Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have 3 weeks to wrap our brains around it
But if we win against Denver, we won't have to deal with Pittsburgh until the AFC championship, if at all.

As the 1st seed, New England would get to play the lower seed of the winners in the wild card round.

Pittsburgh being the 6th seed means we'd play whoever won the other game, or Denver if they beat Pitt (not likely).
Reply/Quote
If we lose to Denver but beat Baltimore and get the division, and then face the Steelers on Wild Card weekend, I'm wondering what PBS will look like. How many Bengals fans will just say "Screw it, I've seen this movie before" and either not buy tickets or just dump their tickets where Steeler fans can snatch them up? Man, they could flood that place for a playoff game. Still a Bengals majority, but still too many of those assholes waving piss towels.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 05:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: If we can't beat Denver, we can't beat the Steelers. So I agree with Joe, our chances for playoff success will be decided Monday night.

Completely disagree.  Even if Dalton isn't back for round 1, they know their divisional foes better and always play each other very tough.  

Hopefully, it won't come to that and they are able to beat Denver and their backup QB with a backup QB.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's never a fear of losing that makes me hate playing the Steelers. It's the Steelers fans. They are so relentlessly awful that it makes the entire game miserable. Winning doesn't make up for the 3+ hours of their crud, either. Aside from never enjoying the "scoreboard" revenge, they're fans are just as schmucky in defeat as they are in victory.

I hate playing the Steelers because I hate spending a game hating people in the stands so much.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 10:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If we lose to Denver but beat Baltimore and get the division, and then face the Steelers on Wild Card weekend, I'm wondering what PBS will look like.  How many Bengals fans will just say "Screw it, I've seen this movie before" and either not buy tickets or just dump their tickets where Steeler fans can snatch them up?  Man, they could flood that place for a playoff game.  Still a Bengals majority, but still too many of those assholes waving piss towels.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Playoff-tickets

......according to this, it's already sold out.  If true, that would be a good sign for The Jungle to be in full effect.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I don't get the big deal about being afraid of the Steelers. I think it is tougher to beat a team 3 times in a row. They split this year and the Bengals were down so many starters last game it was hardly something to compare to if they have most of those guys back. I also don't care what the record is at home over the last X amount of years. The 2015 Bengals have to play the 2015 Steelers for an hour. Nothing else should play into that in regards to tipping scales.

They want to win a Superbowl they are going to have to fight through adversity and really good teams to do so. Better to have them fight early and get better through the end of the season, whenever that may be.
Reply/Quote
This is my first post.

This thread is embarrassing. **** the Steelers, I hope the Bengals play them and kick their ass.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:00 PM)Locutus Wrote: This is my first post.

This thread is embarrassing.  **** the Steelers, I hope the Bengals play them and kick their ass.

LOL. Welcome aboard. Rep.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 08:36 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The Bengals are winning Monday night and then Pittsburgh is going to lose to New England.  Simple as that!

I would actually be happy if the Steelers beat NE, and had to come to PBS to go to the SB.

After the last game, the Bengals will be primed for a little payback.  Not only that, but Jones was out the last time.  Even with Jones out, the Bengals held the WRs to 0 TDs.  As someone already mentioned, take out the 2 mistakes by our inexperienced QB who was just thrown into the mix and the Bengals win 20-19.  Let us also not forget the Nuge missed a very make-able FG.  So the score could have been 23-19.

I know this is a lot of could've, would'ves, but to be the last Steelers game seemed very misleading.  The score looked like it was a blowout, but it is as if the game was a lot closer than it appeared. 

I mean, if Nuge makes his FG, we are looking at a 13-16 game.  Which I think would have changed the playcalling, and AJM wouldn't have thrown the pick 6 to start the 2nd half. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:00 PM)Locutus Wrote: This is my first post.

This thread is embarrassing.  **** the Steelers, I hope the Bengals play them and kick their ass.

Meh this post is quite the norm around here. Welcome to the boards.  ThumbsUp
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:46 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I would actually be happy if the Steelers beat NE, and had to come to PBS to go to the SB.

