Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee shop refuses to serve man caught on tape confronting Muslim woman
(05-17-2018, 08:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don’t respect any group who treats women with such distaste.  It’s sickening.  I have a hard core Muslim who I do a lot of business with but they know not to come into my office pulling their crap.   His wife goes full ninja usually, but never in my office, she just wears that scarf.  Which is appropriate.  And it’s the appropriate western version of them staying within their religion.  

Banning it doesn’t make you xenophobic,  it just means you are pushing  people to assimilate into western culture.  

It is possible to respect someone’s religion while expecting them to adverse to our cultural norms.  They came here to adjust to us,  not for us to adjust to them.  If we went to a Muslim country then our women would be covered up ninja style walking 5 feet behind us.

I'm sure they feel all kinds of respect from you when you ask them not to go "full ninja" on you!!!!
(05-17-2018, 08:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At the risk of excusing another hateful bigot. Does anyone else see the irony of her asking him has he ever read the Qur'an while she wears a Niqab?

No.

Do you?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-18-2018, 02:09 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm sure they feel all kinds of respect from you when you ask them not to go "full ninja" on you!!!!

I don’t have to...they know the deal, the guy also knows he can’t treat my female employees the way he normally treats women.
(05-18-2018, 10:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don’t have to...they know the deal, the guy also knows he can treat my female employees the way he normally treats women.

Alpha males are never afraid to "treat women" so they know what they are supposed to wear and how they are supposed to act.

So sad.
(05-17-2018, 08:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don’t respect any group who treats women with such distaste.  It’s sickening.

And I say the exact same thiung everytime you say that women are helpless creatures that can not get by without a man to protect them.

You banning you daughters from activities just because they are girls is no different from Muslims banning women from doing certain things because of their sex.

You both discriminate against women and limit their opportunities just based on theoir sex.
(05-17-2018, 08:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don’t respect any group who treats women with such distaste.  It’s sickening.  I have a hard core Muslim who I do a lot of business with but they know not to come into my office pulling their crap.   His wife goes full ninja usually, but never in my office, she just wears that scarf.  Which is appropriate.  And it’s the appropriate western version of them staying within their religion.  

Banning it doesn’t make you xenophobic,  it just means you are pushing  people to assimilate into western culture.  

It is possible to respect someone’s religion while expecting them to adverse to our cultural norms.  They came here to adjust to us,  not for us to adjust to them.  If we went to a Muslim country then our women would be covered up ninja style walking 5 feet behind us.

Meh, cultural norms change so if the majority of our culture doesn't go ape when they see a woman in a ninja costume I fully expect you to fall in line and let it go...right?  Anyways, it's your office so you are free to dictate the rules but I'm not sure how proud I'd be if people had to pretend to be something they aren't in order to keep me from getting upset. You know they are still Muslim, right? What's that Fleetwood Mac song? Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!

If you did business with a Steeler fan would you make him put on a Burfict jersey and talk about what a stinky rapist Pig Ben is before you could get down to business?  Anyways, the fact that you refer to a business associate's culture/customs/region as "pulling their crap" had me laughing, I'll admit.  The USA has been ground zero for people coming here and "pulling their crap" for generations.  Damn we suck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-18-2018, 10:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, cultural norms change so if the majority of our culture doesn't go ape when they see a woman in a ninja costume I fully expect you to fall in line and let it go...right?  Anyways, it's your office so you are free to dictate the rules but I'm not sure how proud I'd be if people had to pretend to be something they aren't in order to keep me from getting upset.  You know they are still Muslim, right?  What's that Fleetwood Mac song?  Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!  

If you did business with a Steeler fan would you make him put on a Burfict jersey and talk about what a stinky rapist Pig Ben is before you could get down to business?  Anyways, the fact that you refer to a business associate's culture/customs/region as "pulling their crap" had me laughing, I'll admit.  The USA has been ground zero for people coming here and "pulling their crap" for generations.  Damn we suck.

Lucy will take their money...just not treat them as equals.

He's triggered by people who are different and in his safe place at work he can make them "assimilate" to what he thinks is "normal".

Ain't America grand?
(05-18-2018, 10:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: Lucy will take their money...just not treat them as equals.

He's triggered by people who are different and in his safe place at work he can make them "assimilate" to what he thinks is "normal".

Ain't America grand?

