Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coaching updates
(02-21-2024, 10:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: Salkin hasn’t been confirmed ….

And even assistant coaches on that level get a mention on the mothership and bio as Brad and  Fredi etc has had in that role. Something to keep an eye on.

The Cincinnati Enquirer has an Feb. 13 article about Salkin being hired by the Bengals, although their source is the original tweet by Pete Thamel. But they also include a tweet by Akili Smith offering Salkin congrats.  You would think with all that noise there would have been some official follow-up.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2024/02/13/who-is-jordan-salkin-cincinnati-bengals-hire-offensive-assistant-from-oregon-ducks/72579877007/
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2024, 07:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Man, he's been on staff at NMSU for a month and half before he bolted. Zac is bringing in a lot of fresh young minds.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
It looks like they still need to add several defensive assistants as well as the #2 special teams guy

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2024, 11:24 AM)pally Wrote: It looks like they still need to add several defensive assistants as well as the #2 special teams guy

I was looking at that too.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Duke Tobin and Zac Taylor will speak today at the combine.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 08:17 AM)Synric Wrote: Duke Tobin and Zac Taylor will speak today at the combine.

Nice. We'll likely get empty platitudes from them but I'll take any Bengals news I can get.
Reply/Quote

https://www.bengals.com/news/three-assistant-coach-staff-updates-jordan-salkin-ronnie-regula-ben-jacobs

Salkin comes to Cincinnati from the University of Oregon, where he spent the 2023 season as an offensive analyst. He previously served as an offensive quality control coach with the Miami Dolphins in 2021, after spending seven years in assistant coaching roles at the collegiate level.

Regula has nine years of coaching experience in the collegiate ranks. He spent the past two seasons (2022-23) as a senior defensive analyst at the University of Notre Dame, after serving as an offensive quality control coach at both the University of Miami (Fla.) in '21 and the University of Tennessee in '20. He was on the University of Nevada, Las Vegas staff from 2017-19, including as tight ends coach in '19. Regula's collegiate playing career began at Mount St. Joseph University in Cincinnati, before he transferred to Miami (Fla.), where he played tight end from 2012-14.

Jacobs has spent the past five seasons as an assistant special teams coach with the Carolina Panthers (2019) and Washington Commanders ('20-23). He played linebacker in the NFL from 2011-18, seeing action in 73 career games for the Cleveland Browns (2011) and Carolina ('14-18). He also spent two weeks on the Bengals' practice squad in 2012.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 10:05 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nice. We'll likely get empty platitudes from them but I'll take any Bengals news I can get.

Yes sir, exciting for the Combine now being here. Man I got a problem, I get a little itchy this time of year leading up to the Combine. Funny,
my sisters make fun of me, like it has only been 2 or 3 weeks since the Super Bowl lol

But we love our football, almost too much. Mellow

Almost. Mellow

(02-27-2024, 01:10 PM)pally Wrote:
https://www.bengals.com/news/three-assistant-coach-staff-updates-jordan-salkin-ronnie-regula-ben-jacobs

Salkin comes to Cincinnati from the University of Oregon, where he spent the 2023 season as an offensive analyst. He previously served as an offensive quality control coach with the Miami Dolphins in 2021, after spending seven years in assistant coaching roles at the collegiate level.

Regula has nine years of coaching experience in the collegiate ranks. He spent the past two seasons (2022-23) as a senior defensive analyst at the University of Notre Dame, after serving as an offensive quality control coach at both the University of Miami (Fla.) in '21 and the University of Tennessee in '20. He was on the University of Nevada, Las Vegas staff from 2017-19, including as tight ends coach in '19. Regula's collegiate playing career began at Mount St. Joseph University in Cincinnati, before he transferred to Miami (Fla.), where he played tight end from 2012-14.

Jacobs has spent the past five seasons as an assistant special teams coach with the Carolina Panthers (2019) and Washington Commanders ('20-23). He played linebacker in the NFL from 2011-18, seeing action in 73 career games for the Cleveland Browns (2011) and Carolina ('14-18). He also spent two weeks on the Bengals' practice squad in 2012.

Thanks Pally, I like these additions, especially Salkin.
Reply/Quote
Fresh young minds seem like a good idea. What’s the consensus about these guys over there?
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 08:38 PM)wanga Wrote: Fresh young minds seem like a good idea. What’s the consensus about these guys over there?

All I know is that Oregon Offense is damn good and it is a lot like ours as far as scheme. Salkin seems like a good fit and we need some freshness
on Offense. Get the run game going, use under Center more now that Burrow should be healthy come the regular season and this Offense could be
one of the tops if not the best. I know we hate on the OL a ton but when we used under Center play from the QB we weren't terrible on the OL.

It puts your OL in a tough position when your QB always has to be in the Shotgun, makes the OL have to play passive instead of aggressive.

We add a good RT in Free Agency like Onwenu and a couple playmakers at RB, WR or TE and great things could be happening.
Reply/Quote