Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Hendrickson
Broke club record for sacks and continued his streak Who Dey .....
Reply/Quote
Lots of records today (Burrow, Chase, Hendrickson). Too bad McPherson missed that 50 as that would have been another one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lots of records today (Burrow, Chase, Hendrickson). Too bad McPherson missed that 50 as that would have been another one.

He’s got two games to do it.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:14 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: He’s got two games to do it.

I know lol.

It just would have been cool to see it today with all the other records.

Reply/Quote
That sack today was a beaut. What a pickup in the offseason
Reply/Quote
Dude is the heart and soul of the defense with his motor and putting up the stats.

Although, I do like Reader as well!
Reply/Quote
TREY BE A BEAST!!!Say What
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 07:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: TREY BE A BEAST!!!Say What

Guys this just feels so good  im so proud of our Bengals they are coming to play. i feel like they could beat anyone now.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:06 PM)kurisu Wrote: Guys this just feels so good  im so proud of our Bengals they are coming to play. i feel like they could beat anyone now.

Yeah, it gave me ultimate confidence. We even had Prince starting at RT and playing well against some good pass rushers.

Fred Johnson played well last week. We might be getting back Logan Wilson soon on Defense.

Even the Chiefs don't scare me now but we need to remember the last time we beat the Ravens down and had a let down 
after. Cannot let that happen against the Chiefs, keep the pedal to the metal.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Even the Chiefs don't scare me now but we need to remember the last time we beat the Ravens down and had a let down 

We just beat a team of mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers.  Surely the players and coaches realize this.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We just beat a team of mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers.  Surely the players and coaches realize this.

True, we aren't going to overlook the Chiefs. This is like our Superbowl before the real one. Need to give Mahomes troubles.

Keep him in the pocket as he is the best passer on the run out of the pocket I have ever seen.
Reply/Quote
One of the best pick ups in Bengals history.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We just beat a team of mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers.  Surely the players and coaches realize this.

INjuries are not an excuse, remember? At least that's what I hear every time we talk about last year's decimated roster. As it is, we played without our 1st or 2nd string RT (Reiff and Johnson) and 1St and 2nd string Linebackers (Wilson and ADG). So yes, they should have beaten Baltimore..... and they did so in a utterly dominating fashion.
Reply/Quote
Breaking the (official) team sack record is even more impressive than it sounds.

Dunlap played 880 snaps in 2015 and opponents threw the ball 646 times.

I don't have snaps stats for today but Trey had only played 628 snaps through 14 games, and through 15 games opponents have only attempted 567 passes.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, it gave me ultimate confidence. We even had Prince starting at RT and playing well against some good pass rushers.

Fred Johnson played well last week. We might be getting back Logan Wilson soon on Defense.

Even the Chiefs don't scare me now but we need to remember the last time we beat the Ravens down and had a let down 

Getting Wilson back in the lineup should be a huge shot in the arm for the morale of the defense, for sure, but kudos to Trey Hendrickson today!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Getting Wilson back in the lineup should be a huge shot in the arm for the morale of the defense, for sure, but kudos to Trey Hendrickson today!

I can see QB's, Cornerbacks, etc. coming back and playing through shoulder injuries, I just don't see how a linebacker can do it.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: INjuries are not an excuse, remember? 

I remember that I am alwasy disagreeing with this statement.

Even though I am not a big fan of Taylor I am thr first to admit that we had terrible luck with injuries last year.  Every team has injuries but some teams get it worse than others.  And everyone from the bookmakers to the commentators know that injuries effect a team's ability to win. 

The fact is that the Ravens team we just beat was missing more players than almost any I can remember.  And I think the players and coaches realize this.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I can see QB's, Cornerbacks, etc. coming back and playing through shoulder injuries, I just don't see how a linebacker can do it.

As I understand, he has a tear in the labrum.  While needing to be surgically repaired, he might be able to function mostly fine, once the initial pain from the injury passes.  You'd be surprised what athletes can do, despite having injuries needing repaired.  For example, I was still able to put 305# overhead, despite having tears in both the labrum and the rotator cuff.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Does he need one more game to set the NFL record or is it two more games?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote:
I remember that I am alwasy disagreeing with this statement.

Even though I am not a big fan of Taylor I am thr first to admit that we had terrible luck with injuries last year.  Every team has injuries but some teams get it worse than others.  And everyone from the bookmakers to the commentators know that injuries effect a team's ability to win. 

The fact is that the Ravens team we just beat was missing more players than almost any I can remember.  And I think the players and coaches realize this.

Yes, you do. I was talking about some others. 
Reply/Quote