Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody Ford set to visit
(03-16-2023, 06:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: I wonder if that is a depth signing now with an expectation they cut Collins at some point. I think the D'Ante Smith experiment may be over and so you'd have Brown and Williams projected starters with Carman and Ford fighting for swing tackle opportunities.

I dont get cutting LC.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont get cutting LC.

Well if we move Jonah Williams to RT we could cut him. I really doubt that Collins will be back at 100% anytime soon. It takes a long time for a big man to recover from the injury he had. It's too bad, because Collins is a solid RT when he's healthy. He just has a bad back and ACL/MCL injury issues now. Collins could stay as a safety net for Williams if he hasn't recovered from dislocating both knees. Right tackle is a question mark for me still.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well if we move Jonah Williams to RT we could cut him. I really doubt that Collins will be back at 100% anytime soon. It takes a long time for a big man to recover from the injury he had. It's too bad, because Collins is a solid RT when he's healthy. He just has a bad back and ACL/MCL injury issues now. Collins could stay as a safety net for Williams if he hasn't recovered from dislocating both knees. Right tackle is a question mark for me still.

I am with Casaer though, I would still hold onto La'el in case he does come back by the end of the season. What a road grader we
would have on the right side of Cappa going into the Playoffs...

I have about gave up on Jonah, think Carman wins the job unless we draft Darnell Wright at 28.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well if we move Jonah Williams to RT we could cut him. I really doubt that Collins will be back at 100% anytime soon. It takes a long time for a big man to recover from the injury he had. It's too bad, because Collins is a solid RT when he's healthy. He just has a bad back and ACL/MCL injury issues now. Collins could stay as a safety net for Williams if he hasn't recovered from dislocating both knees. Right tackle is a question mark for me still.

Why would you?  He costs nothing unless he plays.  And cutting him doesn't save nearly what he could bring even as a depth piece this season or a starter in 2024....   so what are we gaining?

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am with Casaer though, I would still hold onto La'el in case he does come back by the end of the season. What a road grader we

I have about gave up on Jonah, think Carman wins the job unless we draft Darnell Wright at 28.

If Jonah is still here they wont let Carmen win that job, IMO.  And I dont trust Carmen on the right side.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am with Casaer though, I would still hold onto La'el in case he does come back by the end of the season. What a road grader we

Man, imagine if Darnell Wright falls to us at 28... YEESH. I'm secretly wanting Bijan Robinson to somehow fall to us though. With an improved line imagine what a back like him would do. IF we draft him I doubt Mixon stays, but more than likely he doesn't fall to us, and my prediction of Mixon staying with us for just one more year probably comes true.

FWIW I don't think we will cut Collins since RT is such a question mark.
Reply/Quote
Ford's predraft scouting report said he plays best at right tackle. He hasn't had much chance to play there in the NFL till now. The Bills tried to make him a left tackle. It wasn't great. I think the Bengals signed him to compete for the starting role on the right, so I'm optimistic for him if he can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
The signing of Ford tells me that we MAY have a suitor in a trade for Jonah.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If Jonah is still here they wont let Carman win that job, IMO.  And I dont trust Carman on the right side.

Hey, had to fix your spelling again damn it! Mellow

I don't trust Jonah to not be pushed around. We will see if it just Guard that gives Carman troubles soon enough and if it is
the right side or not. Understand not trusting him at this point, still want Darnell Wright more than anything.

(03-16-2023, 07:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Man, imagine if Darnell Wright falls to us at 28... YEESH. I'm secretly wanting Bijan Robinson to somehow fall to us though. With an improved line imagine what a back like him would do. IF we draft him I doubt Mixon stays, but more than likely he doesn't fall to us, and my prediction of Mixon staying with us for just one more year probably comes true.

FWIW I don't think we will cut Collins since RT is such a question mark.

Yes, what an OL we would have then...

I can only dream.Wub

Bijan would be a fantastic get, I think he is taken ahead of us though and Gibbs might actually be an option if we want that breakaway
speedster at RB that can take it to the house at any moment. I am thinking Mixon is gone regardless, just saves us money to designate 
him a June 1st cut to add more guys right now. Cutting Collins would be dumb right now, if he works his ass off it is possible he is able
to play by mid season at the very least, he might not be 100% but he could still be that big, badazz run blocker who knows.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, had to fix your spelling again damn it! Mellow

I don't trust Jonah to not be pushed around. We will see if it just Guard that gives Carman troubles soon enough and if it is
the right side or not. Understand not trusting him at this point, still want Darnell Wright more than anything.

Yes, what an OL we would have then...

I can only dream.Wub

Bijan would be a fantastic get, I think he is taken ahead of us though and Gibbs might actually be an option if we want that breakaway
speedster at RB that can take it to the house at any moment. I am thinking Mixon is gone regardless, just saves us money to designate 
him a June 1st cut to add more guys right now. Cutting Collins would be dumb right now, if he works his ass off it is possible he is able
to play by mid season at the very least, he might not be 100% but he could still be that big, badazz run blocker who knows.

I have spelled his name wrong since we drafted him, no idea why my fingers insist on e instead of a... 

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:34 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I have spelled his name wrong since we drafted him, no idea why my fingers insist on e instead of a... 

At least you have a reason for it, I think some do it on purpose. 

The Charmin spelling was actually pretty funny by Synric until he played decent. Then he spelled his name right, has to earn it lol
Reply/Quote
Ford has been absolutely horrible as a pro. Just terrible.
Reply/Quote
I am certain the FO has done their homework and Bengals offered trade to move up to get him, but he has struggled. He is depth sure, but to give you an ideal, he is probably no better than Sharping, Hakeem....

Maybe Pollack can do something, maybe it is a motivational issue. We shall see.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 07:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Why would you?  He costs nothing unless he plays.  And cutting him doesn't save nearly what he could bring even as a depth piece this season or a starter in 2024....   so what are we gaining?

about 7.7 million in extra cap space we could use toward other players
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am certain the FO has done their homework and Bengals offered trade to move up to get him, but he has struggled.  He is depth sure, but to give you an ideal, he is probably no better than Sharping, Hakeem....

Maybe Pollack can do something, maybe it is a motivational issue.  We shall see.

Maybe he just needs to find a place to call "home". :)
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Maybe he just needs to find a place to call "home". :)

It seems like that has been the ground for most of his career.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:57 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: about 7.7 million in extra cap space we could use toward other players

No, not really. A medical severance agreement would be required, so much closer to 5M.

5M to keep Collins to backup tackle and guard this season, and potentially be a very inexpensive starter at RT in 2024 if needed.

Makes zero sense to me after losing 3 olinemen before the playoffs a few months ago.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Maybe he just needs to find a place to call "home". :)

Evidently RT is his best position and he needs to be in a Gap scheme.

Just trying to stay positive about this, we all know some players are used incorrectly on some teams and flourish on others...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:14 PM)pally Wrote:

Im not sure how doing good at Oklahoma has any relation to how bad he has been in the NFL but hopefully he improves
Reply/Quote