Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations President Elect, Donald Trump!
(11-11-2016, 05:29 PM)Griever Wrote: so trump isnt going to do away with gay marriage, kick 20 million people off healthcare (and possibly remove pre-existing conditions from being covered), take away rights from women, and keep religious groups out of the country that he doesnt like?

i must have seen a different trump over the last year then...

Trump released his 7 point plan for repeal and replace on Obamacare. 

I seriously doubt that he will move on Gay Marriage, abortion, or have any complete bans on any specific people from entering the country.  I do expect him to put the brakes on immigration, allow border enforcement, halt all incoming refugees until they are vetted.  That is just my opinion, and we all know how much that counts for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-11-2016, 06:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Trump released his 7 point plan for repeal and replace on Obamacare. 

I seriously doubt that he will move on Gay Marriage, abortion, or have any complete bans on any specific people from entering the country.  I do expect him to put the brakes on immigration, allow border enforcement, halt all incoming refugees until they are vetted.  That is just my opinion, and we all know how much that counts for.

HCR is going to be tricky. Really, what they've discussed hasn't been much for replacing, just repealing. Which is going to put us back on the same problematic path as before, steadily increasing costs as hospitals and providers try to recoup unpaid services, which leads to more unpaid services because people can't pay the higher costs.

I doubt he does anything with gay marriage, and Congress won't touch abortion. As much as they bang that drum at election time, they want nothing to do with passing anything related to abortion. And I don't think Trump is going to make it part of his agenda. 

My guess with immigration bans will be the previous approach which is to just tie up ICE more or reduce staff so that there's less legal immigration going on. Refugees are already heavily vetted (both by our own government and the UN), so that's not really been the issue. 
(11-11-2016, 06:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Trump released his 7 point plan for repeal and replace on Obamacare. 

We've had a 9 point vetting process in place for some time now, which takes about 18 months. Read all about it here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015/11/20/infographic-screening-process-refugee-entry-united-states
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(11-12-2016, 02:02 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: We've had a 9 point vetting process in place for some time now, which takes about 18 months. Read all about it here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015/11/20/infographic-screening-process-refugee-entry-united-states

Yes, but now TRUMP is going to do it.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-11-2016, 10:44 AM)samhain Wrote: Trump has just shown them that you don't really need the big money donors if you can get a message that resonates with voters.

Ehhh, I think Trump was a unique candidate.  He got at least $2B in free coverage/publicity, stemming from both his celebrity and outrageous statements.  He made news, which led the news to covering him.

Not many other candidates are going to be able to replicate that.  Maybe Kanye West, or George Clooney if he lets Lena Durham write his speeches and control his twitter.
--------------------------------------------------------

we'll see exactly what he wants to do, now that he is "planning" on keeping certain things from the ACA
People suck
(11-14-2016, 02:58 PM)Griever Wrote: we'll see exactly what he wants to do, now that he is "planning" on keeping certain things from the ACA

Realistically, we can't really go backward from the point of allowing carriers to exclude preexisting conditions.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Because with the current state of deductibles going through the roof, people electing to take the fine rather than follow the mandate, something has to change.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23