Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Conference Championship Menu
(01-26-2023, 08:33 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: Bacon-Wrapped Smokies, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Skyline Chili Dip, and a platter of Boneless Wings- BBQ and Mild.........LET'S DO THIS!!!

I'll be over around 4.....
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 10:34 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Not sure if serious but that actually sounds like it could work. Ketchup? Hell no.

A little context:

https://sports.yahoo.com/patrick-mahomes-preoccupation-ketchup-goes-beyond-steak-214842122.html

Makes sense now. I was lost.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 08:33 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: Bacon-Wrapped Smokies, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Skyline Chili Dip, and a platter of Boneless Wings- BBQ and Mild.........LET'S DO THIS!!!

What will your husband be eating?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 11:53 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Ew, gross. I like ketchup on burgers, eggs and fries and that's it.

But, yeah, I'm serious about the A1. My Mom would make a couple of boxes of Kraft Mac N Cheese as a side dish and scoop about 1/2 of it into a bowl so I could doctor up some with A1(my Dad liked it, too). Go easy at first and mix it up. Then taste it and add a little bit more if it's kind of weak. Just like any spice, too much can ruin it real quick. I discovered it while scooping up a slurry of remaining steak juice, A1 and Mac N Cheese sauce at the end of a plate and remembered how good it was the next time my Mom made Mac N Cheese.

Ketchup is nice.  I can see where it would make a nice pairing with mac n cheese.  A1 is the absolute bomb.  It would make a dog turd taste good.  I've tried it.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Game is 7:30am here and I have to work throughout the day. I'll be wild and add Baileys to my morning coffee.

Reply/Quote
If my buddy comes over with his detail (g/f and cousin, also close friends of ours), I will make Osso Bucco (over 150+ year old recipe), with Gremolada, Milanese style (where the dish originated), along with Risotto all Milanese (also a 150+ year old recipe), which makes use of the marrow from the Osso Bucco. Also some Swiss Chard from my garden as a vegetable.

If he doesn't come over, then I have 2 options: Homemade Pork Sausage (made by my wife's uncle, who owns a butcher shop), with sauteed Onions, Peppers and Zucchini (just Zucchini for me: hate onions and peppers) or we may order a pizza.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 01:36 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If my buddy comes over with his detail (g/f and cousin, also close friends of ours), I will make Osso Bucco (over 150+ year old recipe), with Gremolada, Milanese style (where the dish originated), along with Risotto all Milanese (also a 150+ year old recipe), which makes use of the marrow from the Osso Bucco. Also some Swiss Chard from my garden as a vegetable.

If he doesn't come over, then I have 2 options: Homemade Pork Sausage (made by my wife's uncle, who owns a butcher shop), with sauteed Onions, Peppers and Zucchini (just Zucchini for me: hate onions and peppers) or we may order a pizza.

I'm disappointed by the lack of poutine...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 11:53 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Ew, gross. I like ketchup on burgers, eggs and fries and that's it.

Ketchup on mac n cheese, steak, and other random foods was pretty common when I was a kid (at least in the circles my family was in)....thank f'n god I grew out of that.  My steaks better only have salt and pepper now....
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 01:40 AM)jason Wrote: I'm disappointed by the lack of poutine...

1. I'm Italian by blood and heritage. "Canadian Cuisine," sucks ass.
2. Cheese curds are disgusting.
3. That brown shit that people call, "gravy," is so artificial and disgusting.

I'll take the fries and Mexicanize it Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Probably just keep it simple and low mess and have some little smokies in bbq sauce, and make a batch of my habanero infused chili-cheese nacho dip.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I have tried these bacon wrapped jalapenos a number of times and always fail. Mine never turn out as good as others people's taste.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What will your husband be eating?

Haha, I'm already a nervous wreck when watching games of this importance so I'm trying not to be a wreck in my own filth....
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 08:36 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Often times I like to make dishes that relate to the opposing team.  In this case bbq

I smoked a brisket last year and it was the absolute tits. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Nothing. Can't drink due to heart issues, enjoy eating and drinking whatever you want while you're healthy.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 01:46 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. I'm Italian by blood and heritage. "Canadian Cuisine," sucks ass.
2. Cheese curds are disgusting.
3. That brown shit that people call, "gravy," is so artificial and disgusting.

I'll take the fries and Mexicanize it Wink

Dude couldn't agree with these takes more. I fuggin hate cheese curds and poutine. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 11:46 AM)Bengalion Wrote: Nothing. Can't drink due to heart issues, enjoy eating and drinking whatever you want while you're healthy.

All in moderation my friend...with workout and exercise. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 10:01 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Mac N Cheese with ketchup

You had me at Mac N Cheese
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 11:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Probably just keep it simple and low mess and have some little smokies in bbq sauce, and make a batch of my habanero infused chili-cheese nacho dip.

Good to see you are theming your dishes after KC players attributes. Little smokies and all... 
Reply/Quote
Haven't decided. Went with Pizza from the Hut the last two games. There is now a LaRosas here in Louisville that just opened, but I got one the other day and they still need to practice. If it's just me, I'll probably go with the Hut again, since it seems to be working. If I have people over, it'll probably be ribs and smoked wings.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Haven't decided. Went with Pizza from the Hut the last two games. There is now a LaRosas here in Louisville that just opened, but I got one the other day and they still need to practice. If it's just me, I'll probably go with the Hut again, since it seems to be working. If I have people over, it'll probably be ribs and smoked wings.

I find it VERY hard to believe you can’t find about a dozen better pizza places in a city that size.

Pizza Hut is an abomination. And LaRoas’s (even the best ones here in Cincy) is maybe about my 6th or 7th favorite pizza - at best.

Reply/Quote