Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats Bengals!
At least Burfict doesn't have to tweet about being a tough guy. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 11:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: You said:

I was sharing the point that the Bengals have there own problem children they haven't dealt with.

Burfict hits the Packer player in the nuts and then gets shoved.  That's what a punk looks like.

Rock On

Was dirty by Burfict, but we're not talking about the Bengals because we know they've always had problems.

We're talking about the Steelers not being the model for the class organization of the NFL.

Another nice attempt at deflection.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 11:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was sharing the point that the Bengals have there own problem children they haven't dealt with.

No shit, we've had problem children for a long, long time. We led the league in arrest at one point, and all you steeler fans went on and on about how that wouldn't fly there, and it's a class act organization, and that type of action isn't tolerated....and low and behold...it's actually not a classy organization at all, it's just like every other team in the league with it's fair share of crap human beings.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 01:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: At least Burfict doesn't have to tweet about being a tough guy. Ninja

Definitely.   Ninja

http://vavnews.com/steelers-lb-tweets-threat-at-vontaze-burfict-then-thinks-better-of-it-173828.vav

Quote: Wrote:Steelers linebacker Vince Williams took it a step further Monday with a tweet that has since been deleted, threatening physical violence if he ever runs into Burfict on the street. Williams later apologized, but not before Burfict tweeted a response.

"I catch Vontez on south beach im painting that boi on sight"

-- @VinnyVidiVici98

"why wait then u kno were I'm at"

-- @King55Tez
Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 02:31 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Was dirty by Burfict, but we're not talking about the Bengals because we know they've always had problems.

We're talking about the Steelers not being the model for the class organization of the NFL.

Another nice attempt at deflection.

(11-05-2015, 02:52 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No shit, we've had problem children for a long, long time. We led the league in arrest at one point, and all you steeler fans went on and on about how that wouldn't fly there, and it's a class act organization, and that type of action isn't tolerated....and low and behold...it's actually not a classy organization at all, it's just like every other team in the league with it's fair share of crap human beings.

So Mitchell (in your opinion) is "dirty" because of a legal, clean hit so the Steelers should cut him because they have a better organization than the Bengals?

But Burfict and Jones have been shown to be dirty and its OK because the Bengals have always had problems with players...and therefore the Steelers should cut players who are not dirty?

Is there a "Smack Talk 101" for you guys to go to? Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 08:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: So Mitchell (in your opinion) is "dirty" because of a legal, clean hit so the Steelers should cut him because they have a better organization than the Bengals?

But Burfict and Jones have been shown to be dirty and its OK because the Bengals have always had problems with players...and therefore the Steelers should cut players who are not dirty?

Understand, you're talking to a teenager when you communicate with Brad.
The only one who understands his drivel, is him.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 09:30 AM)Harmening Wrote: Understand, you're talking to a teenager when you communicate with Brad.
The only one who understands his drivel, is him.

I just recently found out that he's a younger member here.  So I *do* take it easier but, c'mon!   LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 08:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: Definitely.   Ninja

http://vavnews.com/steelers-lb-tweets-threat-at-vontaze-burfict-then-thinks-better-of-it-173828.vav

Cool

LOL ......touche.....

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 08:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: So Mitchell (in your opinion) is "dirty" because of a legal, clean hit so the Steelers should cut him because they have a better organization than the Bengals?

.....it seems maybe the Stoolers have had help maintaining that "polished image" that most of the league doesn't enjoy....

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12210027/pittsburgh-steelers-security-chief-dual-role-sheriff-officer-questioned

Maybe, just maybe, a lot of your trash has been swept under the rug......hmmmmmmmm

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 11:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: In fairness, Truth and Jones were tag team champions together....

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=2xyzYlT_WSw

True, true..
Reply/Quote

The first video was while he was in a scuffle with a player, and, yes, it was wrong of him to throw his head in that direction, but he clearly had control of his head and could have bashed it into the helmet if he wanted to.  Heat of the moment with something that looked a lot worse than it was.  Before you say "the heat of the moment doesn't make it ok," I agree, but he obviously didn't intend to mash his head into the helmet and cause much damage or he would have done so.

Find a better example.

The second video of Jones was just an argument and shoving match with a player that used the n word for the entire world to hear.  Shoving matches and arguments happen all the time in the NFL, and most aren't done with known racists.

Find a better example.

Burfict's was dirty, but it's not even like he took a full swing at the guy's nuts.  It was a love tap, and considering that they're wearing cups, I doubt it did much damage.  That was dirty though.

I already mentioned why Mitchell's dirty.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 02:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The first video was while he was in a scuffle with a player, and, yes, it was wrong of him to throw his head in that direction, but he clearly had control of his head and could have bashed it into the helmet if he wanted to.  Heat of the moment with something that looked a lot worse than it was.  Before you say "the heat of the moment doesn't make it ok," I agree, but he obviously didn't intend to mash his head into the helmet and cause much damage or he would have done so.

Find a better example.

Mellow

Hilarious

Jones jumped him and threw him down and tore his helmet off.

"scuffle"

Rolleyes

(11-05-2015, 02:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The second video of Jones was just an argument and shoving match with a player that used the n word for the entire world to hear.  Shoving matches and arguments happen all the time in the NFL, and most aren't done with known racists.

Find a better example.

So Jones being a punk is OK because it was with Cooper. Got it.

Rolleyes

(11-05-2015, 02:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burfict's was dirty, but it's not even like he took a full swing at the guy's nuts.  It was a love tap, and considering that they're wearing cups, I doubt it did much damage.  That was dirty though.

I already mentioned why Mitchell's dirty.

I'm afraid if I roll my eyes back again they will get stuck there. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 10:11 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....it seems maybe the Stoolers have had help maintaining that "polished image" that most of the league doesn't enjoy....

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12210027/pittsburgh-steelers-security-chief-dual-role-sheriff-officer-questioned

Maybe, just maybe, a lot of your trash has been swept under the rug......hmmmmmmmm

This would not surprise me in the least.  The Steelers have had plenty of players who ran afoul of the law in my lifetime. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 03:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm afraid if I roll my eyes back again they will get stuck there. Rock On

Just curious... did you play in High School ?
Cup checks were common amongst teammates.
I know the NFL is rightfully held to a higher standard and I'm not excusing anything, but perhaps that was something not covered in a Rookie Symposium ?
Ninja  
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 03:11 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Just curious... did you play in High School ?
I know the NFL is rightfully held to a higher standard and I'm not excusing anything, but perhaps that was something not covered in a Rookie Symposium ?
Ninja  

I didn't.  Went out twice (Freshman and Senior) hated practicing!  LOL!

But I'm aware of the cup...I'm also aware that Brad thinks it was dirty, just not too dirty, or not dirty at all...but definitely dirty.  But Mitchell is dirtier for that clean hit.

Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 03:11 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Just curious... did you play in High School ?
Ninja  

Hmmmmmm...I wonder what this highlighted part has to do with the actual incident?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
Cup checking was common on the field when I played, not just between teammates. It was common knowledge that you get one at least once a game. Especially offensive line guys, were notorious for doing it to blitzers.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 03:29 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Hmmmmmm...I wonder what this highlighted part has to do with the actual incident?

Nothing... as they are all brothers in the NFLPA ?
Ninja
Reply/Quote
First team in the AFC North (and since the AFC Central) to start 8-0.

I never thought the Bengals would be the ones to do it.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 05:12 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Cup checking was common on the field when I played, not just between teammates. It was common knowledge that you get one at least once a game. Especially offensive line guys, were notorious for doing it to blitzers.

Yup.....

Reply/Quote