Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching changes
There’s a likelihood we are going to lose at least 1 coach to a promotion. And on offense I’d be willing to lose one to bring in a fresh set of eyes and ideas. The foundation is in place so they could weather the storm. So with the likelihood Lou will stay put. That opens up some conjecture on who is out there worth bringing in.

Who are some of the names left out there worthy of bringing in as replacements for OC (which will likely be Pitcher promoted into the position) opening up QBC. Who could come in this late to coach QB’s. And what About Wideouts. Should we look to college coaches for fresh innovations or experienced out of work coaches like Hue and Haley. Side note. I thought Haley was a top coordinator. Haley had good offenses. He had Baker looking good the last we herd of him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If Callahan does go, I think Brian Johnson could be a shrewd move for OC. Doubt he would take another position as qb coach to qb coach but would be quite a get in that area also, worked wonders with Hurts in Philly.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
If Pitcher gets promoted to OC give me Joe Brady for QB coach. Maybe tack on some extra title so Buffalo can’t block it as a lateral move (is that a thing for position coaches or just coordinators?).

Reply/Quote
I think it’s a thing for position coaches too. Greg Roman as OC. Just to fix the run game. We have the offensive minds in Burrow and Zac who know pass concepts better than Baltimore coaches abling them to mesh the run game with the pass game.

Does his run concepts only work with a running qb? And he wouldn’t be a fit for QBC and WRC.

Reply/Quote
Bieniemy doesn’t have a contract.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 11:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: There’s a likelihood we are going to lose at least 1 coach to a promotion. And on offense I’d be willing to lose one to bring in a fresh set of eyes and ideas. The foundation is in place so they could weather the storm. So with the likelihood Lou will stay put. That opens up some conjecture on who is out there worth bringing in.

Who are some of the names left out there worthy of bringing in as replacements for OC (which will likely be Pitcher promoted into the position) opening up QBC. Who could come in this late to coach QB’s. And what About Wideouts. Should we look to college coaches for fresh innovations or experienced out of work coaches like Hue and Haley. Side note. I thought Haley was a top coordinator.  Haley had good offenses. He had Baker looking good the last we herd of him.

Troy Walters is an excellent WR coach.  He'll be a top candidate for promotion to OC in the near future.  There is absolutely no reason to look to replace him at this point

Dan Pitcher, who is already intimately involved in the offensive planning is the heir apparent for OC even though the team will obviously have to open up the search.

QB coach is the open position if Callahan moves on.  A top college guy could be a logical choice  I would say this is one position that Joe Burrow would get a say in.  I can't see the Bills letting Joe Brady go on a lateral move.  Knowing, now what we do about Zac, he already has some idea of a succession plan.

I think the defensive side is far more of a mystery.  Who would succeed Lou?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 12:41 AM)pally Wrote: I think the defensive side is far more of a mystery.  Who would succeed Lou?

Not sure if will be Duffner or not, but if they do decide to go with an outside hire one thing is for sure - it’s going to be a hell of a lot easier to attract good coaches this time around, as opposed to when Zac was first trying to fill that position.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 11:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Pitcher gets promoted to OC give me Joe Brady for QB coach. Maybe tack on some extra title so Buffalo can’t block it as a lateral move (is that a thing for position coaches or just coordinators?).

Joe Brady won’t come on a lateral move and neither would they release him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 01:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure if will be Duffner or not, but if they do decide to go with an outside hire one thing is for sure - it’s going to be a hell of a lot easier to attract good coaches this time around, as opposed to when Zac was first trying to fill that position.

Duffner would be my first choice as an internal candidate but of course Zac isn't asking me

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 01:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure if will be Duffner or not, but if they do decide to go with an outside hire one thing is for sure - it’s going to be a hell of a lot easier to attract good coaches this time around, as opposed to when Zac was first trying to fill that position.

I think James Bettcher will get a strong look as long as Lou doesn't take him.

An unlikely outside hire I've wondered about is Al Golden. He helped Lou design 3rd down defensive schemes. He was also popular among the FO. I'm wondering if they'd try get him back from Notre Dame.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 01:07 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Joe Brady won’t come on a lateral move and neither would they release him.

I don’t know about that. Reuniting with Burrow and Chase would be awful tempting. But it’s a moot point if Buffalo can block it.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 11:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Pitcher gets promoted to OC give me Joe Brady for QB coach. Maybe tack on some extra title so Buffalo can’t block it as a lateral move (is that a thing for position coaches or just coordinators?).

and if Callahan and Pitcher both land jobs elsewhere, then go after Brady for OC?

I suppose if Pitcher gets a job before Callahan, then Callahan lands a head coaching job, then that's the scenario for Zac needing an external replacement.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 12:41 AM)pally Wrote: Troy Walters is an excellent WR coach.  He'll be a top candidate for promotion to OC in the near future.  There is absolutely no reason to look to replace him at this point

He's good friends with Ryan and has a legit shot at the Texas OC gig. 

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 01:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t know about that. Reuniting with Burrow and Chase would be awful tempting. But it’s a moot point if Buffalo can block it.

Beane the Bills GM if you saw his hard on for the Bengals no way allows it. So it’s about as likely as Greg Norman replacing Jay Monahan as PGA commissioner.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 01:26 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think James Bettcher will get a strong look as long as Lou doesn't take him.

An unlikely outside hire I've wondered about is Al Golden. He helped Lou design 3rd down defensive schemes. He was also popular among the FO. I'm wondering if they'd try get him back from Notre Dame.

No they were glad he left as Lou and Bettcher are tight and Golden wasn’t a fit.

Reply/Quote
If we are just going to replace the QB coach, heck, hire Jordan Palmer. He works with Joe anyway.
Reply/Quote
What about Jay Gruden? for OC
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 10:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: and if Callahan and Pitcher both land jobs elsewhere, then go after Brady for OC?

I suppose if Pitcher gets a job before Callahan, then Callahan lands a head coaching job, then that's the scenario for Zac needing an external replacement.

The Bengals already extended Pitcher when the Ravens came sniffing around.

(02-01-2023, 10:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If we are just going to replace the QB coach, heck, hire Jordan Palmer. He works with Joe anyway.

Similar situation to big Willie, he’s got a great gig doing his own thing. Doubt he’d be interested.

Reply/Quote
Reich to Panthers. Payton to Broncos. Ryans to Texans. That leaves Colts and Cardinals. I like this quote from SI.com:

Quote:It’s wild that the Bengals are in position to bring their entire staff back.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/01/30/nfl-coaching-carousel-jim-harbaugh-demeco-ryans-broncos
Reply/Quote
Its pretty much a gaurantee at this point that Pitcher will become the OC.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote