Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Collins is back
(08-12-2022, 11:36 AM)Joelist Wrote: It fell off a cliff. Prince was not good at RT and Adeniji was a disaster at RG. The other problem was the injury to Carman at about the same time. 

Amazing all this happened and we still ended up going to the SuperBowl anyways.

Some say we were really lucky with injuries last year, this kind of thwarts that thought.

I hope we are much luckier this season.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 03:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Amazing all this happened and we still ended up going to the SuperBowl anyways.

Some say we were really lucky with injuries last year, this kind of thwarts that thought.

I hope we are much luckier this season.

Hopkins was clearly never right either. He got better during the 2nd half of the season, but honestly after Reiff went down the only stability we had on the OL was LT & LG.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
In postseason our Guard room had Spain playing hurt, Carman hurt, XSF out, Adeniji playing hurt. Add in Hopkins not 100% and Reiff out and we got to the Super Bowl with a MASH unit. I do think that had Reiff not gone out we win the SB outright.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:36 AM)Joelist Wrote: It fell off a cliff. Prince was not good at RT and Adeniji was a disaster at RG. The other problem was the injury to Carman at about the same time. 

Yeah, and even against backups last night, these former starters looked like poo.  
Reply/Quote
**Was back

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 05:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: **Was back

Oh, boy. Can you imagine Prince at RT again.
Reply/Quote

you have to wonder if this contributed to his realtively cheap bargain contract
Reply/Quote

It was a planned off day.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 05:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopkins was clearly never right either. He got better during the 2nd half of the season, but honestly after Reiff went down the only stability we had on the OL was LT & LG.

In the postseason, Hopkins actually had the highest pass-blocking grade of all Bengals OL.
72.3 PB grade.
Only 1 sack, 0 hits, 2 total pressures allowed.

The others:
Jonah Williams - 61.6 PB grade, 2 sacks, 1 hit, 9 total pressures allowed
Quinton Spain - 49.4 PB grade, 2 sacks, 1 hit , 7 total pressures allowed
Hakeem Adeniji - 19.9 PB grade, 6 sacks, 0 hits, 14 total pressures allowed
Isaiah Prince - 31.8 PB grade, 2 sacks, 3 hits, 18 total pressures allowed

So yes, Hopkins actually performed damn well starting after the bye week, including the postseason. He may not be a good run blocker, but he can pass protect.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 06:00 PM)Synric Wrote: It was a planned off day.

Thanks for the calming update. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 06:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In the postseason, Hopkins actually had the highest pass-blocking grade of all Bengals OL.
72.3 PB grade.
Only 1 sack, 0 hits, 2 total pressures allowed.

The others:
Jonah Williams - 61.6 PB grade, 2 sacks, 1 hit, 9 total pressures allowed
Quinton Spain - 49.4 PB grade, 2 sacks, 1 hit , 7 total pressures allowed
Hakeem Adeniji - 19.9 PB grade, 6 sacks, 0 hits, 14 total pressures allowed
Isaiah Prince - 31.8 PB grade, 2 sacks, 3 hits, 18 total pressures allowed

So yes, Hopkins actually performed damn well starting after the bye week, including the postseason. He may not be a good run blocker, but he can pass protect.

Wow. Adeniji 6 sacks allowed  and 19.9 PB grade in the postseason and Prince 2 sacks and 18 total pressures. I don't see how anyone could do much worse.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 06:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So yes, Hopkins actually performed damn well starting after the bye week, including the postseason. He may not be a good run blocker, but he can pass protect.

I actually want Hopkins back. Move Karras to his better position.

plus he isnt immature like Spain. Should be cheaper too
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 06:00 PM)Synric Wrote: It was a planned off day.

That Kelsey Conway tweet looks pretty silly with this info being so readily available to Goldsmith.

Reply/Quote
I always liked Hopkins, but he can’t run block for shit. Which is kind of a big deal for an IOL.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 06:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I always liked Hopkins, but he can’t run block for shit. Which is kind of a big deal for an IOL.

I think this team would prefer a lineman who could pass protect well more than run block
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 06:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think this team would prefer a lineman who could pass protect well more than run block

Karras can do both. Which is why he’s our starting Center now.

I’d take Hopkins back as a backup, or to compete at LG, but that’s about it.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 06:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Karras can do both. Which is why he’s our starting Center now.

I’d take Hopkins back as a backup, or to compete at LG, but that’s about it.

Hopkins isnt strong enough to play guard. Hopkins is a pure center. Karras is better at G

Bunch of guys who can run and pass block, and then a center who is a decent pass blocker. 

Hopkins at C would def be a better pass protector than Volson and Carman at LG. And like I said, pass protection is more important for this offense
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 06:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think this team would prefer a lineman who could pass protect well more than run block

The fans would, at least!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 06:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hopkins isnt strong enough to play guard. Hopkins is a pure center. Karras is better at G

Bunch of guys who can run and pass block, and then a center who is a decent pass blocker. 

Hopkins at C would def be a better pass protector than Volson and Carman at LG. And like I said, pass protection is more important for this offense

Ocho actually posted his grades at OG at one point, and they were much better than people seem to remember. The way some talk you’d think he was straight trash at OG. He wasn’t.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 06:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ocho actually posted his grades at OG at one point, and they were much better than people seem to remember. The way some talk you’d think he was straight trash at OG. He wasn’t.

People only remember Hopkin's first year playing and that was at guard. Of course since it was his first NFL regular season reps he was inconsistent. The next year he split time between Center and Guard and actually played well in both spots.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote