Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Clean House
I sure hope sooner rather than later we get to see Zac shown the door. He can take Turner, Anarumo and the other clowns with him. Sticking with a pathetic offensive line after a pathetic start to the season, all the money spent in free agency on defense and a pathetic start. Dude has more excuses than hours in a day. Hit the road clown and take your puppets with you
Reply/Quote
In 2000, Bill Belichick ended his first season of coaching the New England Patriots with a 5-11 record.
In 2001, the Patriots started 0-2 (one of those losses to the Bengals, BTW) but went on to finish 11-5 and Bill Belichick went on to be one of the greatest coaches in NFL history.

Now, is Zac going to have the same career trajectory? I very highly doubt it. However, can you imagine how STUPID it would've been for the Patriots to show Belichick the door after starting 0-2 in his 2nd season?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dead Horse
Reply/Quote
It's 2 games, son. Relax.
Reply/Quote
:paul:
Reply/Quote
Yesterday, my wife and I cleaned house.

It felt really good to finally have clean kitchen and clean living room.

Today we're going to continue to clean house. I'm going to clean bathroom while she cleans dining room.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 09:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: In 2000, Bill Belichick ended his first season of coaching the New England Patriots with a 5-11 record.
In 2001, the Patriots started 0-2 (one of those losses to the Bengals, BTW) but went on to finish 11-5 and Bill Belichick went on to be one of the greatest coaches in NFL history.

Now, is Zac going to have the same career trajectory? I very highly doubt it. However, can you imagine how STUPID it would've been for the Patriots to show Belichick the door after starting 0-2 in his 2nd season?

In 1994, Bill Belichick won a postseason game as HC with the Browns.
In 1997, Bill Belichick was the DC for the 6th scoring defense.
In 1998, Bill Belichick was the DC for the 2nd scoring defense.
In 1999, Bill Belichick was the DC for the 9th scoring defense.

- - - - -

In 2015 Zac Taylor was the interm OC for the 27th scoring offense.
In 2016 Zac Taylor was the OC for the 123rd out of 128 scoring offense in college.

Zac Taylor has never had success running an offense at any level. His main claim to fame is briefly working for Sean McVay. He was the ASSISTANT wide receivers coach in 2017 for the Rams, and then he was the QB coach in 2018 for a QB who in 2017 had already posted a 100.5 QB Rating and went to the Pro Bowl.

Zac Taylor seems like a nice guy, but has never run a successful offense before, got promoted too fast, and he's in WAY over his head.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 10:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: In 1994, Bill Belichick won a postseason game as HC with the Browns.
In 1997, Bill Belichick was the DC for the 6th scoring defense.
In 1998, Bill Belichick was the DC for the 2nd scoring defense.
In 1999, Bill Belichick was the DC for the 9th scoring defense.

- - - - -

In 2015 Zac Taylor was the interm OC for the 27th scoring offense.
In 2016 Zac Taylor was the OC for the 123rd out of 128 scoring offense in college.

Zac Taylor has never had success running an offense at any level. His main claim to fame is briefly working for Sean McVay. He was the ASSISTANT wide receivers coach in 2017 for the Rams, and then he was the QB coach in 2018 for a QB who in 2017 had already posted a 100.5 QB Rating and went to the Pro Bowl.

Zac Taylor seems like a nice guy, but has never run a successful offense before, got promoted too fast, and he's in WAY over his head.

Bill Walsh. Great OC prior to becoming HC, right?
First year as HC 2-14
2nd year as HC 6-10 (though they started the 2nd year 3-0 after the first 3 games)

Guess San Fran should've jettisoned him after their 2nd season, no?

Zac Taylor may or may not be in over his head. So far, the best you can say about him is that the team still played hard for him last year in  week 17 and that we don't lose by a lot of points. That doesn't mean he won't figure it out and become better than Bill Walsh or Bill Belichick  (doesn't mean he will, either, I know) .

The point being anyone who says we should just let him go NOW is, at best, short-sighted and, more likely, just plain dumb.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 10:07 AM)higgy100 Wrote: It's 2 games, son. Relax.

It's 18 games.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 10:41 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's 18 games.

You're obtuse. Last year has nothing to do with this year, a new QB and basically a made-up training camp with no pre-season.Take a bad call away 2 weeks ago and this team is 1-1. You still beetching away then?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 10:43 AM)higgy100 Wrote: You're obtuse. Last year has nothing to do with this year, a new QB and basically a made-up training camp with no pre-season.Take a bad call away 2 weeks ago and this team is 1-1. You still beetching away then?

The OP is talking about the performance of the staff and his opinion that they need to go.  One would assume this opinion is shaped by 18 games of results, and the totality of their tenure.

Last year and this year have everything to do with someone's opinion of Zac Taylor and his staff.  Just because we're in a new season, with new circumstances (and excuses) that doesn't mean last year is removed from them shaping their opinion.

Zac Taylor has had 18 games as head coach.  That is what is relevant to the discussion.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 09:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: In 2000, Bill Belichick ended his first season of coaching the New England Patriots with a 5-11 record.

Wow, having the guts to compare Zac with Bill "ringo" Belichick.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 11:01 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Wow, having the guts to compare Zac with Bill "ringo" Belichick.   Ninja

If it's one thing I have, it's guts. Lots of guts. Too much guts. I gotta get rid of these guts. It's getting messy in my basement.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
2 games. You have the mental fragility of John Ross.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 11:08 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: 2 games. You have the mental fragility of John Ross.

Zac Taylor has only been coach for 2 games?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 10:40 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Bill Walsh. Great OC prior to becoming HC, right?
First year as HC 2-14
2nd year as HC 6-10 (though they started the 2nd year 3-0 after the first 3 games)

Zac Taylor may or may not be in over his head. So far, the best you can say about him is that the team still played hard for him last year in  week 17 and that we don't lose by a lot of points. That doesn't mean he won't figure it out and become better than Bill Walsh or Bill Belichick  (doesn't mean he will, either, I know) .

The point being anyone who says we should just let him go NOW is, at best, short-sighted and, more likely, just plain dumb.

It would have been nice if Paul got along with Bill. We might be looking at a different history right now.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 11:18 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Zac Taylor has only been coach for 2 games?

Actually it is 0 games.  This year doesn't count either. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 11:18 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Zac Taylor has only been coach for 2 games?

OP was about the pathetic start to the season, which has had 2 games. So yes, Zac has only been coach for 2 games in 2020.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 10:40 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Bill Walsh. Great OC prior to becoming HC, right?
First year as HC 2-14

Bill Walsh, who in the two years before getting the 49ers job ('77 and '78) won two bowl games as the HC of Stanford? Also had Stanford finished ranked in the teens in the AP polls both years. Even though Stanford hadn't been to a bowl game OR finish ranked any of the 5 years prior?

You're trying to compare guys who had success prior to their jobs against Zac Taylor, who simply hasn't had success anywhere. Taylor has NO time in his coaching history where he can point and go "see, I can do this, I know what I am doing" like the two examples you've tried to make.

- - - - - - - - -
Anyone who tries to compare Zac Taylor to Bill Belichick and Bill Walsh is, at best, short-sighted and, more likely, just plain dumb.  Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 10:43 AM)higgy100 Wrote: You're obtuse. Last year has nothing to do with this year, a new QB and basically a made-up training camp with no pre-season. Take a bad call away 2 weeks ago and this team is 1-1. You still beetching away then?

I still don't know what you guys are smoking, that was textbook OPI.
Reply/Quote