Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Collins SIGNED!
That's a real nice turnaround for the OL.

Really hope they don't go into the season expecting Carman to start, but I feel pretty good about the OL now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: This team will be able to run the ball all the time not just short yardage. I don’t think many realize how much tougher the Bengals will be to defend with a tough run game. It will work hand in hand with pass pro. Mixon is going to go off.

Bengals were 27th in rushing ypa. This just helped the run game TREMENDOUSLY
Reply/Quote
Taylor and Callahan about to open that playbook the **** up!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Now we have 4/5ths of a line. I would still like to sign another G or C but Burrow should get hit much less than last season. 3rd and 1 will no longer be our kryptonite. Now we should be favorites to win division.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: This team will be able to run the ball all the time not just short yardage. I don’t think many realize how much tougher the Bengals will be to defend with a tough run game. It will work hand in hand with pass pro. Mixon is going to go off.

If we can consistently convert 3rd and 4th and shorts we would have won the Super Bowl, let’s see it happen.
Reply/Quote
This is like a dream offseason so far, props to the Bengals front office.
Reply/Quote
I’d like to see the details but the offensive line is nearly set (still not sure about LG). If we can convince Tretter to come and kick Karras to LG that would be PERFECT.

Now sign another CB so we can go pure BPA in the draft.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Hell yeah!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Regardless of how tough the division is, this is a 12-5 team at the bare minimum, IMO.
Reply/Quote
I imagine the Collins presser is going to be entertaining to say the lease. A lot of people were on edge waiting on this signing
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's a real nice turnaround for the OL.

Really hope they don't go into the season expecting Carman to start, but I feel pretty good about the OL now.

No doubt, I feel good about the line except Carman, I have a feeling since it is a Mike Brown pick Carman will stick around way longer than he should.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well im guessing spain will be cut now.. still need to draft a tackle early

How are they gonna cut a free agent?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Title says signed. I see he has agreed to sign, I want this too, but until he inks a contract, I am hopeful, but not sold it is a done deal.

Hopefully I just missed it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How are they gonna cut a free agent?

Shank him with a knife in the alley
Reply/Quote
I know Deshaun Watson going to the Browns is worrisome for a lot of people, but IMO Browns fans should be TERRIFIED of a Joe Burrow with time to throw.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:19 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: This is like a dream offseason so far, props to the Bengals front office.

Absolutely!  Got lucky Collins hit the market late, but well played. Like to see them finish it off with an average corner and Spain or worse IOL.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:19 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: This is like a dream offseason so far, props to the Bengals front office.

You couldn't have said it better: "dream offseason so far."
Reply/Quote
Anyone know if Jonahs 5th year option has been picked up yet? With the lengths of the 3 free agent contracts, I could see drafting a mid round tackle to take over in lieu of an extension for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:23 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: No doubt, I feel good about the line except Carman, I have a feeling since it is a Mike Brown pick Carman will stick around way longer than he should.

I think they will move back in the draft so they can get another pic like a wide receiver later but I wouldn't mind them moving up this year and grab that kid from Boston. Zion Johnson
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Let’s see if they fix the actual weakest link in LG, or if somebody steps up and plays ok

Carman and Smith will be options 1a and 1b. Pollack feels that Carman is more comfortable on the left side and is "happy with the choices he's made recently". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote