Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Combine Expectations
The Combine is just a week away (yay)!

Who are some prospects you expect to do really well or poorly?

I'm curious to see JK Dobbins' cone and 40 times, as he seems slower in games than what I see some projecting him to run.
I see Dobbins between Elliott and Hyde in terms of speed. Seems like a mid-4.5's guy to me.

I'm also expecting top LBs like Simmons, Queen, and Murray run well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Definitely want to watch these guys run. I know the combine can be over rated at times, but Devin Bush made himself a top ten pick last year. I got my eye on Terrell Lewis. Many call him a 1st round talent with a 2nd round grade.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 02:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Combine is just a week away (yay)!

Who are some prospects you expect to do really well or poorly?

I'm curious to see JK Dobbins' cone and 40 times, as he seems slower in games than what I see some projecting him to run.
I see Dobbins between Elliott and Hyde in terms of speed. Seems like a mid-4.5's guy to me.

I'm also expecting top LBs like Simmons, Queen, and Murray run well.

The WR's will be a group to really watch.  There is so much talent there that a bad 40 can cause a guy to absolutely plummet.  
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 03:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: The WR's will be a group to really watch.  There is so much talent there that a bad 40 can cause a guy to absolutely plummet.  

Good point.

Tyler Johnson is a favorite for many of us, and some (like myself) are expecting he will run in the mid 4.5's.
With so many WRs who are expected to run faster, I think running mid 4.5's will put him available on Day 3. If he runs 4.58+, I think it would push him to late Day 3.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 03:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Good point.

Tyler Johnson is a favorite for many of us, and some (like myself) are expecting he will run in the mid 4.5's.
With so many WRs who are expected to run faster, I think running mid 4.5's will put him available on Day 3. If he runs 4.58+, I think it would push him to late Day 3.

If Tee Higgins doesn't surprise some people by running low 4.5's/high 4.4's, I can see him falling out of the 1st.  He may make it to us in 3 if he runs 4.58+.

Justin Jefferson is another guy I can see in for a big fall of he runs slow.
Reply/Quote
I see Queen , Davis- Gaither,Dobbins, Lamb, Ruggs, and Gandy-Golden blowing up. Maybe Zack Baun.
Reply/Quote
this is an extremely athletic class with a lot of guys who will test well. If you give me a specific group I can point out guys who will trend near the top. If your talking specifically who are two guys who will blaze the 40 it's Ruggs and Reagor for sure. Ruggs has one of the best looking gaits I have ever seen and it's totally natural for him to run at those speeds.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Jalen Reagor. He's gonna blow up the 40
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 06:40 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Jalen Reagor. He's gonna blow up the 40

Don’t think he’s gonna be a good pro
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 12:23 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Don’t think he’s gonna be a good pro

He's very similar to John Ross in terms of skill set, but doesn't have the injury issues that Ross had.
I can see why people would be weary of that, but his sheer athletic ability is extremely rare to find.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Well Combine officially starts today.

QBs, WRs, TEs arrive in Indianapolis today and will start interviews sometime this afternoon.

[Image: general_player_schedule_2020_rev0207.jpg]
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 02:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Well Combine officially starts today.

QBs, WRs, TEs arrive in Indianapolis today and will start interviews sometime this afternoon.

[Image: general_player_schedule_2020_rev0207.jpg]

Burrow has 9" hands, which is considered on the small side.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 11:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Burrow has 9" hands, which is considered on the small side.

The 2 starting QB's in the SB only had 9.25" hands.  Here's a good breakdown on hand size...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/nfl-combine-kyler-murray-hand-size-doesnt-matter/amp
Reply/Quote
I always look forward to watching the route running drills by the WRs. I'm curious to see how KJ Hill compares to the other slot receivers this year. I think he could be a good value, high floor type in the 3rd or 4th.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 12:23 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Don’t think he’s gonna be a good pro

I have a hot take for you.

Jalen Reagor will have a better rookie year than Jerry Jeudy.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 01:24 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I see Queen , Davis- Gaither,Dobbins, Lamb, Ruggs, and Gandy-Golden blowing up. Maybe Zack Braun.

I would so love to see linebacker Queen in the Queen city,dude is a winner and a stud.Born in August,winners and he can ball. :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 12:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: The 2 starting QB's in the SB only had 9.25" hands.  Here's a good breakdown on hand size...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/nfl-combine-kyler-murray-hand-size-doesnt-matter/amp

My statement is still valid (as evidenced by many people commenting in the media as such), which is 9.0" hands are considered small for QBs.
I didn't say I thought it was going to guaranteed translate into turnovers.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
In injury news from the Combine, Utah CB Jaylon Johnson will need surgery to repair a torn labrum.

Also, Senior Bowl standout WR Van Jefferson has a foot fracture that will require surgery.

Tough breaks for both. Johnson was a potential 1st round talent and Jefferson was making a push to go on Day 2 after the Senior Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 03:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: In injury news from the Combine, Utah CB Jaylon Johnson will need surgery to repair a torn labrum.

Also, Senior Bowl standout WR Van Jefferson has a foot fracture that will require surgery.  

Tough breaks for both.  Johnson was a potential 1st round talent and Jefferson was making a push to go on Day 2 after the Senior Bowl.

I was looking forward to seeing what Van Jefferson would run because he had some very good tape against good corners. I thought he didnt get the targets he deserved.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 05:48 PM)Synric Wrote: I was looking forward to seeing what Van Jefferson would run because he had some very good tape against good corners. I thought he didnt get the targets he deserved.

FWIW, he reportedly ran a 4.56 back in August.  If he's hardcore training it like most guys do for the combine, he could probably knock a few hundreths off. My guess would be low 4.5's.
Reply/Quote