Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confederate Flag stuff has gone too far.
TV Land (a private company) cancels reruns of an old show because they likely feel the negative attitude towards the confederate flag will scare off advertisers and/or viewers. You (a private citizen) have the freedom to purchase this show on DVD and watch it to your heart's content. The government isn't rounding up every copy of the Dukes Of Hazard and burning it for the good of the populace, so what is the issue?

Geez, all you free-market freedom-lovers getting your panties in a bunch because a business (TV Land) made a business decision based on PR and bottom-line metrics. As I stated, I think Amos and Andy is a funny show, my ol' man grew up watching it, but it was deemed racist so it's not on TV. We got the DVDs and we watched it. Simple as that. If you ask people what Amos and Andy is I'm sure they will mention white people in blackface, and that isn't what it is but perception trumps all.

Don't fight it, just circumnavigate the BS. The government isn't stopping you from watching this show.

It reminds me of a guy I knew who was all in a tizzy because the "government" made it so every phone call to a business makes him press 1 for English. I told him if he wants to make it known that he isn't OK with that to refuse to spend money at any business that has a Spanish option on the phone system. Good luck with that, but that's what you do. It's Wal Mart's fault for alienating you by having the gall to want to sell a zillion dollars worth of crap to people who dare to have English as a second language. The government didn't do this, a private organization did because it wants......

MONEY!

Everything is about money. TV Land is doing this for the money. Blame the government and freedom and Obama and liberals and conservatives and your neighbor's chinchilla all you want...it hain't going to do any good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-02-2015, 11:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually it seems to be the opposite to me.  That is why more homosexuals and transsexuals are coming out.  

The country is becoming more diverse in race and religion.

Individuality is at an all-time high.

Lmao individuality is at an all time low. When we are banning things like an old flag, then freedom is at risk.

We have the IRS playing the role of the thought police, attacking groups who oppose gov policies.

I could go on.... It's just absurd that you think individuality is at a high .... The masses have been beating down individuals.
(07-02-2015, 11:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: TV Land (a private company) cancels reruns of an old show because they likely feel the negative attitude towards the confederate flag will scare off advertisers and/or viewers.  You (a private citizen) have the freedom to purchase this show on DVD and watch it to your heart's content.  The government isn't rounding up every copy of the Dukes Of Hazard and burning it for the good of the populace, so what is the issue?

Geez, all you free-market freedom-lovers getting your panties in a bunch because a business (TV Land) made a business decision based on PR and bottom-line metrics.  As I stated, I think Amos and Andy is a funny show, my ol' man grew up watching it, but it was deemed racist so it's not on TV.  We got the DVDs and we watched it.  Simple as that.  If you ask people what Amos and Andy is I'm sure they will mention white people in blackface, and that isn't what it is but perception trumps all.

Don't fight it, just circumnavigate the BS.  The government isn't stopping you from watching this show.

It reminds me of a guy I knew who was all in a tizzy because the "government" made it so every phone call to a business makes him press 1 for English.  I told him if he wants to make it known that he isn't OK with that to refuse to spend money at any business that has a Spanish option on the phone system.  Good luck with that, but that's what you do.  It's Wal Mart's fault for alienating you by having the gall to want to sell a zillion dollars worth of crap to people who dare to have English as a second language.  The government didn't do this, a private organization did because it wants......

MONEY!

Everything is about money.  TV Land is doing this for the money.  Blame the government and freedom and Obama and liberals and conservatives and your neighbor's chinchilla all you want...it hain't going to do any good.

Who blames the gov?

The obvious culprits is the social progressive militants. They have been in action in ferguson, baltimore, indiana for pizza, Oregon, Colorado, now for anyone who sells anything with that flag.

Who controls the past, controls the future....
Who controls the present, controls the future....

By robbing us of our history they will change what history is taught and what is removed.
Our children living in the dystopian future will all learn that the downfall of society can be attributed to the cancelling of The Dukes of Hazard.

I feel like this sub-forum is becoming bad comedy.

It's silly it's getting taken off air, but TV Land will do what they need to do.
PC gone wild.
Now if we can just get the Food Network to cancel Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives; we can stop obesity.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-02-2015, 05:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: By robbing us of our history they will change what history is taught and what is removed.

Poor Lucy's children.  Their education consists of watching TV Land.

Now'll they will never know what really happened in Hazzard county.
(07-02-2015, 05:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lmao individuality is at an all time low.

The only ones who think like this are the ones who have agreed to have their thougths mass programmed by the likes of Glenn Beck.

I amnot limited like you.  I am free to believe anything I want, not just what the beck tells me.
(07-01-2015, 08:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: TV land cancels the Dukes of Hazzard.

There is 0 racial component to the show.   It's actually good family programming.   And compared to plenty of nonsense programming We have today, it's nice to have a good family show.
I agree with you on this one.  You and I have differing opinions on this whole issue with this flag, but this is just stupid.  My only problem with that flag, is flying it at a legislative building.  I don't care if NASCAR fans wanna waive it (but I do think less of those who do), or if it's painted on top of the General Lee on a fictional TV show.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-02-2015, 05:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  

Who controls the past, controls the future....  
Who controls the present, controls the future....
Aren't those lyrics in a song by Rage Against the Machine?
(07-03-2015, 02:20 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Aren't those lyrics in a song by Rage Against the Machine?

I think it's Sleep Now in the Fire. Or something. Haven't listened to them in a fat minute.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
(07-03-2015, 03:13 AM)MrRager Wrote: I think it's Sleep Now in the Fire. Or something. Haven't listened to them in a fat minute.

I think you might be right Rock On
(07-03-2015, 02:20 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Aren't those lyrics in a song by Rage Against the Machine?

close

who controls the past now, controls the future.
who controls the present now, controls the past.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

I really liked Looney Tunes on Saturday morning growing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8D93Awa434

BTW, that's Mel Blanc, a black guy, doing all the voices for that scene.
(07-03-2015, 10:36 AM)Beaker Wrote: I really liked Looney Tunes on Saturday morning growing up.

He was black?

He parents were Russian.  I mean he could be...but I never even thought that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-03-2015, 10:36 AM)Beaker Wrote: BTW, that's Mel Blanc, a black guy, doing all the voices for that scene.

or a straight, white, Jewish male......

Quote:Gender: Male
Religion: Jewish
Race or Ethnicity: White
Sexual orientation: Straight

http://www.nndb.com/people/581/000056413/

There does seem to be some confusion about it, though. But were there a lot of black, Russian Jewish immigrants? (serious question)
(07-03-2015, 07:28 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: close

who controls the past now, controls the future.
who controls the present now, controls the past.

Ahhhh...it is close
(07-03-2015, 10:36 AM)Beaker Wrote: I really liked Looney Tunes on Saturday morning growing up.

I knew a guy when I was in the Navy that could do the voices and it was even funnier to me because he was black (the guy I knew.) Rock On
I always thought he was a light skinned black guy. Although I admit, I never looked it up, I just went by the pics I saw of him:

[Image: Mel_Blanc_1976_2.jpg]
(07-03-2015, 12:28 PM)Beaker Wrote: I always thought he was a light skinned black guy. Although I admit, I never looked it up, I just went by the pics I saw of him:

[Image: Mel_Blanc_1976_2.jpg]

I love me some old school Looney Tunes.  But when I clicked on your link, it looked like you had been looking for the most racist ones you could find?  Not offended, was just curious.