Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Conference Championship Menu
(01-27-2023, 12:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Haven't decided. Went with Pizza from the Hut the last two games. There is now a LaRosas here in Louisville that just opened, but I got one the other day and they still need to practice. If it's just me, I'll probably go with the Hut again, since it seems to be working. If I have people over, it'll probably be ribs and smoked wings.

Laraosas is the most overrated Cincinnati food out there IMO. Trash pizza. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Laraosas is the most overrated Cincinnati food out there IMO. Trash pizza. 

Trash is pretty harsh. It’s way better than the national chains, but it’s nothing special either. There’s usually mom and pop pizzerias in pretty much any decent sized city that are amazing. I will never understand why people don’t support them over the big guys (other than laziness and convenience). They’re usually soooooooo much better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Laraosas is the most overrated Cincinnati food out there IMO. Trash pizza. 

My only LaRosa's experiences were when they came north to Dayton in the 2000s.  Had three or four of them here at one point, but I think that's dwindled to maybe one restaurant in Centerville.  Their closing wasn't much of a shock, given the poor quality of the food.  I'm told by those that live/lived in Cincinnati that they were amazing back in the day.  Sorry I was only around to experience the crap ending.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Best LaRosa’s pizza anywhere is at Kings Island. It is known.

Reply/Quote

100% agree'd   
Reply/Quote
We’ll probably do Skyline Dip and wings. Think I’m going with this for my sauce.

[Image: 4ab3443aa5923875be51ac350575c23f87e4420f...1643939858]

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Best LaRosa’s pizza anywhere is at Kings Island. It is known.

I will say - when you order Larosas ask for the pizza to be cooked well done and get the peperonis on top of the cheese - it makes it 100x more palatable. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Trash is pretty harsh. It’s way better than the national chains, but it’s nothing special either. There’s usually mom and pop pizzerias in pretty much any decent sized city that are amazing. I will never understand why people don’t support them over the big guys (other than laziness and convenience). They’re usually soooooooo much better.

In my experience, Larossas quality varies greatly by location.  I sometimes order it in, when I'm visiting my son, so that we can just drink and watch a ballgame.  The one's near his place (Fairfield area) are pretty good, the one out here in Jackson Oh. is pretty sketchy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I will say - when you order Larosas ask for the pizza to be cooked well done and get the peperonis on top of the cheese - it makes it 100x more palatable. 

Our exact order! Joe

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:24 AM)bengalrick Wrote: I'll be over around 4.....

Better knock loud as he'll probably be on another bathroom break.lol.
Reply/Quote
Pork butt and a tenderloin going in the smoker, past that dunno yet…
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Thanks. Lots of ideas. Hitting the grocery store in the morning.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Beer and chips

I’m not goin crazy unless we make the Superbowl
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Lots of Pizza Snobs in this thread. Gimme Little Ceasers and a 15-pack of Natty Light and I'm golden.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Manwich....homemade Mac and cheese...chips and dips
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 11:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of Pizza Snobs in this thread. Gimme Little Ceasers and a 15-pack of Natty Light and I'm golden.

Life is too short to eat shit pizza and drink piss beer. If that makes me a snob so be it.

Reply/Quote
Tiger

Anything health nuts would consider bad for me.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 12:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Life is too short to eat shit pizza and drink piss beer. If that makes me a snob so be it.
or...

Life is too short to worry about the Pizza you eat and the beer you drink. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 12:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: or...

Life is too short to worry about the Pizza you eat and the beer you drink. 

You’d have a point if good pizza and beer were particularly hard to find. Like at all. But it’s not. Anyway, to each their own.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 01:41 AM)basballguy Wrote: Ketchup on mac n cheese, steak, and other random foods was pretty common when I was a kid (at least in the circles my family was in)....thank f'n god I grew out of that.  My steaks better only have salt and pepper now....

Amen!
Reply/Quote