Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clinton campaign and DNC paid for Trump Dossier
Anyone actively trying to get the investigation shutdown seems to me to have something to hide.
(01-22-2018, 03:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well they can't just release it.  It's still Top Secret.  I don't know what you do to change that, but I'm sure it's more than just saying so.

POTUS would have to declassify.
(01-22-2018, 03:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: POTUS would have to declassify.

There have to be other ways I would think.  I mean it was written by the House Intelligence Committee.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-22-2018, 03:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: There have to be other ways I would think.  I mean it was written by the House Intelligence Committee.  

They can vote on whether or not to recommend the memo be declassified, but it still falls to the executive to declassify. They are the gatekeepers of classifications. While the memo was written by staffers on the committee, the reason it is classified is because the information contained within has been classified at some point by the executive branch.
The GOP still refuses to let the DOJ or FBI see the memo.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/23/politics/jerry-nadler-fbi-letter/index.html?sr=fbCNNp012318jerry-nadler-fbi-letter0158PMVODtop&CNNPolitics=fb

Democrats allege that it's misleading, out of context, and it only serves to undermine the Mueller investigation. Republicans suggest it should be seen by the President first and they don't care about the DOJ or FBI responding to its claims. Democrats are suggesting its because Republicans don't want the FBI to be able to refute its claims before the narrative they're pushing is spread. They're also warning Americans of Russian troll accounts promoting this story on social media.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-24-2018, 02:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The GOP still refuses to let the DOJ or FBI see the memo.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/23/politics/jerry-nadler-fbi-letter/index.html?sr=fbCNNp012318jerry-nadler-fbi-letter0158PMVODtop&CNNPolitics=fb

Democrats allege that it's misleading, out of context, and it only serves to undermine the Mueller investigation. Republicans suggest it should be seen by the President first and they don't care about the DOJ or FBI responding to its claims. Democrats are suggesting its because Republicans don't want the FBI to be able to refute its claims before the narrative they're pushing is spread. They're also warning Americans of Russian troll accounts promoting this story on social media.

If the contents shine a bad light of the FBI or DOJ why would they release it to them; prior to their boss?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Can't quote you directly, but the allegations, as far as what I know from what little has been stated, aren't being made against the acting FBI director or AG. At the very least, it would first go to them or a deputy, not straight to the President. 

I don't think the President really handles every misconduct claim against individual agents or analysts. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-22-2018, 02:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There really wasn't anything damning about the dossier, the FISA warrants, or the unmasking. If I recall correctly there was even a statement that the unmasking thing wasn't wrong at all, but that didn't get as much media coverage because, you know, not a scandal.

Oh really?  Last October Powers, I think it was, claimed she requested some unmaskings but many, many more were made in her name that she did not authorize. Sure, no scandal.  Happens all the time.  No big deal, no harm no foul.

And if the Dossier was a key piece of justification for FISA warrants (and it kind of does, and really always has, looked that way)....well then you have serious criminality.

There DOES seem to be a pretty big scandal here, but to the disappointment of many on this board it doesn't appear to point to Trump.
--------------------------------------------------------

(01-24-2018, 08:41 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Oh really?  Last October Powers, I think it was, claimed she requested some unmaskings but many, many more were made in her name that she did not authorize.  Sure, no scandal.  Happens all the time.  No big deal, no harm no foul.

And if the Dossier was a key piece of justification for FISA warrants (and it kind of does, and really always has, looked that way)....well then you have serious criminality.

There DOES seem to be a pretty big scandal here, but to the disappointment of many on this board it doesn't appear to point to Trump.

It is a big scandal. Our countries former national security advisor has already plead guilty to a felony as well as one of trumps other advisors. Pull the wool off your eyes. The man your president appointed as our national security advisor.

This isnt a big FBI evil empire. This is trump being the lifelong scumbag piece of shit he has always been. The same man who said we love wikileaks who had russians meeting in his tower with his sons while he has consistently praised putin.

Keeping buying the story from the state run propaganda. 

Remember when people used to complain about Obama disrespecting law enforcement.? None of that was ever as close to your president and his media wing waging an all out assault on the FBI.

The fact people are buying into to the bullshit coming out of this conman is maddening. 

Was probably putins #1 job for him. Totally erode the Americans trust in their goverment. Go ahead and check that box for the trumpets. Its the deep state. Fake news. Drain the swamp. May god and trump help us. Oh and fox news.

#releasethememo
#russiantrollscontrolmythoughtprocess
(01-25-2018, 12:42 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Remember when people used to complain about Obama disrespecting law enforcement.? None of that was ever as close to your president and his media wing waging an all out assault on the FBI.

The fact people are buying into to the bullshit coming out of this conman is maddening. 

Was probably putins #1 job for him. Totally erode the Americans trust in their goverment. Go ahead and check that box for the trumpets. Its the deep state. Fake news. Drain the swamp. May god and trump help us. Oh and fox news.

That is the scariest part of the Trump effect, how it is undermining trust in valued and necessary institutions.  Once that is done then Fox and Hannity carry as much weight as the CIA and FBI.

I'm all for skepticism about politicians and their claims, but not selective, faux skepticism that sets a high bar for the FBI and no bar for the president and Nunes.
(01-24-2018, 08:41 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Oh really?  Last October Powers, I think it was, claimed she requested some unmaskings but many, many more were made in her name that she did not authorize.  Sure, no scandal.  Happens all the time.  No big deal, no harm no foul.

LOL, while Russia hacks the US election, the president's campaign staff and family meet with Russian spies and recruiters looking for dirt on Hillary, and plan to set up lines of communication with Russians outside US intel monitoring while discussing the roll back of sanctions--then afterwards all claiming "no contact" with Russians. Then Comey fired after refusing to cover for a compromised NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER.

Sure, no scandal. Happens all the time. No big deal, no harm no foul. Nothing here points to Trump.

Intel, memos, whatever--it's all safe with Nunes and the Republicans in charge.  
(01-24-2018, 08:41 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Oh really?  Last October Powers, I think it was, claimed she requested some unmaskings but many, many more were made in her name that she did not authorize. Sure, no scandal.  Happens all the time.  No big deal, no harm no foul.

I'm truthfully not aware of this. Do you have any information on this?

(01-24-2018, 08:41 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And if the Dossier was a key piece of justification for FISA warrants (and it kind of does, and really always has, looked that way)....well then you have serious criminality.

Actually, it came out in testimony that the FBI was already aware of what was in the dossier, before it was passed on to them. That was in that testimony by the Fusion GPS guy. Steele took it to the FBI out of concern, and they told him he didn't have anything new to them.

(01-24-2018, 08:41 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: There DOES seem to be a pretty big scandal here, but to the disappointment of many on this board it doesn't appear to point to Trump.

It points to a lot of people around him.