Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confederate Flag stuff has gone too far.
(07-06-2015, 08:18 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Who's telling him he can't do what he wants with his car?  I think he should sell it rather than deface it.  And it's a ridiculous gesture - he obviously didn't have a problem with it when he bought it.

LMAO bringing freedom into it - is freedom what pressured him to do this in the first place?  What's next, cutting out pictures of the confederate flag in all the history books?

And whether you agree or not, tv/movie memorabilia is a pretty big market.  A collector shouldn't deface a piece of nostalgia or film history

Reposting:

I believe that individuals can feel free to own, hang, wave any flag they like...even if they don't know/refuse to understand why they do it.

I *also* believe private buildings that hold events can make special requests of ticket holders: No cameras, no umbrellas, no flags from a defeated attempt to secede and overthrow the government.

And no foreign flag should be flown over US government property.  Or on the property unless its in a museum/history type setting.

But since most people don't understand what free speech means and that the flag they are waving isn't even the flag of the Confederate States I don't expect them to want to follow rules either.

All that said its like the guy who drives around up here with the "Aryan Brotherhood" sticker on his truck next to his 2nd Amendment one. I don't like it...but its nice to know where the meat-heads are at all times.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-06-2015, 08:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Reposting:

I believe that individuals can feel free to own, hang, wave any flag they like...even if they don't know/refuse to understand why they do it.

I agree, I just can't see how the General Lee was offending or oppressing anyone in Bubba Watson's garage.  And, sure, it was rescued from a junk yard and restored and the next buyer could do that....I just think it's in poor taste for a collector to alter an item.

Replacing it with the American flag is kind of a cool idea, but you can't really mask/change what it symbolizes.  If he really felt that strongly about it, he'd sell it or even destroy it.

Or maybe Bubba Watson is a genius and will put it up for sale, driving up the price with groups bidding for the right to destroy it against those who want to save it...
So I think we all agree, that the confederate flag should not be flown from government buildings.  And that any yahoo can fly one from their home, car, or motorcycle.  It may be used as beer cozies, t-shirts, bikinis, bumper stickers or whatever personal item you can think to slap it on. Including the General Lee.

What about public high schools? For example my son goes to a school that are called the "Rebels" and use the confederate flag.  Which is weird to me because his school is in Indiana.  However this is very rural Indiana and if you didn't know better, you could easily mistake it for Kentucky.  No offense to anyone in Kentucky. Ninja
Maybe it's just me, but when I saw that photo of the shooter what stood out to me was this beyond scrawny kid in a Gold's Gym tank top.  Then, naturally, I wanted to blame the shooting on 'roid rage Rolleyes
(07-06-2015, 10:26 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Who are you speaking for?  The majority of those against the flag being on capital grounds here in SC are God Fearing Christians.  Also a non-God fearing Atheist such as myself can easily recognize the rights of those that do and while we may be anti-church in our personal lives we can still be fine with others doing so.

Obviously I'm not referring to you or the legitimate people who are upset. I'm talking about the "activists" who travel around and stir things up.

Legitimate members of the community are totally different than these professional protestors.

The ones we saw in ferguson and baltimore.
(07-06-2015, 10:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Obviously I'm not referring to you or the legitimate people who are upset.   I'm talking about the "activists" who travel around and stir things up.  

Legitimate members of the community are totally different than these professional protestors.  

So then lets identify those you are speaking in this instance.  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(07-06-2015, 10:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Obviously I'm not referring to you or the legitimate people who are upset.   I'm talking about the "activists" who travel around and stir things up.  

Then you support the flag being removed because it is local residents fighting for it.

And you think anyone who goes outside of what YOU think is acceptable was probably "shipped in" to make trouble.
(07-07-2015, 07:25 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: So then lets identify those you are speaking in this instance.  

The professional protestors who travel city to city and protest for pay. The black lives matter groups, acorn, anyone who has become this militant who protest for pay.
(07-07-2015, 02:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The professional protestors who travel city to city and protest for pay.   The black lives matter groups, acorn, anyone who has become this militant who protest for pay.

LOL...I would have no issues with betting that the majority 90% or more of those people are Christians not Atheists.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(07-07-2015, 03:16 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: LOL...I would have no issues with betting that the majority 90% or more of those people are Christians not Atheists.

Saying your christian and being christian are not the same.

Christians don't incite riots in ferguson and yelling to "burn this bytch down". Or raping women in the occupy movements.... Etc.
(07-08-2015, 03:20 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Saying your christian and being christian are not the same.  
Yeah....they pretty much are.
(07-08-2015, 09:01 AM)Beaker Wrote: Yeah....they pretty much are.

As an imam said at the mosque we went to on the World Religions field trip this past year, "No one has the right to say that someone else is not a part of a religion".

He said this in context of terrorist who justify their actions in the name of their religion. He said "We can say that they do not represent our religion and are not following the rules of our religion, but it's not our place to say they are not Muslims. Allah will judge them and what they have done in his name."

Likewise, it is not Lucie's place to say that someone isn't a Christian because they do not live up to his beliefs.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-08-2015, 09:01 AM)Beaker Wrote: Yeah....they pretty much are.

They just don't act it / live it.
(07-08-2015, 09:16 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As an imam said at the mosque we went to on the World Religions field trip this past year, "No one has the right to say that someone else is not a part of a religion".

He said this in context of terrorist who justify their actions in the name of their religion. He said "We can say that they do not represent our religion and are not following the rules of our religion, but it's not our place to say they are not Muslims. Allah will judge them and what they have done in his name."

Likewise, it is not Lucie's place to say that someone isn't a Christian because they do not live up to his beliefs.

Ofc you would quote an Imam.

And these aren't my beliefs.... But there are christian basics. I have told you as others... Idc if you or anyone chooses to follow God or not .... You will be answering for your own salvation. When the time comes.

Just don't pretend your a christian and then do unchristian things.

Obama is a perfect example of a pretend christian.
(07-08-2015, 06:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ofc you would quote an Imam.  

And these aren't my beliefs....  But there are christian basics.    I have told you as others...  Idc if you or anyone chooses to follow God or not .... You will be answering for your own salvation. When the time comes.    

Like judge entire civilizations, think prejudice is Ok (as long its backed by your religion) and call people ugly? Mellow
Quote:At the demonstration, Rev. Charles Williams II called Kid Rock "the hometown hero who is a zero with the Confederate flag" and asked museum officials to take his name off the exhibit Rock funded if he doesn't renounce the Confederate flag.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/2015/07/06/kid-rock-confederate-flag/29764611/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-08-2015, 06:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Like judge entire civilizations, think prejudice is Ok (as long its backed by your religion) and call people ugly? Mellow

How is prejudice backed by my religion?

Are you still upset I called michelle Obama ugly? Get over it man.... It's not like she is your wife. Besides she is not even close to good looking.
(07-08-2015, 06:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ofc you would quote an Imam.  

And these aren't my beliefs....  But there are christian basics.    I have told you as others...  Idc if you or anyone chooses to follow God or not .... You will be answering for your own salvation. When the time comes.    

I'm sure God will be sitting on the white throne rewarding you precious crowns for possessing the courage to preach about the "savages" from the Third World overrunning America. You're a regular prophet, alright.
(07-09-2015, 08:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How is prejudice backed by my religion?

Are you still upset I called michelle Obama ugly?   Get over it man.... It's not like she is your wife.   Besides she is not even close to good looking.

Did I mention you?

Mellow
[Image: 10394005_885528171540238_870164699393495...e=562A2C6B]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]