Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conference Championship Games
If I’m a Lions fan I’d be taking a toaster with me in to the bathroom right about now.

All those jokes over the years they had it won Campbell had well and truly shit the bed.

Now I demand all 49ers players wear Leeds United training gear for the next fortnight and raise the profile of the club.
Reply/Quote
Tale of two halves. SF looked bad in first half and much better in second half. Purdy did clutch things late again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I get that the analytics are favoring going for it on 4th down more and more, but that one just felt wrong. Take the 3. At 7ish minutes you're likely to get the ball back either way.

Hindsight is 20/20, yes, but I was immediately skeptical and ended up costing them game.
Reply/Quote
How do you guys see 49ers vs KC going down?
Reply/Quote
Horrid game management towards the end sank the Lions in this one.
Reply/Quote
Now this board can blame poor  playcalling. Hilarious

Night-night.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Meh, Lions gonna Lion even when they aren't Lion-ing much the rest of the year.
Reply/Quote
That Lions defense is brutal, and losing by 3 when you turn the ball over on downs twice in the second half in FG range is a terrible look.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 11:40 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I get that the analytics are favoring going for it on 4th down more and more, but that one just felt wrong. Take the 3. At 7ish minutes you're likely to get the ball back either way.

Hindsight is 20/20, yes, but I was immediately skeptical and ended up costing them game.

0-2 on passing FGs, on thing I liked about ZT in playoffs he took the points
Reply/Quote
I find these narratives interesting, and that's what pro sports are for, really...amusement and cheering/jeering something that doesn't ultimately matter. Depending on how you spin it the Lions are a hard luck franchise that deserves to win it all, or they are a franchise that combined nepotistic greed and stupidity to squander the careers of Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson, and Matt Stafford AND Dan Campbell is a meathead jock bro TE, so I don't get how people who hate Travis Kelce could find him so endearing.

Meanwhile, their 1st overall pick pretty boy QB from SoCal lost to Mr. Irrelevant.  Look at how you can spin things.

(01-28-2024, 11:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That Lions defense is brutal, and losing by 3 when you turn the ball over on downs twice in the second half in FG range is a terrible look.

Yep, aggression is awesome when it doesn't lead to stuff like this.  Oof.
Reply/Quote