Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Running Game Against The 31st Rushing Defense Today
(12-21-2015, 12:14 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....was just getting ready to say.  I guess that puts that assertion to bed....and it was a correct assertion.  Dalton makes them look better and Paul Alexander is indeed a turd.

Oh look the local Paul Alexander basher is in the hizzouse!
Ninja

No surprise that with one bad game in 14 you needed to pounce lol.

Hardly the OL fault. Hard to run block when the other team doesn't respect your QB. They had no fear of AJ throwing on them. Especially when AJ Green left. 
They sold out on the run
Reply/Quote
Denver is going to roll the Bengals team that played today.

That said, we don't know which Bengal team will show up in Denver. They are going to have to let McCarron throw deep. Granted, I didn't see much of today's game and didn't know AJ Green was out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:19 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Oh look the local Paul Alexander basher is in the hizzouse!
Ninja

Hardly the OL fault. Hard to run block when the other team doesn't respect your QB. They had no fear of AJ throwing on them. Especially when AJ Green left. 
They sold out on the run

This
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:19 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Oh look the local Paul Alexander basher is in the hizzouse!
Ninja

They sold out on the run

I agree on the run, but 4 sacks in 21 pass attempts? It does look like those quick release times from Dalton make the pass pro look better.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Having a QB with a 2.2 second release time is a big benefit for an OL. It also helps in play design because the linemen don't need to hold their blocks as long.

We may need to go with an extra blocker in the backfield (Hewitt or Fisher) and use single back in order to have enough bodies to let pass plays develop.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:44 PM)milksheikh Wrote: 4 sacks, although most of it was on Macaroni holding ball too long..

Still uncharacteristic.

Did you see the coverage when AJ got sacked?  For some reason Hue just cannot seem to design pass plays meant to take chunks of yards that guys like Manning and Brady have made a career on.  

Any passes shorter than 10-15 yards always seem to be designed for our TEs and RBs.  I saw zero pass plays to our receiving Corp that were over the middle.  

While most offensive coordinators can effectively neutralize teams stacking the box and consistently pressuring the QB, Hue keeps calling for runs up the middle and long developing pass plays.

My favorite was the deep throw to Jones.  Especially the part where whoever designed that play had our TE streaking down the field right next to him essentially bringing the safety over top for double coverage.  

Glad we won but these kind of shenanigans are not going to cut it against teams who actually make it into the playoffs that have real NFL level coaches.  
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:28 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Glad we won but these kind of shenanigans are not going to cut it against teams who actually make it into the playoffs that have real NFL level coaches.  

Yeah, our coaches could never ever beat the Seahawks

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:28 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: While most offensive coordinators can effectively neutralize teams stacking the box and consistently pressuring the QB, Hue keeps calling for runs up the middle and long developing pass plays.

Is that why the Bengals offense is 4th in points scored and 6th in yards?

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:51 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I agree on the run, but 4 sacks in 21 pass attempts? It does look like those quick release times from Dalton make the pass pro look better.

Well the statuesque QB doesn't help. McCarron outside the pocket is about as lethal as a marshmallow gun. 

McCarron has to also make coverage calls and know when a guy is coming in hot. I know at least one sack was on AJ alone as a bad read. He didn't read a hot blitzer off the left edge. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:17 AM)GodFather Wrote: Well the saddest telling moment was 3rd and 1...no gain..4th and less than one stopped. Our  online couldn't even have enough push to let the running game get a yard? If Andy was in there Hue would have called a QB sneak like he always does this season. Now we know why.

Wasn't it only a month ago when people were saying we lost the a game because we didn't run it with Gio and get the "guaranteed first down" on 3rd and 2 or something?  Now Hue is a moron for thinking Gio can get a few inches?  Ida know.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:45 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Wasn't it only a month ago when people were saying we lost the a game because we didn't run it with Gio and get the "guaranteed first down" on 3rd and 2 or something?  Now Hue is a moron for thinking Gio can get a few inches?  Ida know.

Board members try to look smart when they look at things in hindsight.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd have sworn we won the game today, but coming to this board you'd think we lost and the season was over. This isn't college, there are no style points all that matters is getting the win. Back-up QB, on the road against a team that got gashed badly last week, and they came away with the win, take it and be happy. Time to get ready for Denver and hope they can get a win there to lock up a first round bye.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:17 AM)GodFather Wrote: Well the saddest telling moment was 3rd and 1...no gain..4th and less than one stopped. Our  online couldn't even have enough push to let the running game get a yard? If Andy was in there Hue would have called a QB sneak like he always does this season. Now we know why.

That's telling.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 04:16 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'd have sworn we won the game today, but coming to this board you'd think we lost and the season was over. This isn't college, there are no style points all that matters is getting the win. Back-up QB, on the road against a team that got gashed badly last week, and they came away with the win, take it and be happy. Time to get ready for Denver and hope they can get a win there to lock up a first round bye.

So, just because you win, you have nothing to improve on? Seriously. The only time you can make this point is when the Superbowl was won. Complacency in life gets you nowhere. Jordan should have stopped at 1 championship. Actually he should have stopped before the first championship, he was GOAT without it.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Ive said it all along we have some great pass blockers on our line, but they stink to high hell when it comes to run blocking. Bodine is trash, and we need to draft the best center this year.
Reply/Quote
I understand that the 49ers were selling out against the run, but still, we have to be able to run better than that. The o-line was terrible at run blocking and not all that good at pass blocking yesterday. They and the coaches need to figure some things out if we are going to beat Denver.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
The last time the O line looked terrible, they took it to heart and looked really good the next game. Let's hope that trend continues.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 11:11 AM)Beaker Wrote: The last time the O line looked terrible, they took it to heart and looked really good the next game. Let's hope that trend continues.

How about it!?  They better take it to heart.  If not, we could be in trouble.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 11:11 AM)Beaker Wrote: The last time the O line looked terrible, they took it to heart and looked really good the next game. Let's hope that trend continues.

They better, because Denver is only in the position they are because of their brutal defense. This was going to be a very hard game to win in Denver even when Andy was healthy. The O-Line is going to have to really step it up fro here on out.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:31 PM)GodFather Wrote: Net Yards Rushing 68
Total Rushing Plays 36
Average Gain per Rushing Play 1.9

Simply put.....Pathetic.

You to Brutus....really......49ers were in the box all day long in run defense because of our pretty much a rookie QB in his first game....Bengals won the game and clinched play-offs and did not throw the kid QB to the wolves but instead had HUe and Dalton coach him up all game on sidelines and yes, they didn't ask out of him what would be asked of a veteran QB.....they are trying to build his confidence and get the 2 time college championship QB ready for NFL play-offs. 

I can't believe all the negativity after wnning and clinching play-offs....We have the # 4 offense and the # 2 defense....We have a SUPER BOWL DEFENSE and still many weapons on offense.....Negative Grinches will not steal my CHristmas....This is a day to be happy, WE Won. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote