Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Running Game Against The 31st Rushing Defense Today
(12-23-2015, 11:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How about Andre Smith getting shoved right into J. Hill, helping to cause a fumble?

How about Whit completely missing a corner blitz?

How about Boling and Zeitler failing to sustain blocks on LBs, repeatedly all game long?

That was the fault of the center losing off the snap.

He didn't. He had a responsibility. That was QB's man. Hot read. He didn't make it. 

I only really saw 2 or 3 times this happened. 2 of them were incredible plays by Bowman. 

We have a nasty habit of seeing a few plays and extrapolating them to as  "all game long"

TEs and WR missed more blocks than the OL did. 

Oh and Hewitt wasn't good yesterday, but people get sensitive if you critique the great white hope too hard.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 11:57 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That was the fault of the center losing off the snap.

He didn't. He had a responsibility. That was QB's man. Hot read. He didn't make it. 

I only really saw 2 or 3 times this happened. 2 of them were incredible plays by Bowman. 

We have a nasty habit of seeing a few plays and extrapolating them to as  "all game long"

TEs and WR missed more blocks than the OL did. 

Oh and Hewitt wasn't good yesterday, but people get sensitive if you critique the great white hope too hard.

Not going to disagree with that.  I have been guilty of that.

However, it was blatantly apparent, when it took about 4 plays from the 1 to get that first score, that the OL had no spirit to move the SF front.  Then, to see the between the tackles running game get foiled at seemingly every crucial moment, throughout the game can give the appearance of them getting owned all game long.  I get that Bodine was completely the weakest link, he gets mauled by NTs. 

Why not bench Bodine for a series?  McCarron is likely more used to working with Johnson in practice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 12:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not going to disagree with that.  I have been guilty of that.

However, it was blatantly apparent, when it took about 4 plays from the 1 to get that first score, that the OL had no spirit to move the SF front.  Then, to see the between the tackles running game get foiled at seemingly every crucial moment, throughout the game can give the appearance of them getting owned all game long.  I get that Bodine was completely the weakest link, he gets mauled by NTs. 

Why not bench Bodine for a series?  McCarron is likely more used to working with Johnson in practice.

Everyone gets that.....what no one gets is why our "all world" o line coach wanted him so badly, yet can't get him going.  Does Bodine tickle the ivories or something? LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 12:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not going to disagree with that.  I have been guilty of that.

Because they weren't going to throw? SF played the run hard. Knew we were running it

Because TJ Johnson is garbage. He makes Bodine look good by comparison.
Bodine should be a high end back up. Quality off the bench. Mistakes would then mostly be hidden and limited. He'd have Trevor Robinson syndrome then
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 12:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Because they weren't going to throw? SF played the run hard. Knew we were running it

Because TJ Johnson is garbage. He makes Bodine look good by comparison.
Bodine should be a high end back up. Quality off the bench. Mistakes would then mostly be hidden and limited. He'd have Trevor Robinson syndrome then

I fully agree Bodine is our weak link ! I fully agree our backs and receivers got beat on certain plays.

But I also believe you're trying a little to hard to cover up a sub par performance by the rest of the O-line. You can see they get no push on nearly every run play, in fact they get shoved backwards. Andre Smith even gets pancaked once. Like sunset said they don't sustain blocks downfield at all more often than not.

In fact one night even say you could see their heart wasn't in it. I get that they were selling out to stop the run and saying Macaroni you're going to have to beat us thru the air. But still we helped make their run D look much better than it actually is thru a very visible lack of effort.

IMHO
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 11:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Mathis was a piece of shit here. He was lazy at practice. 

Boling was a 4th rounder.
Rich Braham was a throw away.
Kyle Cook was a UDFA.
Bobbie Williams became an All-Pro caliber RG under him.
Anthony Collins 4th rounder.

People need to get this notion that teams pull a ton of quality OL out of the back end of the draft. 
For every OL success out of the back end, there's two dozen failures. 

So what if he was a POS, he was ten times better than Livings who PA repeatedly started ahead of him.

Braham was good no doubt, Cook sucked and just got worse after injury. Bobbie was great for sure.

Collins was good in pass protection but was terrible at run blocking...

Not disagreeing with your last statement. Still, i think we could get a much more competent OL coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 04:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So what if he was a POS, he was ten times better than Livings who PA repeatedly started ahead of him.

Braham was good no doubt, Cook sucked and just got worse after injury. Bobbie was great for sure.

Collins was good in pass protection but was terrible at run blocking...

Not disagreeing with your last statement. Still, i think we could get a much more competent OL coach.

Cook didn't suck until after the injury. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 02:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I fully agree Bodine is our weak link ! I fully agree our backs and receivers got beat on certain plays.

But I also believe you're trying a little to hard to cover up a sub par performance by the rest of the O-line. You can see they get no push on nearly every run play, in fact they get shoved backwards. Andre Smith even gets pancaked once. Like sunset said they don't sustain blocks downfield at all more often than not.

In fact one night even say you could see their heart wasn't in it. I get that they were selling out to stop the run and saying Macaroni you're going to have to beat us thru the air. But still we helped make their run D look much better than it actually is thru a very visible lack of effort.

IMHO

I'm not covering shit up.
I've posted the images. 
I could post more.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 05:18 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Cook didn't suck until after the injury. 

Yeah, i agree with that.

The injury did him in.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 05:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i agree with that.

The injury did him in.

It was relative....compared to Guicheck....he looked good.  Reality though....he wasn't very good , the injury just made him terrible.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 07:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: It was relative....compared to Guicheck....he looked good.  Reality though....he wasn't very good , the injury just made him terrible.

Agree as usual.
Reply/Quote