Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Collins SIGNED!
(03-20-2022, 06:26 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I know Deshaun Watson going to the Browns is worrisome for a lot of people, but IMO Browns fans should be TERRIFIED of a Joe Burrow with time to throw.

With Chase, Higgins and Boyd as targets. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 05:39 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Per Adam Schefter... welcome big fella!

Paul Dehner is saying it's a 3 year deal... no info on $$$ yet

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FAdamSchefter%2Fstatus%2F1505644478383726600&widget=Tweet

Definitely not the Bengals I grew up with. How to see Bengals games in Dallas?
No DirecTV ever, games will be an event.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
**** yeah!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: Looks like Burrow played a key role:   (I see now that this was already posted, but worth repeating in light of the BurrOw Effect.)

In not-so-shocking news, Joe Burrow played a big role in the Cincinnati Bengals landing La’el Collins in free agency.

Collins, after a very long stay in Cincinnati and visit with the team, reportedly agreed to a three-year deal.

And Burrow was right there at the nexus of the recruiting efforts.

"According to MMQB’s Albert Breer, it went as far as Burrow hosting Collins and other free-agent signees Hayden Hurst, Alex Cappa and Ted Karras and their families at his house:

'To punctuate the Bengals’ recruiting pitch, Joe Burrow had La’El Collins over to his house on Friday night, along with Ted Karras, Alex Cappa and Hayden Hurst, and their wives/girlfriends, I’m told.

So Burrow’s a pretty good closer on multiple fronts for Cincinnati.'

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/20/joe-burrow-played-key-role-bengals-closing-deal-lael-collins/

Yeah just another one of Burrow’s great qualities. That ties in with his leadership and getting the team to play for one another. Really good to see and I can't wait to see what this offense can do with an above average oline.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m saying the LG is now manned by Carman, who couldn’t beat out Adeniji.

So yea, LG is the big weak spot

You don't know why he couldn't beat him out and he played well at LG last year. It's not a "big weak spot".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: With Chase, Higgins and Boyd as targets. 

I'm so wet. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

And if you manage to cover them then Hurst is wide open. All aboard the hype train. I also imagine we'll be drafting a 4th WR at some point this year as well.
Reply/Quote
I don't have the link and I'm in my car but I saw on Twitter a sports media member representing the broncos saying how bad the organization of Cincinnati was managed. He said they were the worst managed organization in all of sports. And he prefaced this with even though the Cincinnati Bengals made it to the super bowl.

and he brought up check comments by Alfred Williams. You know a linebacker they drafted in 1990s.

Even if the Bengals win the super bowl this year, it's going to take a while to get respect.

Cincinnati Bengals haters can suck it now.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

& Hurst.  Cool
Reply/Quote
This is good news and really a team without any big needs. RG has a lot of competition so someone should emerge and win the spot l.

I would trade up not down this year. Screw it - they have a great roster so go all in if someone you want starts slipping on draft day. My dream would be to get one of the Georgia D lineman but I think they will be gone early…how far up can you move by giving up your 1st, 2nd and maybe a 5th? Maybe next year’s 2nd rounder. This is a roster that is already pretty loaded so you have to think like a team that expects to be picking at bottom of the draft in 2023.
I am just not wanting them to give up next years first rounder. I don’t think they have a need that would warrant that kind of sacrifice.
Reply/Quote
This is kind of a worry:

Over the past two seasons, Collins missed 21 of 33 games to injury or suspension.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't have the link and I'm in my car but I saw on Twitter a sports media member representing the broncos saying how bad the organization of Cincinnati was managed.  He said they were the worst managed organization in all of sports. And he prefaced this with even though the Cincinnati Bengals made it to the super bowl.

and he brought up check comments by Alfred Williams. You know a linebacker they drafted in 1990s.  

Even if the Bengals win the super bowl this year, it's going to take a while to get respect.

They can suck it now.

I lived in Colorado for nearly a decade and Big Al does radio sports talk. He's actually an enjoyable listen and funny, but he definitely would go on a bit too long about the Bengals organization sucking. It was strange, other radio guys would do the same and they'd also knock Ohio as a place to live.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:37 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This is good news and really a team without any big needs. RG has a lot of competition so someone should emerge and win the spot l.

I would trade up not down this year. Screw it - they have a great roster so go all in if someone you want starts slipping on draft day.  My dream would be to get one of the Georgia D lineman but I think they will be gone early…how far up can you move by giving up your 1st, 2nd and maybe a 5th?  Maybe next year’s 2nd rounder. This is a roster that is already pretty loaded so you have to think like a team that expects to be picking at bottom of the draft in 2023.
I am just not wanting them to give up next years first rounder. I don’t think they have a need that would warrant that kind of sacrifice.

I'd say depth is an issue. Guys get hurt, so we need quality backups. Or else Reiff goes down and you Starr Prince.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is kind of a worry:

Over the past two seasons, Collins missed 21 of 33 games to injury or suspension.

Yes it is, but I'd rather they go the direction of signing him in the spirit of improving the roster rather than do nothing. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is kind of a worry:

I was worried about this as well but he passed his physical
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I lived in Colorado for nearly a decade and Big Al does radio sports talk. He's actually an enjoyable listen and funny, but he definitely would go on a bit too long about the Bengals organization sucking. It was strange, other radio guys would do the same and they'd also knock Ohio as a place to live.

Honestly, in the 90s when Williams was here...they were horribly managed.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yes it is, but I'd rather they go the direction of signing him in the spirit of improving the roster rather than do nothing. 

Oh...I'm happy he's here too.

We have lineman that can run block now!
Reply/Quote
I am happy. This is fantastic.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Oh so the front office did do their job after all? Well, what is everyone going to gripe about now?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, in the 90s when Williams was here...they were horribly managed.

Yea, I grew up in the Cincinnati area in the '90s so I know what you mean. Al was never wrong with what he said, I just thought it was odd to the extent the Bengals were discussed by the local guys. One of Big Al's partners, DMac, had lots of fun poking fun of Lapham's on air takes.
Reply/Quote