Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congrats to Coach Taylor
congrats to joe burrow you mean right, was zac throwing the ball. players get the win, coaches get the losses. some of you are middle management or bow down to them.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: congrats to joe burrow you mean right, was zac throwing the ball. players get the win, coaches get the losses. some of you are middle management or bow down to them.

It takes an organization to win and that includes the coaches and players. I lean toward the perspective that the players' on field actions matter more. It doesn't diminish Zac secured a winning season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He did call a bold game today. If this team is going to win one of these last 2, make
the playoffs and do something of note there (win a game??), he’ll need to keep that mindset.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Playing Burrow the second half of the 4th quarter was some of the stupidest coaching I have ever seen.  If Joe had gotten injured you guys would be eviscerating Taylor.   But since it worked out you think Zac was smart?!?!?

You just can't judge coaching like that.  

And this is coming from a guy who defended Zac running the ball on our last drive against the Niners.

Just because a decision works out does not make it "smart", and just because it does not work does not automatically make it "stupid".

I couldn't agree more, I have no idea why he didn't take players out. makes zero sense. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:44 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The old playing to win and not to lose mentality.

Tecmo knows whats up.

(12-26-2021, 10:56 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Damn right.  I don't recall Belicheat ever taking out Tom Brady. 

Same as Daddy-O. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:17 AM)M.W. Wrote: I couldn't agree more, I have no idea why he didn't take players out. makes zero sense. 

We are trying to win it all. A player can get hurt walking to the locker room.

Don't get why we have to put bubble wrap on a guy who doesn't want it like Burrow.

Now I do want to spread the RB snaps around more so Mixon doesn't get worn out, I understand that thought.
Reply/Quote
TBH, if we were playing the Stealers, I would have wanted Burrow on the bench in the last half of the 4th quarter. But we weren't, we were playing Baltimore. While I do not like this organization either, because of their douchebag coaches, their players are not what I would refer to as Shitsburgh dirty. While they were occasionally getting to Burrow, they weren't taking cheap shots and driving him into the ground. Personally, I don't think Josh Bynes would allow them to purposefully try to hurt Burrow. Burrow was having fun, breaking records, and getting the team fired up to play KC. The last throw to Mixon was him showing they can do anything they want to Baltimore at will. Taking him out would have killed all that.
Reply/Quote
Yesterday my estimation of and respect for Zac Taylor increased. That’s saying a lot because I’m still of the opinion Taylor should be on the hot seat pending a postseason win. In mathematical language I still think it’s time to truncate this Taylor Series at the third order term.

However, something I saw yesterday gives me pause. Zac never took his foot off the gas and kept the Bengals’ offense in aggressive mode until the final minute of the game. I really didn’t believe Zac had it in him to put the team’s knee on the Ravens’ chest and dictate terms.

For me Zac Taylor’s ability to prepare the Bengals to play the Chiefs will be the test I need to see. This will be the biggest game Zac has ever faced as head coach.
Reply/Quote
Every week Zac gets a "new test" he needs to pass to prove his worth. It's our first winning season since 2015, with a team some pundits predicted would win a mere three games. If that doesn't warrant him another year, I dunno what does.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Every week Zac gets a "new test" he needs to pass to prove his worth. It's our first winning season since 2015, with a team some pundits predicted would win a mere three games. If that doesn't warrant him another year, I dunno what does.

He is young and learning too so the sky is the limit unlike say an old coach that doesn't adjust and learn from the mistakes.

Cannot let the game pass you by.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Playing Burrow the second half of the 4th quarter was some of the stupidest coaching I have ever seen.  If Joe had gotten injured you guys would be eviscerating Taylor.   But since it worked out you think Zac was smart?!?!?

You just can't judge coaching like that.  

And this is coming from a guy who defended Zac running the ball on our last drive against the Niners.

Just because a decision works out does not make it "smart", and just because it does not work does not automatically make it "stupid".

Absolutely and could not agree more

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Absolutely and could not agree more

You judge coaching by results. This team was a bottom feeder from 2018-2020 and they are poised for some great success and will be able to attract better free agents. Thank goodness the recent free agents Taylor made a huge impression on sharing his vision for this team and convincing them to come here. Taylor left Burrow in because he begged him but told him not to scramble and immediately to get rid of it. He can’t win with you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He secured his first winning season as an NFL head coach while watching his franchise QB set a team record in passing yards for a game.

Who Dey

Definite props to Taylor and the Bengals.
I predicted 7-9 wins this season, but no way did I think they'd be vying for a division crown and playoff berth.
While there's still some inconsistency, I see a much better team than what we've seen the previous two years.
Regardless of what happens regarding the postseason, this season is returning optimism, and next year should give a lot of hope, provided they either keep most of their FA talent and/or add more in FA. If they can do well again in the offseason in FA and get a couple key contributors in the draft, they can really be an upper-tier contender next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Zac's reasoning for keeping Burrow in made sense to me. He's doing the opposite of what many have scolded him and especially Marvin for..... He's playing to win and not playing "not to lose".

As someone that has been a big Taylor fan this whole time, I understand many are still not ready to join my side, but I gotta say I'm enjoying the heck out of watching this brotherhood culture pay off. Even when we were losing last year, you could see a difference in the team as far as the games being fun to watch again.

And the good news.... it's getting better, not worse.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:57 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Zac's reasoning for keeping Burrow in made sense to me.  He's doing the opposite of what many have scolded him and especially Marvin for..... He's playing to win and not playing "not to lose".  

As someone that has been a big Taylor fan this whole time, I understand many are still not ready to join my side, but I gotta say I'm enjoying the heck out of watching this brotherhood culture pay off.  Even when we were losing last year, you could see a difference in the team as far as the games being fun to watch again.  

And the good news.... it's getting better, not worse.

Rep.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  The last throw to Mixon was him showing they can do anything they want to Baltimore at will. 

Only when 3 of their top 4 CBs had just been called up from the practice squad.  Not backups already on the roster, but practice squad players.

All it proved is that we can look good against a team of scrubs and back ups.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only when 3 of their top 4 CBs had just been called up from the practice squad.  Not backups already on the roster, but practice squad players.

All it proved is that we can look good against a team of scrubs and back ups.

Not matter how hard you try, you're not crapping on this parade..... Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:57 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote:   Even when we were losing last year, you could see a difference in the team as far as the games being fun to watch again.  

No we could not.  You just made that up.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not matter how hard you try, you're not crapping on this parade..... Wink

Great, now I've just pictured Fred standing on a balcony with his pants down after eating a bunch of Taco Bell.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No we could not.  You just made that up.

You couldn't, we could.
Reply/Quote