Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Coaching props and rants!
Playing in the AFC Champ game is all Zac's fault!!!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:02 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes sir, the NBA sucks these days. Not like before when it was great ...

[Image: DETPNV504100B.jpg?v=1603989408]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

For a second there, I thought The Pistons had made a return to the boards! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 05:02 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes sir, the NBA sucks these days. Not like before when it was great ...

[Image: DETPNV504100B.jpg?v=1603989408]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
I hated them because they helped ruin the NBA's style of play for about a dozen years. Not as talented as your opponent? Clobber the shit out of them in an ugly 75-73 free throw fest. The league became popular but was mostly unwatchable outside of Jordan. The Pistons led to the clumsy and Barbaric Knicks, poor Patrick Ewing deserved better. I think the low point was when my beloved Sixers made the Finals in '01 when three of their starting five couldn't shoot.
C Dikembe Mutombo - poor shooter, almost entirely defense
PF Tyrone Hill - good rebounder, good defender, poor shooter
SF George Lynch - OK shooter, picked up off the street mid-season in '99 and becomes starter for 3 years because no one else could shoot
SG Allen Iverson - OK shooter . . . PHENOMENAL at creating shots. The best that I ever saw do it, even better than Jordan or Kobe
PG Eric Snow - poor shooter, OK point guard, good defender

I love that team, but it still blows my mind that they made the NBA Finals.

Anyway, rant over. 

Back on topic, by this time of year, I've usually given up on FA by the Bengals so I read a few Draft threads, gather a little info and take off from this place a couple weeks at a time while I completely ignore the playoffs. But nooooo. Zac still has me wanting to watch Game Pass and YouTube videos and visit NFL.com(which I hate). So THANKS A LOT, ZAC!! My calendar is completely off balance . . . guess I may have to get used to a new normal.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
After last night's game, I think it's pretty obvious why Zac kept going for the TD on 4th and goal against KC. Mahommes got em in FG range in what, 13 seconds?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:26 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I hated them because they helped ruin the NBA's style of play for about a dozen years. Not as talented as your opponent? Clobber the shit out of them in an ugly 75-73 free throw fest. The league became popular but was mostly unwatchable outside of Jordan. The Pistons led to the clumsy and Barbaric Knicks, poor Patrick Ewing deserved better. I think the low point was when my beloved Sixers made the Finals in '01 when three of their starting five couldn't shoot.
C Dikembe Mutombo - poor shooter, almost entirely defense
PF Tyrone Hill - good rebounder, good defender, poor shooter
SF George Lynch - OK shooter, picked up off the street mid-season in '99 and becomes starter for 3 years because no one else could shoot
SG Allen Iverson - OK shooter . . . PHENOMENAL at creating shots. The best that I ever saw do it, even better than Jordan or Kobe
PG Eric Snow - poor shooter, OK point guard, good defender

I love that team, but it still blows my mind that they made the NBA Finals.

Anyway, rant over. 

Back on topic, by this time of year, I've usually given up on FA by the Bengals so I read a few Draft threads, gather a little info and take off from this place a couple weeks at a time while I completely ignore the playoffs. But nooooo. Zac still has me wanting to watch Game Pass and YouTube videos and visit NFL.com(which I hate). So THANKS A LOT, ZAC!! My calendar is completely off balance . . . guess I may have to get used to a new normal.

You are a Sixer fan and you are complaining about Clobbering??? You guys also had Rick Mahorn. Probably the Baddest Bad Boy of the Pistons.
Then you coupled him with Charles Barklay. 

I became a Die Hard Piston fan because I hated the Lakers. Initially, I rooted for Larry Bird and Indiana State over Michigan State in the NCAA finals.  Then your Sixer team lost to Magic/Lakers and I was angry. I did not have a die hard NBA team since I was upset the NBA sort of forced my ABA Nets to sell Dr. J to your lousy team. :-)   I just hated the Lakers and liked/loved any team playing them. Along came the Celtics, since I was not a Knicks fan[see forced Nets to pay a big fee to enter NY boundary] it was easy for me to accept the Celtics, especially when they battled the Lakers.

