Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Cowherd is butthurt
(10-06-2015, 01:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I met him on the beach in Fort Lauderdale, FL.  We were leaving on a cruise in the AM, and had one night at a really nice Marriott property on the beach.  I am the "laborer" and my son is the "foreman" as we build sand castles...and this little boy, maybe a year younger than my son, came up and wanted to help.  We accepted his help and worked together for a while.  His dad was sitting in a chair soaking up some rays when I heard him answer his phone...I knew that voice right away.

Once he got off the phone, he came over to help and I started up a conversation with him.  I teased him over his insults for the buckeyes over the years only to see them win a National Championship with a third string QB.  He acknowledged that they are a great program.  He just kind of shrugged when I asked him why he called them "a nice little program" before the championship run.  At this point, he knew he was going to get teased by someone who knew what he was about and knew the facts.  He tried to get his son to go with him, but his son was enjoying helping us on our HUGE sand castle.

At this point, I turned to his statements calling AD the "beige water pistol".  He said he met AD and raved about what a good guy he is and how he thinks he is an OK QB.  I told him that he would be eating his insults that he threw at Dalton over the past three years, just like he should have after OSU proved their worth. 

I laid off after that point, and although I usually like his show it always pissed me off how he would slam certain teams, players, towns, etc. when the majority of his listeners would rally behind him..."yeah!  The Bungles suck!"

Pandering to the lowest common denominator is nothing new...politicians have done it for centuries.  But it is too bad he had to resort to that crap.  I thought his show was fresh and entertaining until he would start that crap. 

Just let your kid play with his kid and there's no need for "HA! GOTCHA! OSU RUULELEEZZZZZ" on a beach when your kids are playing together. I'd be embarrassed to post this publicly, yet I've seen you bring it up multiple times in the past.

Meh, I don't know, but something about this story just really gives me douche-chills.
Reply/Quote
Ask him about the Dominican quarterbacks....
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 01:51 AM)Utts Wrote: He was a harsh, but there is something to what he's saying. Andy has been just meh with average talent, and horrible with no talent (see end of last season). Now he's swimming in talent, and all of a sudden he looks like an elite QB. 

But what new talent does he have? He's got almost the exact same roster as he had last year. Plus, this roster is not that different from his rookie year. How is he NOW swimming in talent, yet the last few years he wasn't?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:11 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Just let your kid play with his kid and there's no need for "HA! GOTCHA! OSU RUULELEEZZZZZ" on a beach when your kids are playing together. I'd be embarrassed to post this publicly, yet I've seen you bring it up multiple times in the past.

Meh, I don't know, but something about this story just really gives me douche-chills.

You sure are judgmental of most many posters on here. It's too bad because you sometimes are ok when you talk about football, but that is a rarity even though it's a football related board.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:28 AM)PhilHos Wrote: But what new talent does he have? He's got almost the exact same roster as he had last year. Plus, this roster is not that different from his rookie year. How is he NOW swimming in talent, yet the last few years he wasn't?

I must say that I funny that Utts and some of the extreme Andy homers pretty much have the same argument LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:45 AM)bonesaw Wrote: You sure are judgmental of most many posters on here.  It's too bad because you sometimes are ok when you talk about football, but that is a rarity even though it's a football related board.

Did you read that story? That's being a complete tool in real life and then coming to a message board to brag about it.

At least I'm just a douche to certain people on a message board, but I treat everybody as they deserve in real life. I'll be a dick to people when they start an issue, but I'm not going to "tease" Colin Cowherd unprovoked if we're both trying to enjoy a family vacation. That's flat out douchey, sorry.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:53 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Did you read that story? That's being a complete tool in real life and then coming to a message board to brag about it.

At least I'm just a douche to certain people on a message board, but I treat everybody as they deserve in real life. I'll be a dick to people when they start an issue, but I'm not going to "tease" Colin Cowherd unprovoked if we're both trying to enjoy a family vacation. That's flat out douchey, sorry.

IT's not like he said "hey Cowterd get off the phone and watch your kid. Cowherd pushes the envelope and is very opinionated. I'm sure he doesn't mind hearing other peoples opinions. In fact from listening to his show he enjoys it even if he doesn't agree.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:58 AM)bonesaw Wrote: IT's not like he said "hey Cowterd get off the phone and watch your kid.  Cowherd pushes the envelope and is very opinionated.  I'm sure he doesn't mind hearing other peoples opinions.  In fact from listening to his show he enjoys it even if he doesn't agree.

Meh, I'm very opinionated too, and that story gave me some serious douche-chills reading it.

You're free to disagree with me though, but it's not changing my mind. Dude sounds like a pretty big loser bragging about that on the internet, and that's my thoughts on the matter.

Even if someone like Ben Rapistberger and his kids were on the beach and his kids came over to play with mine, I wouldn't do much more than try to have a normal conversation with the guy. Maybe I'm the crazy one, but I just think it's weird when people see any sort of celebrity in public and go over the top, whether it's positively or negatively. If you were in their position, would you appreciate the people that treated you like any other human being or the ones that always have to bring up stupid shit about your profession?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 08:02 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Apparently Cowherd is a little upset with people acting like Dalton has been playing great this season. I always thought this guy was a joke. He's just butthurt that he's always said Dalton is a below average QB and yet he's playing out of his mind this year. I love that he acts like all of the "great" QBs don't have weapons even though if you actually look they have pretty damn good weapons around them almost all of their career.

https://youtu.be/UdNmFopwlPw

oh so and so doesnt have any weapons...

When andy didnt have any weapons he wasnt given any benefit of the doubt.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:28 AM)PhilHos Wrote: But what new talent does he have? He's got almost the exact same roster as he had last year. Plus, this roster is not that different from his rookie year. How is he NOW swimming in talent, yet the last few years he wasn't?

Seriously? Have you been watching the games? Tyler Eifert, 1st round pick, out for the season? Marvin Jones, budding star out for the season? AJ Green at full health, rather than playing (essentially) 6 games?

I'm not sure you even know who is on this team with questions like that.

I agree with Utts. Let's not discredit Dalton for what he is doing so far this season. He is definitely playing better than he ever has outside of talent that surrounds him. But we can't discard the fact that we are actually healthy this year and have the team Hue wants. Our weapons are an ELITE talent.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 10:16 AM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Seriously? Have you been watching the games? Tyler Eifert, 1st round pick, out for the season? Marvin Jones, budding star out for the season? AJ Green at full health, rather than playing (essentially) 6 games?

I'm not sure you even know who is on this team with questions like that.

I agree with Utts. Let's not discredit Dalton for what he is doing so far this season. He is definitely playing better than he ever has outside of talent that surrounds him. But we can't discard the fact that we are actually healthy this year and have the team Hue wants. Our weapons are an ELITE talent.

Our weapons are an elite talent, but Andy wasn't making these consistently great throws even when he had most of these similar players before.

Let's not pretend that Jeremy Hill being better than BJGE is making Andy magically throw a ball with better touch than he ever has in his professional career. We can't just use the injuries in 2014 as an excuse whenever we still saw Andy attempting throws last year. I don't care if it's Sanu or Green on the route, Andy's passes are better on average this year than ever before, and I don't know how people still disagree with that.

The weapons around him have gotten better and better, but so has he. Whether it's natural progression or just some things he's been working on over the offseason, Andy looks at least somewhat transformed, and he's making great decisions and even better throws this year. You say let's not discredit Dalton but then other stuff you're saying seems like it's discrediting him.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 08:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Aw he's sad about Andrew Luck. Sad

And Chip Kelly.

Cowherd is having a tough time with all his favorites.
Reply/Quote
Should it really come as a surprise that a QB performs better when he has better players surrounding him? Isn't that entirely the point?

The argument against Dalton was that he wasn't good enough regardless of who the team put around him.

Well, that doesn't appear to be the case. When he had a decent offense in 13. He threw for 33 TDs and had the best QB rating of his career. His offense gets healthy again and not shockingly he is on pace to perform even better than that.

If it isn't one thing with Dalton, it's another. Colin's rant is just proof that some people can't give the guy credit regardless of what he does because they've convinced themselves the guy sucks.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 10:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: oh so and so doesnt have any weapons...

When andy didnt have any weapons he wasnt given any benefit of the doubt.

Agreed, his regression last year was just proof that he wasn't very good.  Never mind all the losses on offense and the first year under a new OC.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 10:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And Chip Kelly.

Cowherd is having a tough time with all his favorites.

I've said it before and will say it again, Chip Kelly and his gimmick offensive strategy is a fraud.  All it does is wear down his own defense over the course of the year.  If it weren't for that wacky NFC East the Eagles would be out of the running already.

He'll jump back to college after a couple more years of the NFL.  It don't take long for the NFL boys to figure it out.  He's a dope - just ask Nick Foles and Shady McCoy.
Reply/Quote
And now we're feeding the beast by giving him views. Shame on you! Lol
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:11 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Just let your kid play with his kid and there's no need for "HA! GOTCHA! OSU RUULELEEZZZZZ" on a beach when your kids are playing together. I'd be embarrassed to post this publicly, yet I've seen you bring it up multiple times in the past.

WTF? You sound like my wife nagging at me for something I've said to someone. What's the big deal? Btw Cowherd didn't really get fired from ESPN for his comments. He had already announced that he was leaving for Fox. After he made his comments about Dominican baseball players ESPN told him to go ahead and hit the road a week early. Cowherd never passes on an opportunity to rip baseball. He once called baseball a dying sport. I suspect the suits at ESPN got on him for that since they broadcast baseball games.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 09:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: Cowherd has always been a Dalton hater.  I'm not putting Dalton in the same category as Brady or Peyton in their prime, but he's playing at that level right now.  The OL comment is quite silly, because it's been proven that Dalton is one of the fastest in the league in getting the ball out, which makes the OL look better.  I'm not saying our OL is full of scrubs, but he does his part to enhance them.

Anybody that's watching the games can tell that there's a night and day difference between Andy in prior years and the one we've seen the first four games this year.  His AJ Green lock on mode that led to many costly turnovers in the past is gone, or at least hasn't reared it's head yet.  He's not forcing it to AJ in double coverage, and doing a great job of finding the best matchup and going there with the ball.  His pocket presence is improved.  Gone are the happy feet that led to passes sailing high.  We've seen him tuck it and pick up a few yards instead of taking coverage sacks and escape the pocket to hit downfield throws on the move, and he's never been good throwing on the run before this year.  His accaccuracy and ball placement have been tremendous.  It's not like his receivers are bailing him out with circus catches.

Great post. BTW, i have never liked Cowherd just cause he always annoyed me.

And people have to right to hate on whoever they want but as of right now, no one should be hating on
Dalton if they have a brain. Dalton right now is playing the best he has in his entire career as Whatever
here states beautifully. It is not just one thing, it is in every aspect he has improved.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 10:22 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Our weapons are an elite talent, but Andy wasn't making these consistently great throws even when he had most of these similar players before.

Let's not pretend that Jeremy Hill being better than BJGE is making Andy magically throw a ball with better touch than he ever has in his professional career. We can't just use the injuries in 2014 as an excuse whenever we still saw Andy attempting throws last year. I don't care if it's Sanu or Green on the route, Andy's passes are better on average this year than ever before, and I don't know how people still disagree with that.

The weapons around him have gotten better and better, but so has he. Whether it's natural progression or just some things he's been working on over the offseason, Andy looks at least somewhat transformed, and he's making great decisions and even better throws this year. You say let's not discredit Dalton but then other stuff you're saying seems like it's discrediting him.

Completely agree, Dalton is different so far this season. He was average so far in his career and deserved all the critics reviews and questions marks that media people like Colin said, they were seeing the same thing. An average QB surrounded by talent, however, this season Dalton is making the throws with zip and accuracy. take this past week for example, the bobbled snap would not have lead to a 36 yd pass on target to Green, the poise, roll out and pass to burkhead wouldn't have happened, the pass to Tate would have floated and allowed e defender to recover. What I have seen from Dalton so far this season deserves all the praise you can give to a QB, regardless of who his targets are. 
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Reply/Quote

The offense around Dalton is a lot different than it was his rookie year, and last year pretty much everyone was hurt. The only receiver Dalton had his rookie year that's still here is Green, and Tate. Jones and Sanu rarely played in 2012 (they had what? 30 combined receptions?). The same goes for Eifert in 2013. It's not so much "new" talent. It's more of them actually getting on the field playing. We really never had a running game until last year too.
Reply/Quote