Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Collins SIGNED!
(03-20-2022, 10:53 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I wasn’t a Collins cheer leader, but these coaches and FA have earned our benefit of the doubt with their past years performances. Even when they won 2 & 4 games they were drafting and signing the right guys that took them to a SB.  Great he’s signed, I’m sure he’ll be a stud and protect Burrow like he’s made out of bone China.

Oh I agree everything so far has been great.  But what I am saying is that a lot of teams in the AFC have loaded up this year.   It isn't going to be an easy road.  So there is still a lot of work to do to get back on top.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: And to think I was roasted a few months ago over this very common sense take....  RB, TE and Slot will become low paid positions moving forward (assuming we keep Tee, nonetheless QB, WR1, Oline and some receiver will be the priority spots)

Neither Boyd nor Mixon is going anywhere until their contracts are up.

Beyond that you may be correct, but neither is getting released while under contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: What do we post about now that Collins is signed?

Stephon. Gilmore. Let’s get em and LFG!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Neither Boyd nor Mixon is going anywhere until their contracts are up.

Beyond that you may be correct, but neither is getting released while under contract.

Released, no. Traded… maybe. See Robert woods today. It all depends on how the team continues to build and where they need to spread the cap.

I’m glad that so far they are both still part of the team, as they are big contributors, but one year down the road, who knows what this team looks like. For example, if the bengals take a WR in round one, or two, that out produces boyd… can they afford to pay their “number 4” 10m?

If that happens, that’s a home run pick by the bengals.
Reply/Quote
Just think if they release Waynes and sign another $10 million-a-year free agent to add to what we have now.

A top of the line starting CB.

That would be insane

It could happen.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just think if they release Waynes and sign another $10 million-a-year free agent to add to what we have now.

It could happen.

Either it will happen, or Wayne’s will get restructured and they still pick up someone else.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You don't know why he couldn't beat him out and he played well at LG last year. It's not a "big weak spot".

I think it is pretty obvious why he couldn't beat him out, he had back surgery last year and likely couldn't make it through a full game without reaggravating his back injury.  That is the only explanation that makes sense, why else would an inferior player start over him week after week.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just think if they release Waynes and sign another $10 million-a-year free agent to add to what we have now.

A top of the line starting CB.

That would be insane

It could happen.

I saw somewhere that with have around $12 million space without Waynes salary factoring in.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 05:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: 3 year deal by the way, so the O line should stay intact for a while.

Nice. The Draft is open now, I thought it would happen but I stayed away a bit as the negativism around here was getting me down.

The Bengals done what they needed to and evidently the hip isn't too bad with La'el so that is great.

Wouldn't of wanted us to sign him if he was injured badly. 

Great news all the way around and got a top RT as well as the interior upgraded while adding an upgrade in the passing game in HH.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Am down with this as well, can't wait for the draft now and to see what Ossai brings to the table. 

Yes sir. Draft and free agency are fun to follow. Helps get through the end of winter.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Neither Boyd nor Mixon is going anywhere until their contracts are up.

Mixon has a 12M cap hit in 2023 and a 13M cap hit in 2024.

He may be here those years, but I wasn’t sure. Now that Fred who is never wrong has spoken we all know that these guys will be here until their contracts expire.

Thanks for straightening that out Fred and forgive any of us that may have opinions.

Reply/Quote
WhoDey think gonna sack Joe Burrow? NOOOOBODYYYY!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Mixon has a 12M cap hit in 2023 and a 13M cap hit in 2024.

He may be here those years, but I wasn’t sure.  Now that Fred who is never wrong has spoken we all know that these guys will be here until their contracts expire.

Thanks for straightening that out Fred and forgive any of us that may have opinions.
This is far from the old Bengals FO, they do cut guys. AS far as Boyd goes, the draft opened up and we have Huggins hitting FA in 2023 I do believe, so very possible if the right WR (someone like Williams who would be a top 10 pick if healthy) or if we trade down int round 2 and there is a beast (best RB) un this draft available all bets are off. 
But, I think Mixon is going to have a massive year, Boyd may be expendable depending how draft shakes out and I do think there are teams that would trade for Boyd if we hit a home run in the draft making him expendable.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Mixon has a 12M cap hit in 2023 and a 13M cap hit in 2024.

He may be here those years, but I wasn’t sure.  Now that Fred who is never wrong has spoken we all know that these guys will be here until their contracts expire.

Expect different then. Fred isn't right often.

RB's that are used like Mixon don't last long either. Kind of hoping we draft a RB now that the OL is upgraded well to spell the man.

Fun times, been since the Mixon/Kamara/Dalvin Draft since I have been looking at RB's to draft. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:57 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Oh I agree everything so far has been great.  But what I am saying is that a lot of teams in the AFC have loaded up this year.   It isn't going to be an easy road.  So there is still a lot of work to do to get back on top.

Moreso than the work, STAY HEALTHY!

(03-20-2022, 11:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I saw somewhere that with have around $12 million space without Waynes salary factoring in.

And that's going to draft picks. It's really like 3-4 million left.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

People said the same thing about Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap. 

Don't know how anyone can talk in absolutes about a year or two from now. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I saw somewhere that with have around $12 million space without Waynes salary factoring in.

I think that is before Collins, Eli and Tupou are deducted.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:29 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: People said the same thing about Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap. 

I don't think anyone is talking about them being disabled by injury or squeezed out by the coaches.

Instead we are talking about them not producing enough to justify their salary.  That is why they were using the very specific term "cap casualty".

I actually agree that when Boyd is gone we probably won't pay our #3 WR that much, but Tyler will play out his contract here.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:29 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: People said the same thing about Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap. 

No doubt, you happy now Schmitbuck?
Reply/Quote

No they won’t be released 1000% correct. Those 2 are Mike Browns 2 most favorite players
Reply/Quote