There lies the problem with your first statement. You are dead wrong. It was NOT the Pistons that started rough housing in the NBA but the Celtics. I watched almost every game I could watch of the Celtics and I loved them. But I hated the Lakers, like I feel about the Steelers and 49ers. My pain was watching the Celtics lose 2 out of 3 titles to the Lakers.  Sick

Enter the Pistons, although they only played twice in the 80's for the title. I was more in love with them because the first series was a controversy series that went seven. The next year they swept the team I hated. I read books and video's about the Bad Boy Pistons and almost every time the Pistons mentioned they learned how to rough house by following the foot steps of the Celtics. 

[Image: 4c82bd55gw1f0ngkdds6fg20ak059qv9.gif?w=800]

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's Zac's fault for turning this thread into an NBA discussion.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-All-Other-Sports Ninja
Reply/Quote
I give the coaching staff props, now we need a game plan to limit KC offense.

I'd rather face the Chiefs than the Bills, tbh...
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 10:48 AM)M.W. Wrote: ZT and Lou need extended, probably the whole coaching staff.  This is an amazing staff.

Well Lou couldnt end up needing replaced.   This staff might be changing 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's Zac's fault for turning this thread into an NBA discussion.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-All-Other-Sports  Ninja

haha

GO CAVS!!!

NOW BACK TO BENGALS TALK!!!  Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 03:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well Lou couldnt end up needing replaced.   This staff might be changing 

You think if Lou is gone, Zimmer returns for DC duties?  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 03:12 PM)magikod Wrote: You think if Lou is gone, Zimmer returns for DC duties?  Who Dey

I could see that happening. I was surprised to see that Mike is 65 years old.
He may be happy at this point being a DC.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 03:12 PM)magikod Wrote: You think if Lou is gone, Zimmer returns for DC duties?  Who Dey

I am for this if Lou leaves. Honestly I hope Lou doesn't leave and sticks around. Never thought I would say this after last season! Wink
Reply/Quote

Be Interesting to see what Zimmer Does  many take a year off after losing a HC spot. and hes been actively coaching for a good while now.

We will find out if they are Serious about Lou after this weekends game... As if we lose hes available and if we win hes at least available for more interviews the the 2 week break
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am for this if Lou leaves. Honestly I hope Lou doesn't leave and sticks around. Never thought I would say this after last season! Wink

I only want Zimmer back if Zac Taylor makes the hire. I don't want ownership or anyone from the front office dictating who Zac gets for his DC if Lou leaves. That's my only caveat against Zimmer, if Zac doesn't want him then I don't want him as the DC.
Reply/Quote
I think at this point, if Lou leaves, Zac will have a much easier time finding a DC of his choosing than he did the last time.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I only want Zimmer back if Zac Taylor makes the hire. I don't want ownership or anyone from the front office dictating who Zac gets for his DC if Lou leaves. That's my only caveat against Zimmer, if Zac doesn't want him then I don't want him as the DC.

I agree with that. Let Zac pick who he wants if Lou leaves. The FO shouldn't interfere.

(01-28-2022, 05:12 PM)Earendil Wrote: I think at this point, if Lou leaves, Zac will have a much easier time finding a DC of his choosing than he did the last time.

True, didn't have many choices to choose from the last time around and still ended up getting it right once the players 
were in place for Lou's scheme. All I know is that if Lou leaves the next DC will have lots of damn good players with 
chemistry to work with.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:11 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Zac won the AFC North and has two playoff wins. I think it's time to unpin this thread as Zac is our guy.

Because of Zac, I now know who Jackson and Brittany are. Damn you Zac Taylor!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
How about going to the SB!!!!! remove this Zac bashing thread!! We headed to the promis land boys and girls!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 08:48 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: How about going to the SB!!!!! remove this Zac bashing thread!! We headed to the promis land boys and girls!!!

I still kinda like this thread.  It's always been ridiculous and not about things he's actually done/not done.  If anything, I kinda want to keep it more now  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 08:50 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I still kinda like this thread.  It's always been ridiculous and not about things he's actually done/not done.  If anything, I kinda want to keep it more now  Ninja

Yeah, I keep seeing calls to end it.  Do people still not get the joke some 360+ posts in?  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote