Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland Indians will remove Chief Wahoo logo from their uniforms
(01-31-2018, 10:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, one is more widespread. Some would say it makes it worse. 

Neither was offensive. Both have different levels of being in poor taste.

When I go on vacation we aren’t stopping at the Coon chicken inn. I realize it must be a stop for you but it’s not for us. We also don’t watch Indians baseball. Mainly because it’s Cleveland, it’s certainly not because they use a cartoon Indian logo in their teams colors.
(01-31-2018, 11:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Neither was offensive.   

lulz
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-31-2018, 11:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:
Neither was offensive.
  Both have different levels of being in poor taste.  

When I go on vacation we aren’t stopping at the Coon chicken inn.   I realize it must be a stop for you but it’s not for us.   We also don’t watch Indians baseball.   Mainly because it’s Cleveland, it’s certainly not because they use a cartoon Indian logo in their teams colors.

Mellow

All seriousness aside I entered this into the "I'm not a...." Translator © 2016 Trump Edition.

It spit out:

"I'm not offended so no one should be unless they are overly sensitive to racial stereotypes that I don't care about and find 'funny."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-31-2018, 07:15 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Pretty sure that would offend vegans, and some vegetarians.

Pfft, what are they going to do about it? Dietary preference isn't a protected class.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-01-2018, 09:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

All seriousness aside I entered this into the "I'm not a...." Translator © 2016 Trump Edition.

It spit out:

"I'm not offended so no one should be unless they are overly sensitive to racial stereotypes that I don't care about and find 'funny."

Why be offended? It’s a cartoon. No one forced you to wear the gear or go eat at pat’s favorite restaurant.

Life is entirely too short to be bothered by this petty stuff. When you have time to be offended at a baseball teams cartoon mascots then it’s time to find a hobby or learn a new skill.
(02-01-2018, 07:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why be offended?  It’s a cartoon.   No one forced you to wear the gear or go eat at pat’s favorite restaurant.    

Life is entirely too short to be bothered by this petty stuff.   When you have time to be offended at a baseball teams cartoon mascots then it’s time to find a hobby or learn a new skill.

But that would require people to put their phones down and get off their ever widening rear ends.
Can someone just tell me if I should be offended....and, if so, how offended should I be?
--------------------------------------------------------

(02-02-2018, 05:22 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Can someone just tell me if I should be offended....and, if so, how offended should I be?

First we need some key information.  1.  Are you  Native American?  2.  If not, are you a another minority in this country?  3. Are you a white man?  

I think the answers to these questions will determine how offended you will be.