Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Collins SIGNED!
(03-20-2022, 06:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh...I'm happy he's here too.

We have lineman that can run block now!

Just one? Wow...Jonah Williams is a high caliber LT, not to mention the additions of Karras and Cappa. I believe you are selling some players short.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, in the 90s when Williams was here...they were horribly managed.

To maintain the narrative that the Cincinnati Bengals is the worst managed sports program of all sports based on the 1990s is at the very least lazy journalism and in my opinion a hate narrative 

Good talk to the players who have been here the last couple years. See what they say. This really gets underneath my skin
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:43 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Oh so the front office did do their job after all? Well, what is everyone going to gripe about now?

Maybe they'll botch pick 31?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:37 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This is good news and really a team without any big needs. RG has a lot of competition so someone should emerge and win the spot l.

I would trade up not down this year. Screw it - they have a great roster so go all in if someone you want starts slipping on draft day.  My dream would be to get one of the Georgia D lineman but I think they will be gone early…how far up can you move by giving up your 1st, 2nd and maybe a 5th?  Maybe next year’s 2nd rounder. This is a roster that is already pretty loaded so you have to think like a team that expects to be picking at bottom of the draft in 2023.
I am just not wanting them to give up next years first rounder. I don’t think they have a need that would warrant that kind of sacrifice.

Cappa is playing RG
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 05:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: So now the 30 pages of absolute immature meltdowns, we just forget that happened right? Like everyone who was convinced our Fo had no clue what they were doing they all admit they were wrong? They were cheap, idiots, etc….right?

Nope those folks will not admit that they went Chicken Little and that they resorted to the ridiculous accusations we have seen so frequently in the past.
Reply/Quote
This truly allows us to draft BPA available in every round!!! No real glaring needs IMO, but yes depth is needed at some key positions.
Reply/Quote
Interesting....

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 05:42 PM)Okeana Wrote: imagine criticizing other people for being immature while posting this.

Yet the beauty of it is that is spot on!
Reply/Quote
Malik was wright again!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 05:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: So now the 30 pages of absolute immature meltdowns, we just forget that happened right? Like everyone who was convinced our Fo had no clue what they were doing they all admit they were wrong? They were cheap, idiots, etc….right?

To be fair we got bad information from Mike Garafolo saying Collins was leaving Cincinnati but apparently he was just leaving the building for the night.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 05:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think sports are more important than ever today for many reasons, hence why fans are so passionate.

Being passionate does not mean you should not be able to look at a situation subjectively and apply at least basic logic to it.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:48 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Yet the beauty of it is that is spot on!

Now, get Spain back in the mix for Carmen’s insurance.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd say depth is an issue. Guys get hurt, so we need quality backups. Or else Reiff goes down and you Starr Prince.

Depth? We have young guys who started last year in the Super Bowl, albeit they struggled, but they also are young and Pollack needs to develop them, none of them have peaked yet. It also is day 5 of FA and we have a draft of 7 guys to develop depth everywhere.

No team has 1st team all pros waiting in the wings for an injury.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
La'el Collins fills the biggest hole on the biggest area of need on the team and plays at a high level.

The Bengals should be able to run to the right behind Ted Karras, Alex Cappa, La'el Collins, and Drew Sample.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:46 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: This truly allows us to draft BPA available in every round!!! No real glaring needs IMO, but yes depth is needed at some key positions.

It is nice that signing the three OL free agents increases Duke's flexibility to improve the team at pick 31. He doesn't have to narrow in on an OL now, can take the best player, or trade up or back in the draft without having to overly worry about the OL when making the pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:37 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This is good news and really a team without any big needs. RG has a lot of competition so someone should emerge and win the spot l.

I would trade up not down this year. Screw it - they have a great roster so go all in if someone you want starts slipping on draft day.  My dream would be to get one of the Georgia D lineman but I think they will be gone early…how far up can you move by giving up your 1st, 2nd and maybe a 5th?  Maybe next year’s 2nd rounder. This is a roster that is already pretty loaded so you have to think like a team that expects to be picking at bottom of the draft in 2023.
I am just not wanting them to give up next years first rounder. I don’t think they have a need that would warrant that kind of sacrifice.

I think this last signing has opened up the draft so much we could potentially trade up. But I'd still prefer to trade down if we were going one way or the other. If we could manage to get OL, CB, LB and DT in no particular order in the 1st 3 RDs that would give us solid depth and hopefully future starters.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Cappa is playing RG

Yeah LG is the weak spot…hopefully Carman will shine in his second year.
Reply/Quote

Duke getting some love.
Reply/Quote
Told ya not to get your panties ruffled !!! LOL I figured he was gonna be ours. You don't go hang out at the mall if there's little chance that your signing with the Stripes!!! I was 90-95% sure he would be signing with us this week.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:49 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Being passionate does not mean you should not be able to look at a situation subjectively and apply at least basic logic to it

Emotions have no logic
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote