Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Collins is back
(08-19-2022, 02:32 PM)pally Wrote: no pads but today was his first participation in 11 on 11 walkthrus

Next week, those practices against the Rams will be huge for getting him set for Pittsburgh. Glad to see him out there finally start building cohesion with the line and protecting Joe. He's an absolute monster at RT and we're all in for a treat compared to the turnstile tackle play we had last year out there.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 06:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I love how to try to shut any conversation down with no source, untrue like you are the guardian of all reliable source when normally u cant provide a source of absolute, how about instead you give a clarification of what you read or know, which then can lead debate  and or clarify...

Fess up to it. You said he went out with a back injury. That's totally and completely different than him practicing limited due to them easing him back in from the injury. 

Different worlds. 

Admit it. Right now. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 08:06 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Next week, those practices against the Rams will be huge for getting him set for Pittsburgh. Glad to see him out there finally start building cohesion with the line and protecting Joe. He's an absolute monster at RT and we're all in for a treat compared to the turnstile tackle play we had last year out there.

So true, I think La'el could be our best RT since Willie easily.

Maybe not as technically sound in pass protection but this guy will blow us all the way at times just knocking defenders 
down and racing down the field blocking for Mixon and our backs in the running game leading for big TD's.

Probably the most excited I have been for a vet Free Agent O-lineman in my time as a Bengals fan and I love the Cappa
and Karras pickups tons.

(08-19-2022, 08:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fess up to it. You said he went out with a back injury. That's totally and completely different than him practicing limited due to them easing him back in from the injury. 

Different worlds. 

It is totally different.

I love how Essex tried to cut down Nicomo there while saying 2 completely different things to fit his agenda of doom and gloom.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 11:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If it is "obvious" then no one needs to point it out.

So no problem.

Depends on how dense the person you're talking to is. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Collins worries me a bit, I'm not gonna lie. Dallas people are saying this is why they let him go..
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 08:20 PM)Tony Wrote: Collins worries me a bit, I'm not gonna lie. Dallas people are saying this is why they let him go..

They would be saying that lol

In the back of their minds they still wish they had him you know it, They are Dallas people...

La'el Collins is a stud RT when healthy top 5 in the NFL, could be the best run blocker.
Reply/Quote
Praying he lucks into a healthy year because at this point i want to see Burrow behind a good o line for the sake of curiosity
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 08:39 PM)Housh Wrote: Praying he lucks into a healthy year because at this point i want to see Burrow behind a good o line for the sake of curiosity

Would be pretty wild after what he has had in front of him why he has been here, same with the other Joe. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 08:20 PM)Tony Wrote: Collins worries me a bit, I'm not gonna lie. Dallas people are saying this is why they let him go..

Pretty sure they cut him for cap reasons, not performance. He was a top 5 graded RT by PFF last year, and top 15 out of all tackles.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 06:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I love how to try to shut any conversation down with no source, untrue like you are the guardian of all reliable source when normally u cant provide a source of absolute, how about instead you give a clarification of what you read or know, which then can lead debate  and or clarify...

Or you know…you could just admit you meant to say he was limited and you worded it wrong. Didn’t need to be any bigger deal than that.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 08:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fess up to it. You said he went out with a back injury. That's totally and completely different than him practicing limited due to them easing him back in from the injury. 

Different worlds. 

You
U  want to parse  words that us fine so tell me a practice  that he did fully
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 09:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or you know…you could just admit you meant to say he was limited and you worded it wrong. Didn’t need to be any bigger deal than that.

So you can admit some  sources projected  Carman in 3rd to 4th round ..correct ? You acted like pff was gospel that placed him as 2 round. So you admit u focused on one evaluation no different than my evaluation of collins
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 09:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So you can admit some  sources projected  Carman in 3rd to 4th round ..correct ? You acted like pff was gospel that placed him as 2 round. So you admit u focused on one evaluation no different than my evaluation of collins

Holy shit, man. Take a breath. Not sure why we’re back on Carman all of a sudden, but you misreporting Collins “going out of practice again” is not an evaluation. It’s a flat out lie. And misinformation should always be called out. There’s enough people already concerned about the situation without someone completely making things up.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 09:02 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Pretty sure they cut him for cap reasons, not performance. He was a top 5 graded RT by PFF last year, and top 15 out of all tackles.

..and he was on a very affordable contract. Why did Dallas cut a top 5 graded RT and a top 15 OT on a bargain contract?

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 10:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and he was on a very affordable contract. Why did Dallas cut a top 5 graded RT and a top 15 OT on a bargain contract?

Part of it is because UDFA Terence Steele emerged as a pretty good RT. And obviously much cheaper. I believe he’s making less than a 1/3 of what Collins was.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Part of it is because UDFA Terence Steele emerged as a pretty good RT. And obviously much cheaper. I believe he’s making less than a 1/3 of what Collins was.

Terence Steele had a PFF rating 6 points higher than Isiah Prince last year. and Dallas took an OT in RD 1 this year. I wonder how much Steele was "part of the reason" 

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 08:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They would be saying that lol

In the back of their minds they still wish they had him you know it, They are Dallas people...

La'el Collins is a stud RT when healthy top 5 in the NFL, could be the best run blocker.

PFF had him ranked as the 13th best tackle in the league earlier this year just outside the "elite" tier in their mind.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-offensive-tackle-rankings-tiers

Collins has to be viewed as the biggest upgrade and best addition to the team from this offseason.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Holy shit, man. Take a breath. Not sure why we’re back on Carman all of a sudden, but you misreporting Collins “going out of practice again” is not an evaluation. It’s a flat out lie. And misinformation should always be called out. There’s enough people already concerned about the situation without someone completely making things up.

Lighten up Francis.

Collins was out of action for the 11 on 11.  So he was out.

You're are splitting semantic hairs too finely to justify your preachy tone. 
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 10:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well that did not last long went out of practice with back issue again.

(08-19-2022, 11:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lighten up Francis.

Collins was out of action for the 11 on 11.  So he was out.

You're are splitting semantic hairs too finely to justify your preachy tone. 

^That’s not quibbling over semantics. It’s calling out blatant misinformation. He purposely made it sound like there was another set back that resulted in Collins leaving practice.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 11:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Terence Steele had a PFF rating 6 points higher than Isiah Prince last year. and Dallas took an OT in RD 1 this year. I wonder how much Steele was "part of the reason" 

Steele gave up only 2 sacks in 910 snaps last season, and is currently the starting RT on their depth chart. Their 1st round pick is at LG.

Reply/Quote