Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Clean House
Maybe he is a decent head coach. If he wants to keep his job maybe he needs to give play calling duties to Callahan.
Reply/Quote
It is a rebuild.. like it or not.. Burrow and Taylor are tied together for 3 years.. Burrow has shown signs of a good future QB and as a whole Taylor draft picks have looked decent overall so far.. we are going to have to rebuild in draft.. FA do not work well with rebuilds
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:45 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This is pretty hyperbolic. All three games have been close. We are in the middle of a rebuild with a rookie QB and a bad offensive line. We have a lot of good pieces on this team and a long season in front of us.

Ben Baby

@Ben_Baby

From @ESPNStatsInfo, via Elias: The Bengals have tied the longest winless streak in one-score games in NFL history (15). They've matched the 1938-41 Chicago Cardinals
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Ben Baby

@Ben_Baby

From @ESPNStatsInfo, via Elias: The Bengals have tied the longest winless streak in one-score games in NFL history (15). They've matched the 1938-41 Chicago Cardinals

There's the Bengals we all know and love. Setting records for futility like it's going out of style. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Ben Baby

@Ben_Baby

It's always a good sign when you're matching (breaking?) records that have been in place since FDR was in office.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It is a rebuild.. like it or not.. Burrow and Taylor are tied together for 3 years.. Burrow has shown signs of a good future QB and as a whole Taylor draft picks have looked decent overall so far.. we are going to have to rebuild in draft.. FA do not work well with rebuilds

Until they learn to evaluate talent on the O-line they will continue to fail, or talent in general. Through the history of the organization they have 1 Hall of Famer. The family that runs this time is incompetent and has no knowledge of football. Paul Brown must be rolling in his grave watching his family be so clueless.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Maybe he is a decent head coach. If he wants to keep his job maybe he needs to give play calling duties to Callahan.

The play calling was just fine, it was the execution that underwhelmed.  Two drive killing penalties on plays (Higgins getting shoved out of bounds and being the first to touch ball, and Price with a hold on a play that Joe made chicken salad out of chicken squat) that would have been 1st downs didn't help much, either.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 10:09 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: If they show improvement this year, I'd probably give them one more year.

Take Lou for example he knew his linebackers would be weak this year and have growing pains, so he tried to stack the D-line and help improve the secondary.

But when your down 4 interior defensive lineman (Daniels, Wren, Tupou, Atkins) and your CB (Waynes), you have to rely on your other players to step-up and when those players are the linebackers that you knew were going to have a lot of growing pains and your playing Cleveland that has one of the best one-two punches at RB in the last decade in Hunt and Chubb on a short week, that team is more then likely gonna run it down your throat.

Regardless of whether your defensive coordinator is Lou or Tom Landry.

Again they have to improve, but I'm going to be reasonable about it.

The offensive line needs to improve they allowed Joe Burrow to have 2.4 seconds a throw against the Browns, I'd like to see that around 3.0 to 3.2.

I generally don't like firing during mid-season unless it's just a complete cluster. 

If they get 6-8 wins they'll probably be back.

6 to 8 wins? are you serious after watching that OLine and D get carved up on run again? Are we forgetting we play Steelers 2X, Ravens 2x and The Browns again? thats 5 more losses putting them at 7 losses for sure.

Whats the over under in Burrow making it past game 6 without an injury? I was sweating it watching weenie arm Finely go in after Burrow looked like he got whiplash. Its just a matter of time before its lights out. The fact that Zack Taylor thought he had a good O line coming into this yr shows that he is as bad as evaluating talent as Duke Tobin.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:38 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: That last series for the eagles in the 4th quarter was gift wrapped to them by the refs. Absolutely horse shit calls. I’m not blaming the tie on that cuz we certainly could’ve played better. Those calls to keep the other team in the game is all too familiar

You are indeed the first person to point this out; Wentz's 3rd down run to get the FD, Reader had his arms in the air to show he was held.

Then the TD run, Dunlap is about to sack Wentz, misses him, then tries to spin around (and he would've sacked him there, he was right in front of him) but is held and there's no call. Just absolute horse shit indeed.

***and just now in the Cowboys game; Olsen did the EXACT same thing as Higgins, (getting pushed out, then coming back in to catch), but here they never mentioned that, "Wilson was out of the pocket, so that wouldn't count," like they did in our game.

Just ridiculous.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
With even mediocre pass protection we are 2-1 or even 3-0. Switch up the scheme now and address it in the draft and free agency. Firing everyone each season worked so well in Cleveland. Perpetual rebuilding mode isn't the way to build a franchise.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
The Bengals had the ball with a chance to put it away and settled for a FG. Good teams, winning teams put the ball in the endzone. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Bengals had the ball with a chance to put it away and settled for a FG. Good teams, winning teams put the ball in the endzone. 

Couldn't have said it better. The calls down the stretch were bad for sure but a td there and the shitty officiating is moot. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:31 PM)Cicero Wrote: Couldn't have said it better. The calls down the stretch were bad for sure but a td there and the shitty officiating is moot. 

They played for the tie and got the tie. When you have a chance to put it out of reach you have to do it. When I saw the field goal to go up by 7, I saw it coming.  
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:45 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Taylor only got the HC job because he knew Mcvay, and was the QB coach for the Rams. He had no right being hired as the HC, it shows how stupid the Bengals front office is. Mike brown knows nothing about the game of football. It's only money to him

You sir are correct
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:36 PM)Destro Wrote: Once you are done blaming it on coordinators, only the head coach is left to blame. 
I'm blaming it on the HC, both coordinators and a woefully incompetent Oline coach.

My comment you referenced was to somebody who said coordinators aren't replaced during the season...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:45 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Taylor only got the HC job because he knew Mcvay, and was the QB coach for the Rams. He had no right being hired as the HC, it shows how stupid the Bengals front office is. Mike brown knows nothing about the game of football. It's only money to him
Mike Brown didn't hire ZT. Katie & Hubby and Tobin hired him...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:09 PM)Cicero Wrote: With even mediocre pass protection we are 2-1 or even 3-0. Switch up the scheme now and address it in the draft and free agency. Firing everyone each season worked so well in Cleveland. Perpetual rebuilding mode isn't the way to build a franchise.
It will eventually work once they hit on competent coaching personnel...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote