Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Collins SIGNED!
(03-20-2022, 09:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Very happy, but also not happy for all the people here that went into disaster mode when there were rumors he would not be signed.   Tongue

But hey friends, we have a decent O-line now.   Rock On

Those same people go into disaster mode every GameDay thread if we go down 3-0 in the first 2 minutes of a game, just gotta get used to it.  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:03 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Those same people go into disaster mode every GameDay thread if we go down 3-0 in the first 2 minutes of a game, just gotta get used to it.  Hilarious

That’s just not true. It truly is incredible how much hate a fan base has for one another.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:53 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Maybe it is time for you to stop following Carson Palmer on Twitter.  

A)I'm not on twitter, and B) it's the daily diatribe from several posters here...
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:06 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: That’s just not true. It truly is incredible how much hate a fan base has for one another.

Oh it is absolutely true. Heck we can be up 7-0 and the other team ties the game there’s a crew of people that will complain we are going to lose.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How will anyone be a cap casualty when they're still currently under the cap and it will go up in 2023?

I said next offseason and I said 'potentially'. We don't know how much the cap will go up, but there are a lot of scenarios they could cut Mixon or Boyd next offseason. 

Maybe the production of Mixon or Boyd drop big time.
Maybe they decide to extend Burrow or Higgins or Bates or Bell or Wilson or Pratt or Jonah or Hurst, and they need extra cap space.
Maybe they want to sign some big outside free agents next off-season and want the space.
Reply/Quote
So is it 2 years or 3? I’m confused…

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote:

This man never buys a meal in Cincinnati again. I don't care how big his contract is. 

That Cincy Swagger is thick!!
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Future years i could see as a possibility since his cap it in '24 will be 13.1M with only 2.7M dead. Next year, like they were saying, i can't see that at all. 

Designate in a post 6/1 release next off-season and it's 2.7M dead both years. 
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/f_z8E6E3iYo
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:07 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I said next offseason and I said 'potentially'. We don't know how much the cap will go up, but there are a lot of scenarios they could cut Mixon or Boyd next offseason. 

Maybe the production of Mixon or Boyd drop big time.
Maybe they decide to extend Burrow or Higgins or Bates or Bell or Wilson or Pratt or Jonah or Hurst, and they need extra cap space.
Maybe they want to sign some big outside free agents next off-season and want the space.

Mixon's contract only goes up 1.4M from '22 to '23 but his dead cap is still 5.5M. Boyd's dead does go down to 1.4M but i'd rather expect them to restructure and add a couple years at a lower cap hit. If i'm Boyd, i don't know how much interest a 29 yr old WR is going to get on the open market and he has a pretty good gig going here. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:43 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Oh so the front office did do their job after all? Well, what is everyone going to gripe about now?

No offense but when I was poking fun at DennyG for griping you chimed in and stated that "he was right to be doing so" merely hours ago ? 

Oh well I'm too happy to care and understand peoples frustration per wanting Collins so badly. 

Go Bengals !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd love to see us add another pass rusher. Ossai is coming back, but another would be nice.

Am down with this as well, can't wait for the draft now and to see what Ossai brings to the table. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:07 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Oh it is absolutely true. Heck we can be up 7-0 and the other team ties the game there’s a crew of people that will complain we are going to lose.

Or if the Bengals go 3 and out and punt after their first possession, "Game over!  I knew they would lose!  Why do I follow this team? They suck and will never win anything."   Hilarious

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Once your QB makes $50 million, it puts a premium on drafting players that can contribute. It's going to be interesting at that point.

We're in 'easy mode' for a GM now with a great QB on a rookie deal.

It does and we all on here knew. That is why this window of opportunity is so important.  Glad the bengals realized it and went into attack mode. 

No matter where the fat is to be trimmed it will be some of our favorite high paid players. Mixon, Higgins, and Bates immediately come to mind. 

Love all these players but their salary is high and play positions that can be found in draft unfortunately. Maybe Boyd too but don't see him commanding much money to help enough. . 

But success should bring them all mega contracts from other teams. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Okay.. As great as this news is I do want to remind everyone that this season has just started. A lot of teams in the AFC have loaded up so far in free agency. Great signings so far but there is still work to do. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mixon's contract only goes up 1.4M from '22 to '23 but his dead cap is still 5.5M. Boyd's dead does go down to 1.4M but i'd rather expect them to restructure and add a couple years at a lower cap hit. If i'm Boyd, i don't know how much interest a 29 yr old WR is going to get on the open market and he has a pretty good gig going here. 

You're leaving out the cap savings, purposely? Mixon would be 10.1M in cap savings post 6/1 next year, Boyd $8.9M. Both/either/neither could be options if they needed the cap space next year and had good backup options. Yes, restructuring is also an option, but you don't see that very often with RBs.
Reply/Quote
I can’t believe how stoked I am at this news. To see the front office so vigorously attack their biggest weakness to improve the team is something I never thought I’d see. Can’t wait to be back in the jungle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
What do we post about now that Collins is signed?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Okay.. As great as this news is I do want to remind everyone that this season has just started. A lot of teams in the AFC have loaded up so far in free agency. Great signings so far but there is still work to do. :)

I wasn’t a Collins cheer leader, but these coaches and FA have earned our benefit of the doubt with their past years performances. Even when they won 2 & 4 games they were drafting and signing the right guys that took them to a SB. Great he’s signed, I’m sure he’ll be a stud and protect Burrow like he’s made out of bone China.
Reply/Quote