Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confronting Racism
(02-12-2016, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why would you post this?  What is your point?

Are you really this completly ignorant of racial profiling?

If you really think what you posted had anything to do with racial profiling then I will gladly educate you on the truth.  But it seems that you are not really concerned with reality.  It seems you would rather just stick your head in the sand like SN.

So if you really want to deny that racial profiling happens just say so.  But if you are just trying to impress SN i suggest you trade notes by PM, because posting something like this in a public thread really makes you look ignorant.

Perhaps you should educate the Princeton Professor who claimed she was profiled. But you are right, the case has nothing to do with racial profiling.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-12-2016, 12:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: You mean there are individuals that commit crimes and then blame the police?

Shocked

And bap cops?

Shocked Shocked

And links don't work?

Cool

No.

He thinks this is "racial profiling".

Apparently he doesn't know any better.  he think the only evidence of racial profiling is claims mad eby criminals.  he is completely ignorant of all the cases where it has been proven (and even admitted by police) that police targeted people based only on their race.
(02-12-2016, 12:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps you should educate the Princeton Professor who claimed she was profiled. But you are right, the case has nothing to do with racial profiling.

You really don't know anything about racial profiling by law enforcement, do you?

All you know is the quotes that the echo chamber throws around every time someone mentions racial profiling.  That is pretty sad.  You really need to expand your base of knowledge.
(02-12-2016, 12:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: You mean there are individuals that commit crimes and then blame the police?

Sure, it happens all the time, but only a few have the privilege of saying it was because they were black. And there are those enablers that say you are right, you should not be held accountable for your actions.  

(02-12-2016, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You really don't know anything about racial profiling by law enforcement, do you?

All you know is the quotes that the echo chamber throws around every time someone mentions racial profiling.  That is pretty sad.  You really need to expand your base of knowledge.

Are you talking to me or the Professor?

Wait now, I would be "Racialy Profiled" all the time when I would make deliveries in the Over the Rhine area after midnight when I worked for a carrier company. A white guy driving a pickup truck in the Over the Rhine area of Cincinnati in the early morning hours was only there for two things right?

Hell, when my brother moved to Harrison Ohio and I went out there to visit I would get pulled over because the police weren't used to seeing me in the area and Harrison is as white as you can get. They finally got used to seeing me out there and left me alone. I even had one police officer pull me over, ask where I was going then follow me to my brothers house to make sure.

Now, I'm not saying that there are no racist cops and profiling for the hell of it doesn't happen, I'm just saying white people are profiled too and to say they aren't is a load of crap.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(02-12-2016, 12:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, it happens all the time, but only a few have the privilege of saying it was because they were black. And there are those enablers that say you are right, you should not be held accountable for your actions.  

Link to anyone saying that a criminal should not be responsible for criminal behavior.

This is getting crazy.  Black people are the only ones who are victims of racial profiling and that is a "privilege"?
(02-12-2016, 01:00 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Now, I'm not saying that there are no racist cops and profiling for the hell of it doesn't happen, I'm just saying white people are profiled too and to say they aren't is a load of crap.

Based on your descriptions of the times you were pulled over it sounds like they had nothing to do with race.  

I don't see how you call any of that "racial profiling"
(02-12-2016, 12:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, it happens all the time, but only a few have the privilege of saying it was because they were black. And there are those enablers that say you are right, you should not be held accountable for your actions.  

Oh!  So white people don't  claim the cops are picking on them or profiling them!

[Image: 30-making-a-murderer-netflix-steven-avery.w529.h529.jpg]

Although, to be fair, the only ones who COULD say they were profiled because they were black would HAVE TO BE black.    Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-12-2016, 12:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you talking to me or the Professor?

How could I be talking to the professor?

Are you high or something?

Are you ready for that education on racial profiling?
(02-12-2016, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link to anyone saying that a criminal should not be responsible for criminal behavior.

This is getting crazy.  Black people are the only ones who are victims of racial profiling and that is a "privilege"?

Seems you and this professor really disagree, because she said she did nothing wrong, other than be black.

The sad part is the are Fred Toasts out in the world that read her tweets full of incitement and agreed with her. They didn't need the facts, all they needed to know was that she was black and racial profiling happens so obviously 2+2=4.

(02-12-2016, 01:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on your descriptions of the times you were pulled over it sounds like they had nothing to do with race.  

I don't see how you call any of that "racial profiling"

Nevermind then.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(02-12-2016, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems you and this professor really disagree, because she said she did nothing wrong, other than be black.

The sad part is the are Fred Toasts out in the world that read her tweets full of incitement and agreed with her. They didn't need the facts, all they needed to know was that she was black and racial profiling happens so obviously 2+2=4.

Acknowledging that racial profiling happens =/= every black person who is arrested was profiled.  Nor that there were even if they CLAIM they were.  That is what investigations are for.

Saying that because SOMETIMES someone says they were profiled and they were not =/= racial profiling doesn't happen.  Nor that some of the claims are proven legitimate after the investigation.

The world is not black and white...there are shades of gray.  But understanding that leads to discussion and understanding rather than "them vs us" and "I'm right and you are wrong".
(02-12-2016, 01:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Acknowledging that racial profiling happens =/= every black person who is arrested was profiled.  Nor that there were even if they CLAIM they were.  That is what investigations are for.

Saying that because SOMETIMES someone says they were profiled and they were not =/= racial profiling doesn't happen.  Nor that some of the claims are proven legitimate after the investigation.

The world is not black and white...there are shades of gray.  But understanding that leads to discussion and understanding rather than "them vs us" and "I'm right and you are wrong".

To quote someone in this very forum:

"Link to me saying racial profiling does not exist".

My concern is with the liberal that constantly cries wolf and gives criminals the alibi of color.

I simply posted a link to someone of color trying to play the race card; yet somehow this became me not knowing what I am talking about. 

(02-12-2016, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To quote someone in this very forum:

"Link to me saying racial profiling does not exist".

My concern is with the liberal that constantly cries wolf and gives criminals the alibi of color.

I simply posted a link to someone of color trying to play the race card; yet somehow this became me not knowing what I am talking about. 

As a friend of mine was fond of saying "there are no absolutes".

I'm sure someone thinks every black person arrested did nothing wrong.  I'm sure someone thinks all blacks should be sent back where they came from.

Neither does anything to forward the conversation about actual profiling and actual crime.
(02-12-2016, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The sad part is the are Fred Toasts out in the world that read her tweets full of incitement and agreed with her. They didn't need the facts, all they needed to know was that she was black and racial profiling happens so obviously 2+2=4.

Except this is not true at all.

You are just making up strawmen to knock down because you really don't have anything to say about blacks being victims of racial profiling.
(02-12-2016, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I simply posted a link to someone of color trying to play the race card; yet somehow this became me not knowing what I am talking about. 

If you agree that Blacks are the vitim of racial profiling then why post that video?

Claiming the it is a "privilege" to be the victim of racial profiling is absurd.
(02-12-2016, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why would you post this?  What is your point?

Are you really this completly ignorant of racial profiling?

If you really think what you posted had anything to do with racial profiling then I will gladly educate you on the truth.  But it seems that you are not really concerned with reality.  It seems you would rather just stick your head in the sand like SN.

So if you really want to deny that racial profiling happens just say so.  But if you are just trying to impress SN i suggest you trade notes by PM, because posting something like this in a public thread really makes you look ignorant.

Sure black racial profiling goes on. Especially areas like Ferguson where 75% residents are black.

But its black privilege when a black can cry "profiling" or "racism" when he or she gets pulled over for actually being guilty of doing something wrong. Ol whitey cant do that.
You don't think that ever happens?

Then you have this black girl who because of who she is, has the privilege of falsely accusing a bunch of white college boys of rape, then has the privilege of going to the leader of black people Al Sharpton who himself is privileged to blather any racist comment or false accusations without repercussions.

Then there is affirmative action, and the lowering of test standards in jobs such as fire fighter so blacks can pass, or a qualified white that is passed over for a position because the employer is required to fill a quota.

No matter how you try to spin out of it, thats black privilege. Through the eyes of a young whitey who had nothing to do with slavery, discrimination, or racism this is black privilege period. 

To the looney white guilt lefty, this kind of privilege gets a pass because of the hardships blacks had to face decades ago.

IMO "white privilege" today is scant and diminishing rapidly...but raging white guilt lefties like Fred and Dino have this incessant need to keep the flames of racism alive and burning hot as if the black had their chains of slavery removed a month ago.
(02-12-2016, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But there is no intrusion into the lives of white people because of this profile.  White people are not pulled over more often because they might be serial killers.

There is really no comparison between the two.

This is funny. Not surprised you are programmed through the media that if you are a serial killer then you must be white.

Aren't you sort of profiling?  Or perhaps this is a form of black privilege not being identified as serial killers cause its a "white thing".

(02-12-2016, 01:35 PM)Vlad Wrote: But its black privilege when a black can cry "profiling" or "racism" when he or she gets pulled over for actually being guilty of doing something wrong. Ol whitey cant do that. flames of racism alive and burning hot as if the black had their chains of slavery removed a month ago.

They get no benefit from being able to make that claim.

No one in their right mind would claim that it is somehow a "privilege" to be targeted by bpolice just because of their race.