Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Collins SIGNED!
Both "sides" did plenty of shifting and whining.

So let's just be happy we have a top 10ish o-line now.

It's a great day for Bengals fans.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:06 PM)M.W. Wrote: Without a doubt!  The offensive line has gone from.... offensive to pretty darned good to great, the weakest link has been fixed.

Who-Dey!

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger

Let’s see if they fix the actual weakest link in LG, or if somebody steps up and plays ok
Reply/Quote
This was a big get. I think Tackle is off the board (early). Line should be much improved even with the questions at LG.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Collins and Hurst are Burrow effect signings, yes.

Money talks. Straight up. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Very happy with front office. Taylor and next generation Brown family deserve great praise.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Let’s see if they fix the actual weakest link in LG, or if somebody steps up and plays ok

In no way shape or form was LG (Spain) the weakest link..
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This leaves one spot, LG, open and a locker room full of young guys trying to take it. I suspect one of them will put in the work to succeed out of Carman, Smith, and the rest. And if Big Spain doesn't get signed and we get him back on the cheap, all the better.

yea Spain on a 1yr deal to let Carman develop.

Personally, if they could, I'd still go for Tretter on a 1 yr deal and let Kappa take over at LG this year, then C next year, and hopefully Carman would be ready next year at LG.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Money talks. Straight up. 

Of course

More so in the case of Hurst, I believe he came to cincy on a 1 year deal to play in an offense led by Burrow, so it can drastically increase his value when he becomes a free agent after next year.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Burrow played a key role: (I see now that this was already posted, but worth repeating in light of the BurrOw Effect.)

"In not-so-shocking news, Joe Burrow played a big role in the Cincinnati Bengals landing La’el Collins in free agency.

"Collins, after a very long stay in Cincinnati and visit with the team, reportedly agreed to a three-year deal.

"And Burrow was right there at the nexus of the recruiting efforts.

"According to MMQB’s Albert Breer, it went as far as Burrow hosting Collins and other free-agent signees Hayden Hurst, Alex Cappa and Ted Karras and their families at his house:

'To punctuate the Bengals’ recruiting pitch, Joe Burrow had La’El Collins over to his house on Friday night, along with Ted Karras, Alex Cappa and Hayden Hurst, and their wives/girlfriends, I’m told.

So Burrow’s a pretty good closer on multiple fronts for Cincinnati.'"

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/20/joe-burrow-played-key-role-bengals-closing-deal-lael-collins/
Reply/Quote
Maybe just maybe, the current Bengals FO are pretty much around the ballpark in terms of contract figures, pitching, playing hard ball, leverage, and closing?

Wonder what's the terms? I like the length because it gives flexibility when negotiating with Chase later. We gotta cut anyone?
Reply/Quote
Im guessing we will probably release Adeniji at this point saving @950k. and go with:

LT- Williams
LG- Carmen/ D.Smith
C- Karras
RG- Cappa
RT- Collins

Backups:

RT- Prince
LT- Johnson
C- Hill
G/C- Draft pick
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Let’s see if they fix the actual weakest link in LG, or if somebody steps up and plays ok

Not expecting anymore OL signings in free agency but who knows. I think if Zion is sitting there at 31 he would make to much sense for me not to draft but I'm happy with what we have right now. Carman had some flashes so hopefully he comes in looking to take the starting spot.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: In no way shape or form was LG (Spain) the weakest link..

I’m saying the LG is now manned by Carman, who couldn’t beat out Adeniji.

So yea, LG is the big weak spot
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 05:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: So now the 30 pages of absolute immature meltdowns, we just forget that happened right? Like everyone who was convinced our Fo had no clue what they were doing they all admit they were wrong? They were cheap, idiots, etc….right?

I’ll admit it! Only because they reportedly signed him before he left. But great job Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: Looks like Burrow played a key role:

In not-so-shocking news, Joe Burrow played a big role in the Cincinnati Bengals landing La’el Collins in free agency.

Collins, after a very long stay in Cincinnati and visit with the team, reportedly agreed to a three-year deal.

And Burrow was right there at the nexus of the recruiting efforts.

According to MMQB’s Albert Breer, it went as far as Burrow hosting Collins and other free-agent signees Hayden Hurst, Alex Cappa and Ted Karras and their families at his house:

“To punctuate the Bengals’ recruiting pitch, Joe Burrow had La’El Collins over to his house on Friday night, along with Ted Karras, Alex Cappa and Hayden Hurst, and their wives/girlfriends, I’m told.

So Burrow’s a pretty good closer on multiple fronts for Cincinnati.”

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/20/joe-burrow-played-key-role-bengals-closing-deal-lael-collins/

Well they ain’t coming for Andy dalton!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: yea Spain on a 1yr deal to let Carman develop.

Personally, if they could, I'd still go for Tretter on a 1 yr deal and let Kappa take over at LG this year, then C next year, and hopefully Carman would be ready next year at LG.

Yeah, that would be a stretch but very ideal.  Kappa is much better at LG.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 05:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: La’el Collins as the Bengals’ new right tackle is especially good news for Joe Burrow and Joe Mixon. This move extended their careers.

This team will be able to run the ball all the time not just short yardage. I don’t think many realize how much tougher the Bengals will be to defend with a tough run game. It will work hand in hand with pass pro. Mixon is going to go off.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: This team will be able to run the ball all the time not just short yardage. I don’t think many realize how much tougher the Bengals will be to defend with a tough run game. It will work hand in hand with pass pro. Mixon is going to go off.

Would be nice to draft a Perine replacement too.
Reply/Quote
4th and 1 sure looks a lot better today
Reply/Quote