Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Combine Expectations
I'm one of the guys that kept saying Justin Jefferson slot guy 4.6 guy...He just made me eat crow with a 4.44.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Justin Jefferson just cranked out a 4.44 forty
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 08:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm one of the guys that kept saying Justin Jefferson slot guy 4.6 guy...He just made me eat crow with a 4.44.

Beat me to it.  
Reply/Quote
How about Albert Okwuegbunam with 4.49 at 258 lbs?
Raw TE with elite traits who suffered some production due to bad QB play.
Somewhat good comparison is OJ Howard from a potential as a receiver perspective, but he's not as good of a blocker.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 08:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm one of the guys that kept saying Justin Jefferson slot guy 4.6 guy...He just made me eat crow with a 4.44.

I think Bengals have to look for him at #33.  Not just because Bengals need someone for the likely departure of the JR experiment but also he and Burrow are like peanut butter and jelly.  I think it would relax Burrow some if he has Queen Jefferson or someone else here.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The weights on the LB’s looked good. Lots of guys in the 230-240 range. Hopefully we’ll see a lot of good 40 times, verts and broad jumps.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 08:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: How about Albert Okwuegbunam with 4.49 at 258 lbs?
Raw TE with elite traits who suffered some production due to bad QB play.
Somewhat good comparison is OJ Howard from a potential as a receiver perspective, but he's not as good of a blocker.

I thought Dalton Keene looked good. He ran a 4.71 but he showed smooth routes and the best hands of the group.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 09:01 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Bengals have to look for him at #33.  Not just because Bengals need someone for the likely departure of the JR experiment but also he and Burrow are like peanut butter and jelly.  I think it would relax Burrow some if he has Queen Jefferson or someone else here.  

Queen or Charles would be nice too.
Reply/Quote
Claypool must be some kind of specimen. 6’4” 238, 4.38 and 19 reps.
Reply/Quote
At least I'm not the only one surprised by Jefferson's 40 time D.J. is all over it lol. The rest of his numbers are going to be more interesting.

Reply/Quote
Jacob Eason showing why he's a 3rd or 4th rounder. Everyone talks about his arm strength but 3 corner throws and one was long, one short, third inside. Inaccurate and no touch.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 09:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Jacob Eason showing why he's a 3rd or 4th rounder. Everyone talks about his arm strength but 3 corner throws and one was long, one short, third inside. Inaccurate and no touch.

I wouldn't want a QB from this class unless it's Burrow or Tagovailoa.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 09:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wouldn't want a QB from this class unless it's Burrow or Tagovailoa.

I'm not saying take Herbert #1 or trade back for him but I can understand why teams are high on him. With Herbert you wish you could have seen more anticipation throws from him at Oregon. 

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 09:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wouldn't want a QB from this class unless it's Burrow or Tagovailoa.

I think there’s a few other intriguing ones that I would look at if I didn’t need a starter right away. Love, Fromm, Stanley, Montez.
Reply/Quote
Denzel Mims with a 4.38 can play Z or X. If they resign AJ luxury pick at 33 if they don't perfect pick at 33.

Edit: My favorite thing about Mims isn't speed or great hands etc. All of which he has...its that he beats up corners.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 08:43 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Justin Jefferson just cranked out a 4.44 forty

Would love to grab him.

Reply/Quote

Turns out KJ Hill is that 4.6 pure slot guy.  He's gonna fall big time.

Chase Claypool was another big surprise with that 4.42.  He's been all over the place, but has probably solidified himself as a 1st-early 2nd guy with that time.

Shenault will drop.  He now has speed concerns to go with the medicals.  He may fall to the 3rd or even farther.  

Ruggs solidified himself as a 1st rounder with that 4.27.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 11:16 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think there’s a few other intriguing ones that I would look at if I didn’t need a starter right away. Love, Fromm, Stanley, Montez.

Eason is a top QB prospect as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 11:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Denzel Mims with a 4.38 can play Z or X. If they resign AJ luxury pick at 33 if they don't perfect pick at 33.

Edit: My favorite thing about Mims isn't speed or great hands etc. All of which he has...its that he beats up corners.

I was watching highlights awhile ago and fell in love with a wr because he was just bullying DBs. They would be all over him. And he just goes about his business and they don’t even alter his route one bit. While the DB is falling all over getting handled. Man amongst boys stuff.

Can’t remember who it was. Starting to think it was Mims
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 01:32 AM)Whatever Wrote: Turns out KJ Hill is that 4.6 pure slot guy.  He's gonna fall big time.

Chase Claypool was another big surprise with that 4.42.  He's been all over the place, but has probably solidified himself as a 1st-early 2nd guy with that time.

Shenault will drop.  He now has speed concerns to go with the medicals.  He may fall to the 3rd or even farther.  

Ruggs solidified himself as a 1st rounder with that 4.27.

I didn't realize until yesterday evening that Tee Higgins wasn't performing drills at the Combine.
He plans to run the 40 at his Pro Day.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001104058/article/tee-higgins-cites-short-prep-time-for-decision-to-sit-at-combine

Apparently his goal is to hit 4.4 at his Pro Day, but knows that most people expect him to be in the 4.5's or 4.6.
https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/02/nfl-combine-2020-potential-bills-draft-target-tee-higgins-thinks-hell-run-this-blazing-fast-40-time.html
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote