Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Collins is back

You love to see this from the vet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 06:40 PM)Synric Wrote: People only remember his first year playing and that was a guard. Of course since it was his first NFL regular season reps he was inconsistent. The next year he split time between Center and Guard and actually played well in both spots.

I believe Hopkins will come at a cheaper price than Spain

I dont remember Hopkins at G, but if what you say is true, then he can provide flexibility between G and C

Hopkins is decent at pass pro. Im all aboard for bringing Hopkins back over Spain
Reply/Quote
I’d feel better if they added some veteran depth both at both G and T. Time to move on from Prince and Adeniji unless they have other positions in mind with their remaining salary cap space. There are still decent options out there that might not be that expensive at this point for a 1 year contract (Eric fisher, Daryl Williams). Spain or Hoskins would be nice but think they can do better then that if adding a veteran
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 06:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
You love to see this from the vet.

I feel bad for #60. He seems like the kid that didn't get invited to play
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Already addressed earlier in this thread. Charlie Goldsmith reported it was a planned off day for him. Conway should have known that…

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 12:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Already addressed earlier in this thread. Charlie Goldsmith reported it was a planned off day for him. Conway should have known that…

Right? What the hell is up with the fear mongering? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 08:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I feel bad for #60. He seems like the kid that didn't get invited to play

He needs a sandwich. 

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 02:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Right? What the hell is up with the fear mongering? 

Fear drives Clicks
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 02:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Right? What the hell is up with the fear mongering? 

Welcome to modern journalism.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

(08-16-2022, 12:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Already addressed earlier in this thread. Charlie Goldsmith reported it was a planned off day for him. Conway should have known that…

(08-16-2022, 02:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Fear drives Clicks

(08-16-2022, 03:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Welcome to modern journalism.  Whatever

To be fair Kelsey Conway posted that tweet as soon as practice started. Frank Pollack told the media about the planned off-day for Collins after practice was over.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 04:05 PM)Synric Wrote: To be fair Kelsey Conway posted that tweet as soon as practice started. Frank Pollack told the media about the planned off-day for Collins after practice was over.

I do find it interesting so much of the media gets criticized for getting anything even the slightest bit wrong.
And as you pointed out, it was her observation and she didn't know why.

In today's age of being expect to get information out ASAP, it can make it difficult/impossible sometimes, as all the different reporters/companies are trying to break news first.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 05:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I do find it interesting so much of the media gets criticized for getting anything even the slightest bit wrong.

umm because it's supposed to be their job to report stuff accurately. a little bit of misinformation can cause plenty of negative stuff to happen
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 06:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: umm because it's supposed to be their job to report stuff accurately. a little bit of misinformation can cause plenty of negative stuff to happen

I get that, but it's common for some things to be inaccurate or not having all the info if you're always trying to get it out the door super fast.
Society as a whole needs to SLOW. THE. F. DOWN.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 07:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I get that, but it's common for some things to be inaccurate or not having all the info if you're always trying to get it out the door super fast.
Society as a whole needs to SLOW. THE. F. DOWN.

right now media has a bad rep so it's a bit deserved when they report something false

these reporters never get punished anyways, and it drives clicks, so why would they stop firing off news even before the truth comes out?
Reply/Quote
Complaining about the media getting stories wrong is the same as complaining about the weatherman. Expect them to the be wrong half the time and that they won't be held accountable.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 08:37 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Complaining about the media getting stories wrong is the same as complaining about the weatherman. Expect them to the be wrong half the time and that they won't be held accountable.

Or 99% of the time lol

I sure like to be held accountable in everything I do.

Otherwise I wouldn't have any pride in anything I do.

Guess journalists and weatherman are entitled that way.... Mellow
Reply/Quote
No practice today due to a "personal" reason

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 05:20 PM)pally Wrote: No practice today due to a "personal" reason

D'Ante Smith is back at practice at least. We will likely get to see him in both tackle spots Sunday hopefully. 

Hopefully Smith shows up because Adeniji and Prince as the backups is a scary prospect. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 05:20 PM)pally Wrote: No practice today due to a "personal" reason

We aren't allowed to point out the obvious..... 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote