Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congrats to Coach Taylor
(12-28-2021, 01:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You couldn't, we could.

Really?

Was it fun watching us lose to the 6 win Cowboys by 23 points?

Or the 6 win Giants by 11 points?

Or tying the 4 win Eagles?

How about being outscored by the Ravens 65-6?  Was that the fun part for you?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No we could not.  You just made that up.

100% wrong and another nonsensical post. I could.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No we could not.  You just made that up.

Certainly not making anything up.  

Let me be more specific so I don't come off as combative.

In the Andy Dalton years, if you're watching on TV and he throws it, before the camera man can move with the ball, you're immediately holding your breath thinking "ugh, what's gonna happen" .  That's no discredit to Andy, he had some pretty good years here.  

In the now Burrow era, when he throws it, I'm already nearly jumping off the couch excited to see what spectacular throw and catch I'm about to see.  

Burrow and the offense Zac has installed is exciting and fun to watch.  We are putting up points like we did with CP9 and Ocho/Housch.

Next year, when we finally get a pass catching tight end it's gonna get nuts.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:37 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Certainly not making anything up.  

Let me be more specific so I don't come off as combative.

In the Andy Dalton years, if you're watching on TV and he throws it, before the camera man can move with the ball, you're immediately holding your breath thinking "ugh, what's gonna happen" .  That's no discredit to Andy, he had some pretty good years here.  

In the now Burrow era, when he throws it, I'm already nearly jumping off the couch excited to see what spectacular throw and catch I'm about to see.  

Burrow and the offense Zac has installed is exciting and fun to watch.  We are putting up points like we did with CP9 and Ocho/Housch.

Next year, when we finally get a pass catching tight end it's gonna get nuts.

It is kind of sad you have to explain your post to him, but kind you did even though he doesn't deserve your energy. It was obvious what you meant, Burrow was a #1 pick an elite college player. He brings a level of excitement to watching games. Toasty just doesn't know fact versus opinion yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:41 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It is kind of sad you have to explain your post to him, but kind you did even though he doesn't deserve your energy. It was obvious what you meant, Burrow was a #1 pick an elite college player. He brings a level of excitement to watching games. Toasty just doesn't know fact versus opinion yet.

I'll be honest, I think he knows too.  I think it was argument for argument's sake, but decided to explain it in the off-chance that I'm wrong in my assumption.  I mean, I'd have to imagine any Bengals fan over the years has been like "oh snap, now we're cookin with gas" watching these last couple years.  I hope more people are enjoying this like I am.  We all know too well it's not forever.  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:41 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote:  Burrow was a #1 pick an elite college player. He brings a level of excitement to watching games. Toasty just doesn't know fact versus opinion yet.

How about this.

Fact....Burrow was the 24th ranked QB last year with a 2-7-1 record as a starter.

Opinion...Watching a below average QB on a bad offense win only twice in 10 starts is EXCITING.

Does that explain the difference between "fact" and "opinion" well enough for you?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How about this.

Fact....Burrow was the 24th ranked QB last year with a 2-7-1 record as a starter.

Opinion...Watching a below average QB on a bad offense win only twice in 10 starts is EXCITING.

Does that explain the difference between "fact" and "opinion" well enough for you?

This is all irrelevant when discussing that people were excited to watch Burrow play. Reading comprehension, bro.
Reply/Quote
I like Zac Taylor as a Head Coach... still think he should give up the playbook. That's my only gripe but if we make the playoffs and win a game who am I to argue with those results.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only when 3 of their top 4 CBs had just been called up from the practice squad.  Not backups already on the roster, but practice squad players.

All it proved is that we can look good against a team of scrubs and back ups.

Is that what we did when we beat em 41-17 earlier in the year, at their house?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:09 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is all irrelevant when discussing that people were excited to watch Burrow play. Reading comprehension, bro.

I just posted proof that the "excitement" was based on something you made up in your head (opinion) instead of what you saw on the field (fact) and you claim that is "irrelevant" to the claim that the team was more exciting to watch last year?

Seriously?  You think I am the one with reading comprehension problems?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Is that what we did when we beat em 41-17 earlier in the year, at their house?

No.  The Ravens were already missing a bunch of starters due to injury for that game we beat them down hard.  And we did it without attempting a single pass in the final 14:55 of the game or Mixon having a single carry in the final 8 minutes.

So my original point stands.  It was stupid to have Burrow and Mixon in there trying to rack up meaningless stats in garbage time. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I just posted proof that the "excitement" was based on something you made up in your head (opinion) instead of what you saw on the field (fact) and you claim that is "irrelevant" to the claim that the team was more exciting to watch last year?

Seriously?  You think I am the one with reading comprehension problems?

This assumes your distorted way of framing the conversation is the correct way, it isn't. Excitement is a feeling, not something one makes up in their head as a developed opinion. Reading comprehension problems, yet again.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  The Ravens were already missing a bunch of starters due to injury for that game we beat them down hard.  And we did it without attempting a single pass in the final 14:55 of the game or Mixon having a single carry in the final 8 minutes.

So my original point stands.  It was stupid to have Burrow and Mixon in there trying to rack up meaningless stats in garbage time. 

There's another coach that does this.  You may have heard of him..... Bill Belichick.  

Ninja Gosh, I'd hate for Zac to turn out like him... wouldn't you?  Ninja 
Reply/Quote
Congratulations Zac! Pay the man for annual contracts only now.
Reply/Quote
Is 9-8 really worth extending? With the talent on this team 10-7 should be bare minimum if he gets 10 wins extend him if he fails let him go.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 04:38 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Is 9-8 really worth extending? With the talent on this team 10-7 should be bare minimum if he gets 10 wins extend him if he fails let him go.

At face value, I tend to agree.  But this requires a step back to look at big picture.  Zac has shown the ability to take a team in disarray and has proven he can cut through it and make it respectable..... and that's just all we've seen thus far.  

With this team he has built or HELPED build (Tobin and folks have something to do with this too), I see no reason to be anything but encouraged and excited about the teams trajectory.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 04:38 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Is 9-8 really worth extending? With the talent on this team 10-7 should be bare minimum if he gets 10 wins extend him if he fails let him go.

10-7 gets him one of the favorites according to Vegas for COY so I’d say yes but 10-7 nobody thought was attainable before the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  The Ravens were already missing a bunch of starters due to injury for that game we beat them down hard.  And we did it without attempting a single pass in the final 14:55 of the game or Mixon having a single carry in the final 8 minutes.

Speaking of opinions; this seems like one. You have no idea what those stats meant to the team. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Most of the talent on this team is very young. If they should have been 10-7, why did all the experts pick them to be 6 wins or less? You're really just moving the bar here....
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:21 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I like Zac Taylor as a Head Coach... still think he should give up the playbook.   That's my only gripe but if we make the playoffs and win a game who am I to argue with those results.

The problem is you asking to give up playbook as we are now in top 10 in offense in the league, seems reverse logic..
Reply/Quote