Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Congrats to the guys....
Everyone is kind of in meltdown mode right now, and throwing shade at certain players. I get it. I' beyond pissed at the refereeing in this game. They called our o-line for holding all night. That's fine, they were holding. What irks me is they didn't call holding on KC, and they were holding like they wore black and yellow. I truly think this was roger Goodell's revenge for the "Better send those refunds" and the "We're sorry, we just keep messing their plans up" comments. There was no way they NFL was not going to have their darling Chiefs in the Super Bowl. All that said....

Congratulations to the organization on another great year. It ended one game sooner than we would like, but to go to the Super Bowl last year, and to the AFCCG this year, with a still young QB and receivers who are just going to continue to improve is quite the accomplishment. It looks like we dodged a bullet and will keep our Lou and Pitch, we'll see about Callahan. (Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing someone new in the OC office) Let's reload in the draft, pick up a couple more free agent upgrades, and run it back again next year. All in all, the injuries on the oline just derailed us this year. It happens. And oh yeah, I saw Bengal Jim calling for a Federal Investigation...

#Boycottthesuperbowl.......

[Image: Gm8cDSfl.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely! The Cincinnati Bengals are now a force to be reckoned with. There were 28 teams who didn’t make it to their conference championships.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What a great couple seasons. This coach has bred a new life & culture into the organization and we look/act like an actual NFL team. This is a culture that I feel will keep us winning for some time.

Reply/Quote
We're witnessing the greatest run of Bengals football ever. I'm thankful for that.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have had a great run. The past two seasons have been very fun. Disappointed in the loss, but at the end of the day it is just a game. It doesn't affect the day-to-day. They'll be back on TV in 220 days. Looking forward to watching them again.
Reply/Quote
I agree, other than the officiating, I'm not mad at all. We've had two great years back to back. We're winning playoff games finally. It sucks to miss the dance, but who didn't have fun this season? If they didn't, they're just looking to be miserable.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I really want this team back. In most capacity next year. These are the guys. I hope we have a smart off-season and make good adjustments.

With the exception of a few, I really want this team back. A healthy Collins, a healthy Awuzie , Cappa , Williams, Wilson.
Reply/Quote
Said before: Around 40 years as a Bengals fan and have loved several players and have seen two teams get to the Super Bowl, but this is my favorite team of players ever. Good Oline and we beat the mess out of the Chiefs. Address that and some other imperfect positions in the off season and we will be even better. The Bills are regressing, the Bengals will be reloading.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I do have to admit it's better than a sharp stick in my eye or stepping on kids small hard plastic toys in the middle of the night barefoot..It's even better than running out of toilet paper at the last minute after consuming too many prunes ThumbsUp Just guessing about that last one..I wouldn't really know..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:23 AM)wcu Wrote: We're witnessing the greatest run of Bengals football ever. I'm thankful for that.

Truth!

We will see our Lombardi soon. I feel it and the ride will be amazing.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Everyone is kind of in meltdown mode right now, and throwing shade at certain players. I get it. I' beyond pissed at the refereeing in this game. They called our o-line for holding all night. That's fine, they were holding. What irks me is they didn't call holding on KC, and they were holding like they wore black and yellow. I truly think this was roger Goodell's revenge for the "Better send those refunds" and the "We're sorry, we just keep messing their plans up" comments. There was no way they NFL was not going to have their darling Chiefs in the Super Bowl. All that said....

Congratulations to the organization on another great year. It ended one game sooner than we would like, but to go to the Super Bowl last year, and to the AFCCG this year, with a still young QB and receivers who are just going to continue to improve is quite the accomplishment. It looks like we dodged a bullet and will keep our Lou and Pitch, we'll see about Callahan. (Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing someone new in the OC office) Let's reload in the draft, pick up a couple more free agent upgrades, and run it back again next year. All in all, the injuries on the oline just derailed us this year. It happens. And oh yeah, I saw Bengal Jim calling for a Federal Investigation...

Agree 100% with this and if there is any conspiracy theory towards the refereeing to me it would go back to the Refund comments. Its not smart to make the League the butt end of your joke imo. Could see Goodell lighting a cigar saying sorry I keep messing up your plans. 
Yet still the Bengals had their chances so not going to die on that hill. 

Am very pleased with the season and the teams direction, the future is bright and hopefully this game causes the Bengals put their nose to the grindstone and finish the job next year. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
And don't forget, Ron Torbert, or whatever the hell his name is, is the same guy that screwed up in last year's Super Bowl. That doesn't happen twice by accident.
Reply/Quote
Still proud of the team. Already looking forward to what next season has in store.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Back to back AFCCG and we're disappointed. The stuff of dreams for the Bengals for... basically our entire existence.

We lost but we're clearly on the right track. Yesterday would've hit less hard had we beaten the Rams the year before. Just need to get over the line but we're a lot closer than 95% of the league to doing it.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:23 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The Bengals have had a great run. The past two seasons have been very fun. Disappointed in the loss, but at the end of the day it is just a game. It doesn't affect the day-to-day. They'll be back on TV in 220 days. Looking forward to watching them again.

I'm truly envious of those who can so easily let games like this go.  Takes me a couple days to really get over it no matter how hard I try.

220 days is like an eternity.  lol.  Over a year to see if we can finally win one.

I really thought this was our year.  AFC is staked.  The Ravens wrecked our o-line in 2 games. The odds of getting to the SB again are low.  Especially with KC and Mahomes.  They are just next level.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And don't forget, Ron Torbert, or whatever the hell his name is, is the same guy that screwed up in last year's Super Bowl. That doesn't happen twice by accident.

And why was he placed in the position to do it two years in a row?  Glad someone has trust in Goodell because I sure as hell don't. Eff that SOB.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:11 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm truly envious of those who can so easily let games like this go.  Takes me a couple days to really get over it no matter how hard I try.

220 days is like an eternity.  lol.  Over a year to see if we can finally win one.

I really thought this was our year.  AFC is staked.  The Ravens wrecked our o-line in 2 games.  The odds of getting to the SB again are low.  Especially with KC and Mahomes.  They are just next level.

Dude, it used to wreck me. The Steelers WC game broke me. I'm serious, I had to self reflect after that one lol. I think the thing I am most sad about is the off-season length. Football is a fun hobby and interest of mine, and 220 days is a really long time. You're right, we just have to hope that next year at this time we are in better spirits. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:11 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm truly envious of those who can so easily let games like this go.  Takes me a couple days to really get over it no matter how hard I try.

I really thought this was our year.  AFC is staked.  The Ravens wrecked our o-line in 2 games.  The odds of getting to the SB again are low.  Especially with KC and Mahomes.  They are just next level.

Who would have thought we got to the SB last season instead of the Chiefs or the Bills? We couldn't even win a playoff game before that. This team defies all odds Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:20 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Dude, it used to wreck me. The Steelers WC game broke me. I'm serious, I had to self reflect after that one lol. I think the thing I am most sad about is the off-season length. Football is a fun hobby and interest of mine, and 220 days is a really long time. You're right, we just have to hope that next year at this time we are in better spirits. 

That game really changed my outlook too. I was livid. I became apathetic, so this change in the team's fortunes has really helped me just enjoy the games.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Everyone is kind of in meltdown mode right now, and throwing shade at certain players. I get it. I' beyond pissed at the refereeing in this game. They called our o-line for holding all night. That's fine, they were holding. What irks me is they didn't call holding on KC, and they were holding like they wore black and yellow. I truly think this was roger Goodell's revenge for the "Better send those refunds" and the "We're sorry, we just keep messing their plans up" comments. There was no way they NFL was not going to have their darling Chiefs in the Super Bowl. All that said....

Nice thread Sled. We all wanted to see us come out of this game with the dub, we played pretty great and pushed those 
Chiefs as far as they could go and almost had them. When you have a team of this caliber you are very blessed as a fan 
because you will have these instances where you can actually say, alright, they got us, we will be back.

Congratulations to the players, the coaches and the FO on what they accomplished the last 2 years, we are getting there...

Rock On
Reply/Quote