Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland Trades 2nd Pick to Philly
Quote:The Eagles are going to be able to get a quarterback.

They just have to wait to see which one they get.

The team announced they had traded with the Browns for the second overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, guaranteeing them a shot at either Jared Goff or Carson Wentz, depending on who the Rams want at No. 1.

The Eagles will give up their first-round pick (eighth overall), their third (77th) and fourth (100th), along with their 2017 first-rounder and their 2018 second-rounder. They will get the Browns’ fourth-rounder this year as well as the second pick.

It creates an immediate logjam, after they signed Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel in free agency, but gives them the shot at a franchise quarterback which owner Jeff Lurie so clearly wanted.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/20/eagles-trade-for-no-2-overall-pick-in-2016-nfl-draft/
Reply/Quote
Would have preferred to see the Browns botch the #2 overall. This just spreads the carnage out across a greater number of poor kids.

Sad really.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Hue is gonna roll with RGIII, unless he wants to come off that 8th pick for AJM
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 03:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like Hue is gonna roll with RGIII, unless he wants to come off that 8th pick for AJM

Boy, could we ever go for that, gonna be some really good players on both sides of the ball available in that slot!
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 03:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like Hue is gonna roll with RGIII, unless he wants to come off that 8th pick for AJM

Or he uses it on Paxton Lynch.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 04:45 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Or he uses it on Paxton Lynch.

im thinking a bit high for Lynch but you never know
Reply/Quote
I think Hue is stockpiling picks because he knows his team has little talent on either side of the ball and needs a major restocking.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him trade back yet again if the offer looks okay.
Reply/Quote
If the Browns play their cards right they can make like the Rams in 2012 and trade down to amass enough picks to build a team that is obviously being dragged down by not having a QB and then trade a billion picks to trade up to get a QB!
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 05:34 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think Hue is stockpiling picks because he knows his team has little talent on either side of the ball and needs a major restocking.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him trade back yet again if the offer looks okay.

I doubt Hue is the one making these decisions.
Reply/Quote
Besides the Browns .This would be monumental for a franchise. But once again they will prolly "screw the pooch".
Reply/Quote
Amazing. Browns now have 6 picks in the top 100 so i like the move for them. Easy to see that they aren't a fan of the top 2 QBs. Which is understandable as Wentz has a lot of question marks and that team has a lot of holes that they can try to start filling now. 2 1st rounders next year (both could easily be top 10 picks) will put them in a great spot to grab a QB that they might actually like.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Browns just got better without even making a pick yet!

This is scary for the AFC North. The Browns in the next couple of years are going to be contenders if they make the right picks and right moves in FA.

With the Browns moving down and picking up a 3rd and 4th this year, while it won't make them a winning team, they will be better.

Then, with the Eagles most likely picking a QB with the number 2 overall pick, they won't be having a winning season either. The Browns next year may have two top 10 picks next year, lol.

After that, they will be contenders in the AFC North while Pittsburgh drops to last, lol.

Pure speculation since its the Browns but I think Hue will be what that franchise has needed for so many years.
Reply/Quote
At least until the Browns fire Jackson after two seasons with 8 wins or less.

That organization has no concept of what a "rebuild" period is. They are all about instant gratification.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 09:36 PM)Big Boss Wrote: At least until the Browns fire Jackson after two seasons with 8 wins or less.

That organization has no concept of what a "rebuild" period is.  They are all about instant gratification.

Please name a single Browns HC and QB in the past decade or so you'd have stuck with for a long haul.  The Browns do have a lot of turnover, but I don't think giving Manziel, Weeden, McCoy or any of their latest HC's a decade to work things out would have led anywhere good.
Reply/Quote
Very good for the Browns. I don't hate them, only when playing the Bengals. I have to tell you, Hue will mess this up. He sucks more than most realize. IMO, he's a dumbass.

Reply/Quote

I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop back another 3-5 spots, pick up Paxton Lynch. I think in a few years, he's going to be very good. And if they can pick up another first round pick for next year, Hue can get a couple very nice pieces to put around a QB until it's apparent that RGIII isn't going to be a starter.

(04-20-2016, 09:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Please name a single Browns HC and QB in the past decade or so you'd have stuck with for a long haul.  The Browns do have a lot of turnover, but I don't think giving Manziel, Weeden, McCoy or any of their latest HC's a decade to work things out would have led anywhere good.

Who knows? They've drafted poorly at several positions, managed worse at most of them. They've had a lot of change in GM/ownership, which makes it hard for a HC to have success. We got into it in another thread, but there's not a lot of teams that have had that much turnover between GM/HC/Owner/QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 10:01 PM)Benton Wrote: Who knows? They've drafted poorly at several positions, managed worse at most of them. They've had a lot of change in GM/ownership, which makes it hard for a HC to have success. We got into it in another thread, but there's not a lot of teams that have had that much turnover between GM/HC/Owner/QB.

I hear ya, I'm just saying a bad choice is made even worse when you spend years wasting time without moving on.  Think of the Bengals...I don't thinking anyone was going to lose sleep if we didn't see if guys like Dave Shula and Akili Smith were going to eventually turn the corner.

Hell, I'd wager the only HC the Browns let go that didn't stink was Bill Belliache and he was let go by the Ravens' ownership, not the new Browns.  Basically, the Browns have had lots of turnover, but not one HC or QB they let go went on to be even competent as a HC or starting QB anywhere else...right?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 10:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, I'm just saying a bad choice is made even worse when you spend years wasting time without moving on.  Think of the Bengals...I don't thinking anyone was going to lose sleep if we didn't see if guys like Dave Shula and Akili Smith were going to eventually turn the corner.

Hell, I'd wager the only HC the Browns let go that didn't stink was Bill Belliache and he was let go by the Ravens' ownership, not the new Browns.  Basically, the Browns have had lots of turnover, but not one HC or QB they let go went on to be even competent as a HC or starting QB anywhere else...right?

Not in the NFL....but Butch Davis isn't a bad coach.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 04:45 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Or he uses it on Paxton Lynch.

I was thinking the same thing. Either Lynch or Elliot.

I have a feeling he's gonna get Elliot and then grab Cardale who happens to be from C-land.

Really good trade for Hue imho. Something that he hasn't been especially proficient at up to this point.

Zeke is gonna be a beast at the next level. Closest thing to E. Smith (from Pensacola) that I have seen since Smith. The team that gets him will be in contention by year two.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 10:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote:   Basically, the Browns have had lots of turnover, but not one HC or QB they let go went on to be even competent as a HC or starting QB anywhere else...right?

Crennell is an excellent DC, but sucks as a head coach.

Same with Shurmer as an OC.

And I think at one point Jeff Garcia was the Browns QB.
Reply/Quote