After the last game, the Bengals will be primed for a little payback.  Not only that, but Jones was out the last time.  Even with Jones out, the Bengals held the WRs to 0 TDs.  As someone already mentioned, take out the 2 mistakes by our inexperienced QB who was just thrown into the mix and the Bengals win 20-19.  Let us also not forget the Nuge missed a very make-able FG.  So the score could have been 23-19.

I know this is a lot of could've, would'ves, but to be the last Steelers game seemed very misleading.  The score looked like it was a blowout, but it is as if the game was a lot closer than it appeared. 

I mean, if Nuge makes his FG, we are looking at a 13-16 game.  Which I think would have changed the playcalling, and AJM wouldn't have thrown the pick 6 to start the 2nd half. 
Yup, a lot of could've and should've, but it's facts. Just some bad licks we didn't overcome. Screw pissburg and tomlin, if he knew how stupid and unprofessional he looked bumping his chest and pointing at the camera, he may think twice before doing it again.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 04:54 PM)Beaker Wrote: There is a very high likelihood the Bengals will be playing the steelers in the wildcard round. We have 3 weeks to accept it and change the way we are thinking of that game. We need to stop with the negativity and have the entire fanbase quit being scared little Nancys. The Bengals are the better team. They have shown that all season. We as fans need to start sending out the positive energy and get rid of the negativity.

Why do you think the browns and bills always find a way to lose? Because everyone believes they will and they fulfill that destiny. The negativity surrounding those teams is rampant. The Bengals can and will beat the steelers. We beat them at their place. We beat them in prime time 2 years ago. We lost to them with a back up QB and decimated secondary last week. But even with those factors, you take away the 2 big mistakes and the Bengals win 20-19.

Stpo putting the negative energy and doubt out there! Turn that "we always lose to the steelers" into "the Bengals will beat the steelers" and believe it! We will create our own reality. What better launching point for a deep run in the playoffs than breaking our streak against our most hated rivals? Its time for we the fans to change our narrative. You have 3 weeks to wrap your head around the fact that the steelers will be coming here for the playoffs. Embrace it. Look forward to it. Get excited for the fact that we will be knocking the hated steeelers out of the playoffs. Think of all the butthurt it will create for steeler fans! Who could ask for anything better?

Bring on the steelers!

I like the post but i think we beat the Broncos Monday night so this scenario might not happen.

Even though i do believe we would beat the Steelers with a healthy Dalton and Adam Jones in the Playoffs.

The thing is getting the bye helps us getting a healthy Dalton and Adam Jones much more likely...

Nothing but positive energy coming from out here in good ole Wyoming.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 09:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Browns continue to lose because they're a terribly run organization that has no direction or leadership. It has nothing to do with bad energy from their fan base. 

Our thoughts (Bengals fans) has nothing to do with whether the Bengals will or won't win a playoff game. No matter how much we want them to win or root for them to win...it will come down to real things like game planning, preparation, execution, tackling, converting 3rd downs, play in the trenches, etc...not vibes from the fan base. 

I'm sure the overwhelming majority are 'excited' about the prospect of finally getting that elusive playoff win, but at the same time, for some...that excitement is a little guarded because of recent playoff disappointments. 

I agree that we have the talent to beat anyone in the postseason, especially if fairly healthy. Now, it's just a matter of them actually going out and proving it. I'll be hoping, wishing and rooting as hard as anyone, but it's up to the coaches and players to go out and make it happen. 
I agree.  Those apes sell that dump stadium out regardless of how bad that team is.  Until this year we were wondering if home games would be blacked out (except when they play Pit. and Cle.) every week.  AJ Green played his rookie season in a half empty stadium.  Negativity runs wild in our  fan base.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Actually most scenarios has PIT being #5 and the Bengals would not play them unless it were the AFC championship.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
If pitt makes it i hope it works out we play them in the afc championship. We beat them going into the Super Bowl and we are rolling full steam ahead
Reply/Quote
I'm much more confident to beat theam at 1-1 on the season than 2-0

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote