Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coaching updates
(02-12-2024, 11:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Interesting. Oregon has had some great Offenses as of late. Bet KillerGoose likes the hire of Salkin. Fresh minds are welcome.
Reply/Quote
Kragthorpe has been elevated to QB coach.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Kragthorpe has been elevated to QB coach.

You get your news via Pony Express or something? Tongue
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Kragthorpe has been elevated to QB coach.

You use Edge as your browser don't you? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You use Edge as your browser don't you? 

More like Netscape Navigator
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 12:11 AM)lacesout87 Wrote: More like Netscape Navigator

Be nice or the OP will delete you from his MySpace profile
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I just saw that when I posted it and didn't see it on here, goofballs...
Reply/Quote
We traded Billy Price?

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 02:27 AM)casear2727 Wrote: We traded Billy Price?

Carson wants out?
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I really like this hire because the offense Oregon runs is nearly identical to the Bengals. Oregon has a spread RPO that run a 60/40 Gap/Zone split rushing offense that is mainly Duos wraps traps and inside zone. Their passing offense seems more verticle with underneath crossers but they do run a fair share of Digs like the Bengals. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 03:37 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Carson wants out?

Breaking news: Marvin Lewis is stepping down as coach.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 09:08 AM)Synric Wrote: I really like this hire because the offense Oregon runs is nearly identical to the Bengals. Oregon has a spread RPO that run a 60/40 Gap/Zone split rushing offense that is mainly Duos wraps traps and inside zone. Their passing offense seems more verticle with underneath crossers but they do run a fair share of Digs like the Bengals. 

They obviously wanted some new ideas and additions in the room. Pitcher obviously has been pursued the last 2 years. He’s got a great relationship with Joe and obviously the Brown’s & Duke. They obviously encouraged Zac to keep him. Which he did keep him when Zac was hired. And of course he has a great relationship with Joe. So that was a no-brainer. Kragthorpe in similar ways was respected and they showed their loyalty. The new hires also shows they want some new ideas. Seems like a good plan. Rascati & Salkin hopefully bring new ideas.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I saw Zac Taylor at the UC/ Iowa State game last night... Pretty sure he was looking into acquiring some of those bricks the Bearcats were putting up to build a wall for Burrow.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 09:08 AM)Synric Wrote: I really like this hire because the offense Oregon runs is nearly identical to the Bengals. Oregon has a spread RPO that run a 60/40 Gap/Zone split rushing offense that is mainly Duos wraps traps and inside zone. Their passing offense seems more verticle with underneath crossers but they do run a fair share of Digs like the Bengals. 

Awesome, I thought the Offenses were similar. Wink

(02-14-2024, 10:18 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They obviously wanted some new ideas and additions in the room. Pitcher obviously has been pursued the last 2 years. He’s got a great relationship with Joe and obviously the Brown’s & Duke. They obviously encouraged Zac to keep him. Which he did keep him when Zac was hired. And of course he has a great relationship with Joe. So that was a no-brainer. Kragthorpe in similar ways was respected and they showed their loyalty. The new hires also shows they want some new ideas. Seems like a good plan. Rascati & Salkin hopefully bring new ideas.

Refreshing to say the least. Get RT taken care of and this Offense could be deadly with a healthy Burrow and a running game.

(02-14-2024, 10:18 AM)jason Wrote: I saw Zac Taylor at the UC/ Iowa State game last night... Pretty sure he was looking into acquiring some of those bricks the Bearcats were putting up to build a wall for Burrow.

Interesting lol
Reply/Quote
Geeze, too many coaches.. we don't need this many coaches!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 07:51 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Geeze, too many coaches.. we don't need this many coaches!!!

Rumor is they double as scouts in the offseason.

Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Special Teams assistant coordinator Colt Anderson has been hired by Brian Callahan to be Special Teams Coordinator for the Titans.

Who had Anderson as the coach that would be poached by the Titans.

Hire Shayne Graham to be the new assistant

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 08:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Rumor is they double as scouts in the offseason.

Sarcasm

2 for 1 deals. The legend of Bogo. 
Reply/Quote
Salkin hasn’t been confirmed ….

And even assistant coaches on that level get a mention on the mothership and bio as Brad and Fredi etc has had in that role. Something to keep an eye on.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 10:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: Salkin hasn’t been confirmed ….

And even assistant coaches on that level get a mention on the mothership and bio as Brad and  Fredi etc has had in that role. Something to keep an eye on.

This is what I hate, a source says he has accepted a job, but it is not confirmed.

These sources need to be held accountable if it is not true.
Reply/Quote