down to grammar errors then you have nothing to add.
(06-20-2015, 10:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why are you continually trying to shove all threads into this one....  The only thing you have not mentioned is whether Santa claus is real.  

Jesus grew up in the Middle East. According to your reasoning he is a savage.
(06-20-2015, 10:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not one personal attack in there.....  

And btw i am on my phone and its autocorrects..  

Besides if your down to grammar errors then you have nothing to add.

Really?  You insinuated Fred is lazy or stupid.

I was unaware "your" language skills are beyond reproach while you comment on other's language skills?  
(06-20-2015, 10:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Or discriminating against others based upon your religion.

What does this have to do with the OP?

(06-20-2015, 10:45 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Jesus grew up in the Middle East. According to your reasoning he is a savage.

Lots of savages then. No rule of law. Until he came Wink
(06-20-2015, 10:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You mean the ones who don't enforce laws, take bribes, allow gangs, cartels to run over normal citizens.....   Yeah the ones I mentioned.

You mean America?
(06-20-2015, 10:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why are you continually trying to shove all threads into this one....  

It is admitting that "I have nothing for this post, so I am going to bring up other stuff".