Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Collins SIGNED!
(03-21-2022, 01:12 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Such an amazing move. Easily the best RT we've had since Big Willie. 

Wasn’t Andre smith pretty good for a few years? I know he didn’t live up to #6 Ovr but he helped anchor the right side of some pretty good OLs for the bengals.

But I agree, collins is better. I just always like perspective, as smith was the best between the two.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 01:22 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I like Chris Evans a lot. I would have liked to have seen even more of him last season. 

Believe we will this season

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: What do we post about now that Collins is signed?

I would say the draft is the next thing. Maybe if they sign a big name corner
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
All I can say is Good God Almighty !!!  What a freak! This dude may kill somebody and then eat 'em for lunch. My Lord!!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1505723391046828034
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 01:36 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would say the draft is the next thing. Maybe if they sign a big name corner

I would not be opposed to that, but the CB (and safety) class is pretty strong. 

Elam, Booth, Goron, McCreary all could be there at 31. Woolen is an interesting prospect who could be around at 62. 

At S, Hill (S/CB hybrid), Cine, Brisker, Pitre. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 01:49 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I would not be opposed to that, but the CB (and safety) class is pretty strong. 

Elam, Booth, Goron, McCreary all could be there at 31. Woolen is an interesting prospect who could be around at 62. 

At S, Hill (S/CB hybrid), Cine, Brisker, Pitre. 

Take a real good look at Elam. I just don't think it's a good fit here.  If I had a narrow down to one thing I think it's his tackling which can be improved I guess.  

I think if a three technique defensive tackles there, that's who they take
Reply/Quote
Snacking on Myles Garrett in college:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1505657850965598212
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 01:54 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Snacking on Myles Garrett in college:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1505657850965598212

That's pretty cool. I'm sure both have improved techniques though.  Someone put a video of Collins destroying bosa in the NFL. It was pretty satisfying.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 01:52 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Take a real good look at Elam. I just don't think it's a good fit here.  If I had a narrow down to one thing I think it's his tackling which can be improved I guess.  

I think if a three technique defensive tackles there, that's who they take

I agree with you on Elam. 

Leal is a bit of a reach, with a red flag (weed), but I'd be OK with him. 

I really like Daxton Hill out of Michigan. S/CB. 4.38 speed. Good enough coverage skills to play some nickel corner and good enough in run support to play some SS and great speed to play CF. 

My list would be something like: 

1) A stud who falls. This what BPA is all about. Immediate starter level guy. Linderbaum, Johnson, or Kenyon Green on the IOL. Nakobe Dean at LB. I could see Ojabo (Edge) or Jameson Williams (WR) being there due to injury concerns. 

2) CB, S, or a DT (not a nose tackle).  

Once Day 2 rolls around, TE, WR, and LB on the board as well. I could see Edge as well, but I think we really like Ossai and have Kareen (who PFF loved), Cam Sample, & Hubert. Ditto on IOL. Carman, Smith, Hill, and Adeniji are still here and all should improve. I'd rather bring back Spain for cheap than draft a middling OL prospect. We have a lot of those already. 

We can also take some upside swings cause guys likely won't have to play right away (Woolen, Faalele, Christian Watson, etc).
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Prince, Adeniji, and Carman...I don't know if 2 of those guys are even backup nfl caliber.

I'd see if Reiff would take like $4 million a year as a backup. Both Jonah and Collins miss a lot of games.

Williams didn't miss a game last season did he?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The game day thread is something else to say the least.

Yeah, I had to quit it. Too over the top for me. Seems like a lot of posters that never played any organized sports, no sense of overcoming adversity.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think we should give those guys a break. It isnt as if the Bengals have not shown rampant ineptness and incompetence for decades. 

Next offseason these fellas should have more patience and restraint.

If last off-season didn't give them the restraint, nothing will. I used to rail on them every FA period. Then last season happened.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am great. To get Cappa, Karras and Collins over Adeniji, Hop and Prince is the craziest upgrade I have seen honestly. Rock On

It is a mindblower that’s for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 01:03 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The other absolutist.... you were very adamant that we were going with only Reiff, Spain and free agent center as if you were sitting in Duke's office....

Carmen was also Mike Brown's favorite....

Guilty
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:01 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Guilty

Big props for the man-up. Respect.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 05:39 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Per Adam Schefter... welcome big fella!

Paul Dehner is saying it's a 3 year deal... no info on $$$ yet

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FAdamSchefter%2Fstatus%2F1505644478383726600&widget=Tweet

Said loudly and as though it is one word:

LET'S F'n GO!!!

(only my verbal wasn't edited)
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:19 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: I’d like to see the details but the offensive line is nearly set (still not sure about LG). If we can convince Tretter to come and kick Karras to LG that would be PERFECT.

Now sign another CB so we can go pure BPA in the draft.

Or draft Linderbaum and move Karras to LG.  Linderbaum's deal would be 5 years for very little money.  
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:23 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Regardless of how tough the division is, this is a 12-5 team at the bare minimum, IMO.

Of course, injuries can happen, etc, but I look at how the team FINISHED the year (defense was STOUT and Burrow on fire) compared to early in the year and now you add the improvements on the offensive line, the return of Ossai, and a wide-open draft and your prediction seems very reasonable.  
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:05 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Really opens up the draft for us, I wouldn't be opposed to shopping the RD 1 pick for later picks in RD 2 to really improve the roster depth. Dream scenerio for me:

Bengals trade #31 to Jacksonville

Jaguars trade #33(2) and 106(4)

-Jaguars secure Their guy , while we have multiple guys were interested in and get an extra pick to boot, giving us #33, #63, #95, #106, #136 in first 4 rounds!!

I hear ya, but if a guy they like is there at 31, you don't give up that 5th year option for just a 4th round pick.  I don't care what the value chart says.  An extra year paying a guy like Linderbaum next to nothing on his rookie deal is priceless...
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Remember when Carson was running his mouth during Super Bowl week about the Bengals not doing anything to help Burrow…

I don't care what side you were on when he whined his way out of town, but I didn't care for his actions then at all.  I have called him "The Quitter" and will always hate him for taking massive money then taking his ball and going home.

Now, he feels the need to keep poking his head back in the room and taking shots at the organization.  

He just looks like a jealous bytch at this point.

In the immortal words of Tyler Boyd (Directed at Carlos Dunlap at the time):  "Suck a turd"
Reply/Quote