Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congrats to Coach Taylor
(12-26-2021, 08:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And TBH, we were missing Reader and a slew of Linebackers as well.

That is what makes it even more impressive. No Reader, no Logan Wilson, no Riley Reiff etc.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I expected improvement, and mentioned earlier in the season that I didn't think we were improved quite enough to make the post season yet.  Regardless of how the season ends from here, I am happy as we have in fact exceeded my expectations and are definitely further along than I expected us to be.  If we can improve the right side of the line this offseason, we could become unstoppable.

Just imagine what a top tier RG addition would bring to this team allowing Burrow extended time to throw to his weapons. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just imagine what a top tier RG addition would bring to this team allowing Burrow extended time to throw to his weapons. 

And RT.  Reif has been a good addition, but we all know he is a stop gap solution.  We need bookend tackles that will be with Joe for a decade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: After this win I think he proved he is really learning. That was a desperate Ravens team, sure they were beat up and missing 
their starting QB, but Harbaugh is a damn good coach and was doing everything he could to try and pull off a win and it just 
wasn't possible with Taylor and his guys. Yes, Congratulations to Zac Taylor our HC for a long time coming.

Lets get a Playoff win and keep it going. Cool

Right on dude, love the enthusiasm. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Playing Burrow the second half of the 4th quarter was some of the stupidest coaching I have ever seen.  If Joe had gotten injured you guys would be eviscerating Taylor.   But since it worked out you think Zac was smart?!?!?

You just can't judge coaching like that.  

And this is coming from a guy who defended Zac running the ball on our last drive against the Niners.

Just because a decision works out does not make it "smart", and just because it does not work does not automatically make it "stupid".

Wow? Who pissed in your cereal  today?

You can't play or coach sports thinking about getting hurt.

I loved the finish and also know we have yet to earn a playoff game yet. 2 very tough game to go.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Wow? Who pissed in your cereal  today?

No one.  It is just crazy that it seems like a majority of fans have no concept of how to judge coaching decisions other than "did it work"

(12-26-2021, 09:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You can't play or coach sports thinking about getting hurt.

That seems kind of strange since every team I have ever played with or followed would pull their starters in a blow out to protect them from injury.

If Burrow had gotten injured piling up garbage time stats Taylor would be crucified by the fans here.  You are not being honest if you deny that.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one.  It is just crazy that it seems like a majority of fans have no concept of how to judge coaching decisions other than "did it work"

That seems kind of strange since every team I have ever played with or followed would pull their starters in a blow out to protect them from injury.

If Burrow had gotten injured piling up garbage time stats Taylor would be crucified by the fans here.  You are not being honest if you deny that.

Empty words and silly to imply you do know how to judge coaches compared to other posters.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:45 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This makes Zac securing his winning record even more enjoyable:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1475228101483405317

Edit: Apparently I suck at inserting a tweet. It's about Harbaugh crying.

**** him. I don't remember them taking their foot off the gas when they were beating the breaks off the Bengals the last few years.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Playing Burrow the second half of the 4th quarter was some of the stupidest coaching I have ever seen. If Joe had gotten injured you guys would be eviscerating Taylor. But since it worked out you think Zac was smart?!?!?

You just can't judge coaching like that.

And this is coming from a guy who defended Zac running the ball on our last drive against the Niners.

Just because a decision works out does not make it "smart", and just because it does not work does not automatically make it "stupid".

Yep... Whenever Taylor decides to get stupid, he turns it up to 11. I mean I guess it wouldn't have been so bad had Joe been in there that late handing it off to Perine, but he was still dropping back. But whatever... They won.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If he keeps up the winning, gets into the playoffs, and nets a W then he'd have earned it, right?

Burrow likes this dude.  Seems to be a good fit.  Was not a fan of Taylor but I aint gonna hold grudges when the Bengals are winning.  My point being, do it in the offseason but sign up.  He's good at this.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:19 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Empty words and silly to imply you do know how to judge coaches compared to other posters.

Do you think it was stupid to have Burrow in there throwing the ball those last two drives?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Do you think it was stupid to have Burrow in there throwing the ball those last two drives?

No.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 09:42 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: No.

Me neither, it was getting Burrow ready for the Playoffs.

Burrow is going to get sacked more than about any QB cause of the way he plays. Fearless.

He got in some much needed reps and is running like his old self again. Joe loved those play calls and that is what matters.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I don't think it was wise to leave JB in, but I'm not in that locker room.

I've said it a few times: Sometimes coaches make decisions focused on the long term versus the near term and we don't always understand it.

Simple logic says pulling Joe is focusing on the long term, but we don't know what kind of affect leaving him in, letting him set a franchise record, and rubbing it in the Martendale's face will have on the entire team moving forward, not only this years but for years to come.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Personally, I don't think it was wise to leave JB in, but I'm not in that locker room.

I've said it a few times: Sometimes coaches make decisions focused on the long term versus the near term and we don't always understand it.

Simple logic says pulling Joe is focusing on the long term, but we don't know what kind of affect leaving him in, letting him set a franchise record, and rubbing it in the Martendale's face will have on the entire team moving forward, not only this years but for years to come.

Fair point, maybe Zac saw an opportunity to build some momentum and took it. Hell, maybe he just wanted to destroy a division rival.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fair point, maybe Zac saw an opportunity to build some momentum and took it. Hell, maybe he just wanted to destroy a division rival.

We need to own this Division, that is all. Burrow loved it and you could tell.

Even if we beat the Chiefs next week and have the Division sewn up I bet Burrow will want to beat the Stains down.

Zac Taylor knows this.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We need to own this Division, that is all. Burrow loved it and you could tell.

Even if we beat the Chiefs next week and have the Division sewn up I bet Burrow will want to beat the Stains down.

Zac Taylor knows this.

& I am also all for letting Burrow have the ball to work his magic. If I'm a coach, I'm winning or losing with Burrow as my QB running the show--don't take the ball from him in key moments. I'm not going to try and get cute and overthink the game plan. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:23 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: & I am also all for letting Burrow have the ball to work his magic. If I'm a coach, I'm winning or losing with Burrow as my QB running the show--don't take the ball from him in key moments. I'm not going to try and get cute and overthink the game plan. 

Can't act scared like some fans. This game is a hard one and not for the faint of heart.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Can't act scared like some fans. This game is a hard one and not for the faint of heart.

The old playing to win and not to lose mentality.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:44 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The old playing to win and not to lose mentality.

Damn right.  I don't recall Belicheat ever taking out Tom Brady. 
Reply/Quote