Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Collins SIGNED!
(03-20-2022, 11:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No they won’t be released 1000% correct. Those 2 are Mike Browns 2 most favorite players

Ughhh I can think of a few different favorites. 9 and 1 come to mind.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:41 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Ughhh I can think of a few different favorites.  9 and 1 come to mind.

You sure would think so lol
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt, you happy now Schmitbuck?

Pumped man. Free agency has been better than what I hoped it'd be. Can't wait to see what they do in the draft. 

You good?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:46 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Pumped man. Free agency has been better than what I hoped it'd be. Can't wait to see what they do in the draft. 

You good?

I am great. To get Cappa, Karras and Collins over Adeniji, Hop and Prince is the craziest upgrade I have seen honestly. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Expect different then. Fred isn't right often.

RB's that are used like Mixon don't last long either. Kind of hoping we draft a RB now that the OL is upgraded well to spell the man.

Fun times, been since the Mixon/Kamara/Dalvin Draft since I have been looking at RB's to draft. 
Would love to have Breece Hall. On top of that he's cousins with former 49ers RB Roger Craig.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No they won’t be released 1000% correct. Those 2 are Mike Browns 2 most favorite players

Yeah right.  The girl-puncher and the guy who wrecked his car with drugs and alcohol in it.

I seriously doubt either of those guys is a MB favorite.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:54 PM)pulses Wrote: Would love to have Breece Hall. On top of that he's cousins with former 49ers RB Roger Craig.

They just drafted Chris Evans,not that long ago.He is a good rb.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am great. To get Cappa, Karras and Collins over Adeniji, Hop and Prince is the craziest upgrade I have seen honestly. Rock On

To put this in perspective...they've been trying to fix the line for like 5 years.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 05:40 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Glad it finally got done! F yeah! Joe company going to tear it up

Both Joes.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think anyone is talking about them being disabled by injury or squeezed out by the coaches.

Instead we are talking about them not producing enough to justify their salary.  That is why they were using the very specific term "cap casualty".

I actually agree that when Boyd is gone we probably won't pay our #3 WR that much, but Tyler will play out his contract here.

Potato/Potahto
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:57 PM)bengalsboy Wrote: They just drafted Chris Evans,not that long ago.He is a good rb.

Yes he is. But we need someone to take Perine's spot. More of a bruiser. Evans is not that type of back.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 12:29 AM)pulses Wrote: Yes he is. But we need someone to take Perine's spot. More of a bruiser. Evans is not that type of back.

I agree... also I could see us running the ball even more this season with our new line.  Need to limit the damage a long season takes on running backs you really need two these days.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 12:31 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I agree... also I could see us running the ball even more this season with our new line.  Need to limit the damage a long season takes on running backs you really need two these days.

I wouldn't even mind getting a back  with more speed who can break a big one.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just think if they release Waynes and sign another $10 million-a-year free agent to add to what we have now.

A top of the line starting CB.

That would be insane

It could happen.

It would definitely make Bengals hand insanely pat if they did made this move. Makes me rub my hands together grinning evilly while pondering such a team. 

Not pretending to know so this is more of a question. Do we have enough money left to sign our draft picks or would we need to make this kind of move (dropping Wayne) just to cover the Collins signing and the draft picks. 

Is anybody keeping track of remaining cap space ?  Because if what Fred is suggesting is a possibility then why not go all in 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

The other absolutist.... you were very adamant that we were going with only Reiff, Spain and free agent center as if you were sitting in Duke's office....

Carmen was also Mike Brown's favorite....

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 01:00 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It would definitely make Bengals hand insanely pat if they did made this move. Makes me rub my hands together while grinning evilly while pondering such a team. 

Not pretending to know so this is more of a question. Do we have enough money left to sign our draft picks or would we need to make this kind of move (dropping Wayne) just to cover the Collins signing and the draft picks. 

Is anybody keeping track of remaining cap space ?  Because if what Fred is suggesting is a possibility then why not go all in 

Top53 Cap Room is at 13,084,909

This includes net rookie hits, practice squad, & offseason workout payments.

This number does not include Collins, Apple, or Tupou.

This number does include Waynes salary (add $10M upon his cut)

Reply/Quote
Such an amazing move. Easily the best RT we've had since Big Willie. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:57 PM)bengalsboy Wrote: They just drafted Chris Evans,not that long ago.He is a good rb.

Like him a lot as well but believe Perrine can be upgraded and subscribe to the theory that fresh legged RB's can always be useful, even if only on ST. 

Ravens lost all 3 RB's before their season even started last year it seems.  It's a position that takes a pounding and needs refreshed often imo. 

Mostly the Bengals have fresh legs except for Mixon who is a stud though. 

Yet Perrine does not really do anything great. Would think by his size he would be more powerful but he seems to want to run with finesse and is not really NFL fast enough to do so. He needs to get behind his pads and use his power more and punish tacklers with that size imo. 

Plus watching Joe's desperation throw to end SB flutter to the ground in front of him with no effort to catch sticks in my crawl. Mixon would have broken an arm trying to catch it and believe Evans would have as well. 

Oh well rant over and will let Zac make this call per we are not toothless at RB and with new O-line everybody should run better.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 01:12 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Top53 Cap Room is at 13,084,909

This includes net rookie hits, practice squad, & offseason workout payments.

This number does not include Collins, Apple, or Tupou.

This number does include Waynes salary (add $10M upon his cut)
Thanks

Got to think Collins, Apple, and Tupou would exhaust this money. 

But if it does only exhaust it or almost all of it then Freds theory of dropping Waynes and giving it to another CB is plausible. 

Lets do it 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I like Chris Evans a lot. I would have liked to have seen even more of him last season. 
Reply/Quote