Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Collins SIGNED!
(03-20-2022, 08:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: TE, CB, LG, DT are our biggest needs.

Then S because of free agency.

And can always use DE.

There are no immediate needs for 2022 that the draft can address. But there are need’s everywhere starting in 2023. Take out QB and every position can use talent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 03:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: If last off-season didn't give them the restraint, nothing will. I used to rail on them every FA period. Then last season happened.

I would maybe understand some of the Collins drama if they hadn't gone out and gotten Cappa and Karras in the first few hours of the tampering period.  And it's not like a bunch of T's have been signed, either.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 09:24 AM)Whatever Wrote: I would maybe understand some of the Collins drama if they hadn't gone out and gotten Cappa and Karras in the first few hours of the tampering period.  And it's not like a bunch of T's have been signed, either.

Terron Armstead is still out there, FAs top player in the market.

When healthy he really is one of the best, but why he hasn’t signed anywhere I do not know
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:20 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Big props for the man-up. Respect.

Anecdote is that Collins became available after my assertion. Had they not got him what would have happened? Had they not taken Collins the prospects of another not so great. Plans change. Pollack wanted Collins and they moved on him. Glad they did but I’m not so sure their original plan was to do what I suggested.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 01:47 AM)Science Friction Wrote: All I can say is Good God Almighty !!!  What a freak! This dude may kill somebody and then eat 'em for lunch. My Lord!!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1505723391046828034

Too soon
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Just saw this. Great news!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote

Still over the moon with this signing, but I kind of wish they signed him for longer than 2 years. Oh well. Hopefully he’s still playing at a high level in a couple years and we can extend him.

Reply/Quote
You gotta love when a plan comes together. Upgraded 3 spots on the O-Line over a month before the draft even starts. Really love that I no longer can complain much because they are out here making moves early, addressing needs, freaking clearly tampering (like everyone does), not letting a player leave you really want. Great job Bengals FO.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Still over the moon with this signing, but I kind of wish they signed him for longer than 2 years. Oh well. Hopefully he’s still playing at a high level in a couple years and we can extend him.

Ok, I’m back to being confused again lol. So we DO have him for 3 years?

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

seems like a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Yea, he already admitted he was wrong in saying what he did. They said the same thing last year with Reiff and Reiff had a void year.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, he already admitted he was wrong in saying what he did. They said the same thing last year with Reiff and Reiff had a void year.

[Image: 47065598522_ae0d001d73.jpg]

I hate contract stuff lol. So Collins will be a Bengal for 3 years, yes?

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 47065598522_ae0d001d73.jpg]

No one knows yet, his position was that it WASN'T a void year because of how it was stated the point more so is we don't know yet but Schefter alludes to it being a void year.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 47065598522_ae0d001d73.jpg]

Well...that's where the confusion is because it's being reported that he's under contract through the 2024 season...but it's "basically" 2 years, 22M (potentially).

Don't complain though. We all need something to argue about. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Who cares, we have him for 2 and can resign him. Maybe by then Smith will be a mauler.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Who cares, we have him for 2 and can resign him. Maybe by then Smith will be a mauler.

Plenty of people? It’s just nice to know. I’ll be happy either way, but I’ll be happier with 3 years than 2.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Who cares, we have him for 2 and can resign him. Maybe by then Smith will be a mauler.

I sure hope Smith develops well because you can't coach length and he has plenty.  It'll be interesting to see where they place him in a roster either at guard or tackle
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Line goes from worst in the league and worst line Iv ever seen as a fan to on paper a line that should be on par with the lines Carson Palmer had
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 03:02 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: If last off-season didn't give them the restraint, nothing will. I used to rail on them every FA period. Then last season happened.

Im thinking any lingering doubts about the FO should be erased by now, with this signing. I never was worried about this offseason in particular, but I understood it, having lived through the utter betrayal that was Mike’s early tenure. Day after day, week after week, season after season of bone crunching bone headed moves. For my part, I will never mention them again. New Dey, indeed.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:46 AM)Housh Wrote: Line goes from worst in the league and worst line Iv ever seen as a fan to on paper a line that should be on par with the lines Carson Palmer had

Ummm Carsons lines were generally terrible after 2005.  

or at least never close to 2005 level again..

We have talent now but it will need to gel and mesh.
Reply/Quote