Ehh, I'm fine with that as long as it is kept on the private level.  Freedom hurts so good, sometimes.  I will say "pretending to be something you aren't in order to secure a business deal etc." sounds more like the plot to a god-awful 80s "comedy" than a lifestyle I'd be proud to live, but to each his own!
(05-18-2018, 10:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, cultural norms change so if the majority of our culture doesn't go ape when they see a woman in a ninja costume I fully expect you to fall in line and let it go...right?  Anyways, it's your office so you are free to dictate the rules but I'm not sure how proud I'd be if people had to pretend to be something they aren't in order to keep me from getting upset.  You know they are still Muslim, right?  What's that Fleetwood Mac song?  Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!  

If you did business with a Steeler fan would you make him put on a Burfict jersey and talk about what a stinky rapist Pig Ben is before you could get down to business?  Anyways, the fact that you refer to a business associate's culture/customs/region as "pulling their crap" had me laughing, I'll admit.  The USA has been ground zero for people coming here and "pulling their crap" for generations.  Damn we suck.

Yes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-18-2018, 10:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don’t have to...they know the deal, the guy also knows he can’t treat my female employees the way he normally treats women.

You got a hard on just typing that didn't you?!  Ninja
(05-18-2018, 12:57 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: You got a hard on just typing that didn't you?!  Ninja

He must treat women in a manner that is more liberal than what is the norm in the barbaric Middle East BUT not as liberal as is the norm in a civilized country, like say....the USA. 

Ida know, Lucie. You talk about the importance of assimilating to cultural norms but at the same time you proudly express how you go against the grain of what you see as a dangerously liberal modern America. Personally, I don't see why people can't just live by their own standards without feeling the need to justify their beliefs/actions as essential to the betterment and survival of our society. Perhaps that is why my stances are accused of lacking punch or conviction; I don't attribute my manner of living to the will of a higher power or with the threat of societal collapse, but rather how I choose to live.

Anywho, back to whatever this thread is about.
(05-18-2018, 10:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And I say the exact same thiung everytime you say that women are helpless creatures that can not get by without a man to protect them.

You banning you daughters from activities just because they are girls is no different from Muslims banning women from doing certain things because of their sex.

You both discriminate against women and limit their opportunities just based on theoir sex.

At least be honest here. I don’t allow them to play sports with boys. There are girls divisions for them. Nor do I allow them to Play a boys only sport like football, they are allowed to play the girls version, which we have here in Florida. Flag football.
(05-18-2018, 10:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, cultural norms change so if the majority of our culture doesn't go ape when they see a woman in a ninja costume I fully expect you to fall in line and let it go...right?  Anyways, it's your office so you are free to dictate the rules but I'm not sure how proud I'd be if people had to pretend to be something they aren't in order to keep me from getting upset. You know they are still Muslim, right? What's that Fleetwood Mac song? Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!

(05-18-2018, 10:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: Lucy will take their money...just not treat them as equals.

Ain't America grand?

Yes I certainly will.... and charge a premium.

I have had issues with these strict Muslim types before. They berate my female employees and have tried to get physical before. That’s why there are rules for these guys with whom I still do business. They also pay a premium.
(05-18-2018, 02:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have had issues with these strict Muslim types before.  They berate my female employees and have tried to get physical before.  That’s why there are rules for these guys with whom I still do business.  They also pay a premium.

I don't disagree with you here, but a cynic might argue that misogyny and violence against women is hardly radically against the grain in this country, too.
(05-18-2018, 12:57 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: You got a hard on just typing that didn't you?!  Ninja

I only get those when I see an alert from you Ninja
(05-18-2018, 02:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't disagree with you here, but a cynic might argue that misogyny and violence against women is hardly radically against the grain in this country, too.

There are some things that are just too far. I won’t watch my female employees be treated like dogs because someone’s religion tells them thy are superior to women.

I gave them a choice, to never come back or adhere to our standards in the office and since then it’s been great. Everyone is making money. When I first told him he wasn’t happy and threatened me but within 2 weeks he was back and apologized. That’s when I added the premium charge, since some employees asked to be excused from working with them Given the history.
(05-18-2018, 02:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I only get those when I see an alert from you Ninja

I never knew I alerted you?  I always thought my stalking was stealthier than that. Oh well it's still flattering to know that I can trigger you in such a manner.  Cool