• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine combined thread
Post all your observations and thoughts here

Track results here:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker#day=saturday
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jonah Williams who many think is the #1 OT with 33 5/8" arms.

Cody Ford was disappointing on the bench bur 34" arms better than expected

Jawaan Taylor with 35 1/8" arms and put up 24 on the bench

Small school kid out of Weber put up 39 reps

Reply/Quote
Andre Dillard OT just ran a 4.99 40...that is fast. I liked him coming in I think as a possible round 2 OT prospect he brings a lot. Top pass blocking OT in the draft but still some run blocking concerns.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 07:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jonah Williams who many think is the #1 OT with 33 5/8" arms.

If his shorter arms are what causes him to fall to 11, I'm all for it!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Bradburry ran a 4.93 as a Center! Holy crap the o linemen are getting fast.
Reply/Quote
Andre Dillard has looked really good today.

Edit: If the Bengals start running alot more mid zone/outside zone I could see Dillard as the Bengals pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Andre Dillard has looked really good today.

I think he is going to take a year to develop some run blocking technique so a team with an aging tackle would be wise to take him as the LT of the future. 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think he is going to take a year to develop some run blocking technique so a team with an aging tackle would be wise to take him as the LT of the future. 

If the Bengals start using the Mike Sherman or Gary Kubiak playbook with the linemen moving vertical down the line using mid outside and wide zone blocking a guy like Dillard would fit.

Cody Ford moving well. I'm also gonna have to go watch Paul Adams after today. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:24 PM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals start using the Mike Sherman or Gary Kubiak playbook with the linemen moving vertical down the line using mid outside and wide zone blocking a guy like Dillard would fit.

Cody Ford moving well. I'm also gonna have to go watch Paul Adams after today. 

I just think he is lungey too often when he was asked to run block, which wasn't much, but I do think he is the best pass protector in this draft. 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 11:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: Andre Dillard OT just ran a 4.99 40...that is fast. I liked him coming in I think as a possible round 2 OT prospect he brings a lot. Top pass blocking OT in the draft but still some run blocking concerns.

You and I have talked about this kid before, now he is rising fast. I've seen him rated as the #2 OT in a few rankings. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not a big fan of Yodney Cajuste but he's moving well today and had a good Bench....on a down side Bobby Evans has not looked good and screams guard...day 3.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 07:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jonah Williams who many think is the #1 OT with 33 5/8" arms.

Some of these guys might be gun shy doing the bench, remember what happened to Billy last combine.
Reply/Quote
So is Cody Ford a guard or a tackle?
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:49 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So is Cody Ford a guard or a tackle?

Both.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Both.

I thought he looked good enough with his kick step. I’d probably try him at tackle but know he can play guard. Luckily we need both.
Reply/Quote
Second group Jonah William's moved well along with Howard Risner Lindstrom Samia and Scharping. McGovern didnt have a great kickstep but looked good in the pulling drills. McGary had good feet but was a little stiff in the first pull drill.

Iosua Opeta Webster St? Looked good today I haven't seen any tape him though.

Today made me feel alot better about the Bengals needing OL.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think he is going to take a year to develop some run blocking technique so a team with an aging tackle would be wise to take him as the LT of the future. 

Yea, WSU's scheme is so pass-heavy that I'm not surprised he isn't a stud run blocker. I agree he needs grooming.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:43 PM)Synric Wrote: Second group Jonah William's moved well along with Howard Risner Lindstrom Samia and Scharping. McGovern didnt have a great kickstep but looked good in the pulling drills. McGary had good feet but was a little stiff in the first pull drill.

Iosua Opeta Webster St? Looked good today I haven't seen any tape him though.

Today made me feel alot better about the Bengals needing OL.

I am really feeling like the 2nd round is the place to get a linemen. I'm not sure there is a huge drop off in talent, feel like they all have some issues. 
Reply/Quote
I like what i am hearing about the Lineman.

Sounds like there will be a lot of talent in the 2nd round where i was hoping for us to grab one.
Reply/Quote
Anybody got an update on Dennis Daily? Personal favorite and not from his play.

Reply/Quote