Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Cowherd is butthurt
(10-06-2015, 09:53 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Did you read that story? That's being a complete tool in real life and then coming to a message board to brag about it.

At least I'm just a douche to certain people on a message board, but I treat everybody as they deserve in real life. I'll be a dick to people when they start an issue, but I'm not going to "tease" Colin Cowherd unprovoked if we're both trying to enjoy a family vacation. That's flat out douchey, sorry.

Cowherd puts himself in those situations with his comments.  If he wants to make his living flaming people, he needs to be able to take it when it comes back on him.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 01:07 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Cowherd puts himself in those situations with his comments.  If he wants to make his living flaming people, he needs to be able to take it when it comes back on him.  

It would be a funny moment if he were getting ribbed by Cardale Jones or Andy Dalton himself, but it seems douchey to me coming from a random Buckeye/Bengals fan on the beach.

I understand what you're saying, and I definitely think it would be acceptable if Andy himself would have done something like that. He didn't make his living flaming this random guy on a message board that's on vacation though, so I'm not a big fan of that type of behavior.
Reply/Quote
In 2013 Cowherd tried to claim that Dalton had the "best weapons in the league" around him when our running game was 28th in yards per carry and 4 of our top 6 receivers came into the season with a combined 30 career catches.
Reply/Quote
I think a redhead banged Colin's wife or something.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2013 Cowherd tried to claim that Dalton had the "best weapons in the league" around him when our running game was 28th in yards per carry and 4 of our top 6 receivers came into the season with a combined 30 career catches.

"Elite" potential.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 01:07 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Cowherd puts himself in those situations with his comments.  If he wants to make his living flaming people, he needs to be able to take it when it comes back on him.  

(10-06-2015, 01:11 PM)djs7685 Wrote: It would be a funny moment if he were getting ribbed by Cardale Jones or Andy Dalton himself, but it seems douchey to me coming from a random Buckeye/Bengals fan on the beach.

I understand what you're saying, and I definitely think it would be acceptable if Andy himself would have done something like that. He didn't make his living flaming this random guy on a message board that's on vacation though, so I'm not a big fan of that type of behavior.

I agree with you both a little.  His job is to get ratings, so he's gonna have strong opinions and talk smack to achieve that.  The blowback that results is to be expected, but still can be douchey depending on how far a random person takes it.

Every celebrity I've ever come across got treated the same by me.  Like I didn't know who they were, cuz **** 'em.  I'm the real star *****, you just don't know yet. (and prolly never will, oh well, their loss)
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2013 Cowherd tried to claim that Dalton had the "best weapons in the league" around him when our running game was 28th in yards per carry and 4 of our top 6 receivers came into the season with a combined 30 career catches.

I remember that.  Like AJ is so good, people were seeing second and third high quality weapons that didn't exist.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 08:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Aw he's sad about Andrew Luck. Sad
So am I.  I had him starting on all three of my fantasy teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 04:21 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: So am I.  I had him starting on all three of my fantasy teams.

Hell, I had Peyton.  Glad that Dalton was on the waiver wire.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:11 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good point. People have talked for 4 years about the plethora of weapons around Andy. Tbh, the weapons really haven't been outstanding until now...and look how he's performing.

Cowherd is a doosh, but I don't see how his comments were racist. He was talking about a country's educational system, not a race.

rac·ism

ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
  1. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Whether or not what he said is true, its still racist. Talking about Dominicans, not educational system.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Coward has dug himself into a hole. He's never had a good thing to say about Dalton and he's not going to start now. Meanwhile he didn't stop talking about how Kaepernick was going to be the next legend and we see how that's turned out for him. If we won the Super Bowl and Andy continued to play like this all season and post season, Coward would still not give him credit.
Reply/Quote
NEWS FLASH: Not everyone loves or respects the Bengals.

Colin's show tends to be polarizing where people love it or hate it. I remember years ago (2005 or 6?) when he first started his national show on ESPN where he dared callers to name 5 QBs better than Michael Vick. A guy (not from CIncy) called in and said Carson Palmer (Palmer was killing it for the Bengals at the time) and Colin almost spit out his drink on the guy, cutt him off, and railed against the notion for 15 minutes. I can still hear his condescending tone saying "Carson Palmer" over and over again to mock the guy. It was over the top, just like what he said about AD.

I can still enjoy his show even when I disagree with him. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. In this case, on AD, I happen to think he is so far from being correct we aren't even on the same planet, let alone ball park. AD keeps it up he (and others) will come around but it might be a season or two.

Look, the there is NOTHING sexy about the Bengals being good to the national media. It's a nightmare for them if they're a story as a contender. First, the locker room is tight and non-controversial. Second, it is one of the smallest markets in the NFL. 3rd, there aren't a lot of colorful personalities on the team. On top of all that the fan base is small compared to a lot of other even small market teams.

Go read what Chiefs Planet said about AD leading up to the game... 80% of it was really respectful and, honestly, really nice and educated. They even made a thread dedicated called "Red Rocket is Coming": http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294951

Even Ravens message boards have had nice things to say.

Clearly AD has blossomed. Even a bad game or two in a row won't change the fact that he looks like a completely different guy out there. Just because a guy out in CA hasn't come around yet doesn't make him right.
Reply/Quote
How would you like to have the last name Cowherd, wow.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 08:06 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: rac·ism

ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun

1. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Whether or not what he said is true, its still racist. Talking about Dominicans, not educational system.

Dominicans are not a race though. Its a country. Its like calling someone racist for saying Americans are one of the fattest people in the world.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 08:06 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: rac·ism

ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun

Is being from the Dominican Republic make someone of a particular race? I tend to think not in the actual sense of using the word racism. Especially if someone is referring to a country or geographic area in a general sense.

One could say that people from country XYZ are not well educated and back that up with general macro statistics. That doesn't make them a racist nor does it make those generalities or facts on people from XYZ's population absolute and pertaining to every single person from there.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 08:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dominicans are not a race though. Its a country. Its like calling someone racist for saying Americans are one of the fattest people in the world.

Americans are fat and walk very slowly. I came back from Tokyo for vacation (into detroit) and those were my first 2 comments as I landed in the airport, lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 04:21 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: So am I.  I had him starting on all three of my fantasy teams.

His new name is Andy Luck.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 02:20 AM)Utts Wrote: The point of contention isn't how he's playing right now, it's more about why.

He is playing at an insane level right now and its not do just to an improved roster.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:58 AM)bonesaw Wrote: IT's not like he said "hey Cowterd get off the phone and watch your kid.  Cowherd pushes the envelope and is very opinionated.  I'm sure he doesn't mind hearing other peoples opinions.  In fact from listening to his show he enjoys it even if he doesn't agree.

DJ has been on the ignore list for some time (really improved the quality of the board) but when you copy and pasted his response, I felt compelled to respond to it.

If me defending something I know and love to a public figure who hides behind a microphone and never has to answer publicly for his criticisms is the height of douchebaggery, then so be it.  I do not take kindly to people insulting the town I am from or the team I love.  He would never take a caller to defend the issue...rather he is the ultimate hit-and-run ***** that makes me sick.  That is the height of douchebaggery.

As he wipes Andrew Luck off his chin every morning, he fails to mention all the weapons at HIS disposal, the absolute JOKE of a division he competes in, or the turnovers his golden boy is responsible for.

Dalton has done nothing but improve every year until his first year with Hue where his offense was decimated by injuries.  Now, he is back on track.  And don't give me that "check down, weak arm" crap, either.  He leads the league in passes over 25 yards and he has also shown improvement at scrambling and creating improvisations on the run.  If he doesn't want to acknowledge his actual accomplishments, fine, but give the tired "his QB rating in December is...." a rest.  That is just stupid, uninformed garbage.  Sure, his first two seasons were poor, but he did have 332 yards against SD and was in position to win that game.  He also did all he could against the Colts with a depleted offense.  If he can't see that he played better in each one, then that is just too bad.  He looks for any reason to support his love of Luck and hatred for Dalton.  He is running out of excuses so he ducks under the cover of "look at his December numbers", knowing full well he can't change that until December. 

And if you read my post, DJ, his son approached ME and MY SON and wanted to play with us because he dad was too busy talking on the phone and sunbathing to play with his son.  Who is the Dbag, DJ?  Other than you, it is Cowherd. 
Reply/Quote
When we talk about Cowherd, we validate Cowherd. Do any of you really think he has any conviction for his own tripe? He's Skip Bayless on the radio.
Reply/Quote